If you've ever wondered what to serve with salmon, wonder no more. We've gathered up 21 of the best side dishes to go with salmon so you can serve healthy and delicious salmon week after week without feeling like your serving the something over and over again!
Salmon is a delicious source of healthy protein. It's one of the best sources of healthy omega-3s and it's loaded with antioxidants and other nutrients. It's naturally gluten free and low carb and it's Keto, Paleo and Whole 30-friendly.
Salmon is incredibly easy to cook and it's my go-to for quick, easy meals. Salmon is the perfect weeknight menu option and it's ideal for a dinner party.
We try to incorporate salmon into our diet every week or every other week. I hate being repetitive so I try to mix up the seasonings that I use and the side dishes that I serve with salmon. Salmon is versatile and can be served with almost anything from an elegant salad to crispy french fries.
Whether you're planning an intimate dinner for two or serving a crowd, you don't have to wonder what to serve with salmon. These salmon side dishes will delight your palate and keep dinner interesting week after week.
1. Parmesan Crusted Asparagus
Tender spears of asparagus are topped with parmesan cheese and crunchy panko bread crumbs and roasted until they are crispy and golden. This healthy and delicious sidedish will be ready in under 20 minutes.
2. Oven Roasted Baby Potatoes
Oven Roasted Baby Potatoes are the perfect salmon side dish. These little potatoes are perfectly seasoned then roasted in the oven until they are crispy on the outside and creamy tender on the inside.
3. Air Fryer Baby Carrots with Honey Butter
Baby carrots are air fried until they are tender and then tossed with sweet honey butter and fresh herbs of your choice. This simple side dish is ready in minutes.
4. Greek Quinoa Salad
Gluten free quinoa is combined with cucumbers, tomatoes, feta cheese and a lemon and herb dressing in a light and refreshing Mediterannean side dish to serve with salmon.
5. Caprese Pasta Salad with Pesto
This cool and refreshing pasta salad is perfect for serving with salmon. Bowtie pasta is paired with fresh tomatoes, basil and creamy mozzarella cheese to celebrate the fresh flavors of summer.
6. Simple Balsamic Glazed Caprese Salad
Slices of juicy, ripe tomatoes are topped with mozzarella and a drizzle of balsamic glaze. This simple side dish can be made in minutes.
7. Angel Hair Pasta With Blush Sauce
This pink sauce pasta has a luscious and creamy tomato sauce. Serve with a smaller serving of salmon to stretch your meal further and satisfy your tummy.
8. Avocado, Tomato and Arugula Salad with Cilantro Vinaigrette
This light and refreshing salad is simple yet loaded with flavor. Creamy avocado, sweet tomatoes and peppery arugula offer the perfect balance for a healthy salmon dinner.
9. Pan Roasted Potato Salad with Arugula and Crispy Prosciutto
This Italian roasted potato salad is made with fresh ingredients and served warm. It's a lovely alternative to traditional potato side dishes.
10. Spinach Salad with Blue Cheese, Grapes and Almonds
This fresh salad is topped with sweet grapes, crunchy almonds and tangy blue cheese. It's the perfect year round salad that goes perfectly with salmon.
More Side Dish Recipes to Go with Salmon
- Air Fryer Baked Potato Recipe with Seasoned Sour Cream
- The Easiest Oven Roasted Brussels Sprouts Recipe!
- Farmers Market Tomato Salad
- Easy Garlic Parmesan Rice from Souffle Bombay
- Crispy Baked Green Bean Fries from Dizzy, Busy and Hungry
- Lentil Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette from Grumpys Honey Bunch
- Green Beans with Mushrooms and Shallots from Everyday Eileen
- Air Fryer Baked Sweet Potato
- Sesame Ramen Noodle Salad from Swirls of Flavor
- Sweet and Crunchy Broccoli Slaw Recipe
- Oven Baked Truffle Fries from Snappy Gourmet
Subscribe to Jersey Girl Cooks if you would like more recipes and cooking tips sent to your email. You can also order my Super Easy Cookbook for Beginners and follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
Leave a Reply