It is so easy to make air fryer roasted baby carrots. These carrots are coated with honey and melted butter after they are cooked making them one delicious side dish.
I am all about quick and easy recipes. My family gets served veggies with their dinner every night and the air fryer is a great option to cook them in. Air Fryer Carrots are a healthy side dish and such an easy recipe. I love that these air fryer roasted baby carrots take only 15 minutes to air fry and clean up is a breeze. The carrots take much less time to cook than roasting in a regular oven.
This is also a great holiday dinner side dish with very little prep time! Cooking in the air fryer frees up space so I can cook main dishes like Cuban Roasted Dutch Oven chicken or pork tenderloin in my oven. It's important to me to have a simple side dishe for the holidays or just for a nice family dinner.
- carrots - a bag of baby carrots make things easy but you can use regular carrots also. Just peel the whole carrots and cut into 2 inch pieces.
- olive oil - I always use a good quality olive oil in all my cooking.
- a pinch of salt and black pepper - sea salt and fresh ground pepper does the trick
- honey - there are so many different varieties but I go with a basic wildflower honey. Use your favorite or if you don't use honey, try one of my best honey substitutes like Maple syrup or brown sugar.
- melted butter - for an easy tip melt it right in the microwave
- optional fresh herbs - these always make this carrot recipe look pretty and give extra flavor. Fresh parsley, basil or dill are great choices.
How to Make Roasted Carrots in the Air Fryer
- Wash baby carrots and toss with olive oil, salt and pepper in amedium bowl.
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees F. Place seasoned carrots in an even single layer on rack or in air fryer basket.
- Air fry carrots until they are browned and fork tender.
- Mix together the melted butter, honey and fresh herbs.
- Toss carrots with the mixture.
- Serve and enjoy!
For full ingredients and instructions, see RECIPE CARD below. Also see the webstory on making these carrots.
Tips and Variations for Air Fryer Baby Carrots
- Spread carrots out evenly in one layer in your basket or on the rack. You don't want to crowd them too much where the air does not circulate well.
- For extra flavor, season the carrots with a seasoned salt, garlic powder or another one of your favorite seasonings. They can also be sprinkled with dried herbs like dill or parsley. Instead of making the honey butter sauce, you can also give coat the carrots with a little olive oil then a splash of lemon juice, balsamic vinegar or even a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.
- Try using different colored carrots (if you can find them) for a pretty presentation.
- If you like your carrots softer, cook them for a few additional minutes longer.
- Store leftover carrots in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
What to serve with carrots
Air Fried carrots are the perfect side dish to serve with poultry, meat or seafood. Here are some entrees that I serve them with.
- Pan Seared Scallops with Brown Butter Beer Sauce
- Chicken Thighs with Mushrooms and Red Wine Sauce
- Grilled Prime Rib Roast
- Cod Fish and Artichoke Piccata
More Air Fryer Recipes
I really do love my air fryer and have been cooking in it several times a week. Check out my other recipes using my air fryer.
- Air Fryer Cajun Salmon
- Homemade Air Fryer Fish Sticks
- Air Fryer Baked Potatoes with Seasoned Sour Cream
- How to make Air Fryer Cornish Hens
- Air Fryer Roast Beef with Herbed Crust via Grumpy's Honeybunch
- Air Fryer BBQ Shrimp
Sure! Make sure the larger carrots are washed, peeled and cut into even 1 to 2 inch pieces. Cooking time can vary slightly as the carrots will be a slightly different size than baby carrots.
Store in an air tight container in teh fridge for up to 4 days.
Yes, you can. I prefer fresh baby carrots but frozen is fine. Check them halfway through cooking time as the frozen carrots are proabbly not the same exact size as the fresh baby carrots.
Actually it's probably better to just make this recipe twice because you don't want to crowd your air fryer too much. You can always keep the first batch warm while the second batch is cooking or reheat them quickly in the microwave.
I hope you give this delicious recipe a try and love them as much as I do. Air fried carrots will be your new favorite way to cook them.
If you like this air fryer baby carrots recipe, please give it a 5-star rating below.
Air Fryer Baby Carrots with Honey Butter
- air fryer
- 16 ounces baby carrots (1 bag)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- a sprinkle of salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 ½ tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoons fresh chopped herbs (optional parsley, dill or basil)
- Toss cleaned carrots with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Preheat air fryer if necessary to 400 degrees. Arrange carrots in an even layer n the air fryer rack or basket.
- Roast carrots for about 15 minutes oir until browned and they reach your desired tenderness. They do not have to be flipped.
- Mix together melted butter, honey and fresh herbs (if using).
- Toss the carrots with the butter mixture and sprinkle on extra herbs and/or salt and pepper if desired.
Thanks for stopping by! Subscribe to Jersey Girl Cooks if you would like more recipes and cooking tips sent to your email. You can also order my Super Easy Cookbook for Beginners and follow me on social media - Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.