It is so easy to make air fryer roasted baby carrots. These carrots are coated with honey and melted butter after they are cooked making them one delicious side dish.
I am all about quick and easy recipes. My family gets served veggies with their dinner every night and the air fryer is a great tool to make them. Carrots in the air fryer are so good. I love that these air fryer roasted baby carrots take only 15 minutes to roast and clean up is a breeze.
This is also a great holiday dinner side dish! Cooking in the air fryer frees up space so I can cook main dishes like Cuban Roasted Dutch Oven chicken or pork tenderloin in my oven. It's important to me to have simple side dishes for the holidays or just for a nice family dinner.
- carrots - baby carrots make things easy.
- olive oil - I always use a good quality olive oil in all my cooking.
- salt and pepper - sea salt and fresh ground pepper does the trick
- honey - there are so many different varieties but I go with a basic wildflower honey. Use your favorite.
- melted butter - for an easy tip melt it right in the microwave
- optional fresh herbs - these always make a recipe look pretty and give extra flavor
How to Make Roasted Carrots in the Air Fryer
- Wash baby carrots and toss in olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees. Arrange carrots in an even layer on rack or in air fryer basket.
- Roast carrots until they are browned and fork tender.
- Mix together the melted butter, honey and fresh herbs.
- Toss carrots with the mixture.
- Serve and enjoy!
For full ingredients and instructions, see RECIPE CARD below. Also see the webstory on making these carrots.
Tips and Variations for Air Fryer Baby Carrots
- Spread carrots out evenly in one layer in your basket or on the rack. You don't want to crowd them too much where the air does not circulate well.
- For extra flavor, season the carrots with a seasoned salt, garlic powder or another one of your favorite seasonings. They can also be sprinkled with dried herbs like dill or parsley.
- Try using different colored carrots (if you can fins them) for a pretty presentation.
- If you like your carrots softer, cook them for a few minutes longer.
What to serve with carrots
Air Fried carrots are the perfect side dish to serve with poultry, meat or seafood. Here are some entrees that I serve them with.
- Pan Seared Scallops with Brown Butter Beer Sauce
- Chicken Thighs with Mushrooms and Red Wine Sauce
- Grilled Prime Rib Roast
- Cod Fish and Artichoke Piccata
More Air Fryer Recipes
I really do love my air fryer and have been cooking in it several times a week. Check out my other recipes using my air fryer.
- Air Fryer Cajun Salmon
- Homemade Air Fryer Fish Sticks
- Air Fryer Baked Potatoes with Seasoned Sour Cream
- How to make Air Fryer Cornish Hens
- Air Fryer Roast Beef with Herbed Crust via Grumpy's Honeybunch
- Air Fryer BBQ Shrimp
Sure! Make sure they are washed, peeled and cut into even 1 to 2 inch pieces. Cooking time can vary slightly as the carrots will be a slightly different size than baby carrots.
Store in an air tight container in teh fridge for up to 4 days.
Yes, you can. I prefer fresh baby carrots but frozen is fine. Check them halfway through cooking time as the frozen carrots are proabbly not the same exact size as the fresh baby carrots.
Actually it's probably better to just make this recipe twice because you don't want to crowd your air fryer too much. You can always keep the first batch warm while the second batch is cooking or reheat them quickly in the microwave.
I hope you give this yummy carrot recipe a try and love them as much as I do!
If you like this recipe for air fried carrots, please give it a 5-star rating below.
Air Fryer Baby Carrots with Honey Butter
- air fryer
- 16 ounces baby carrots (1 bag)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- a sprinkle of salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 ½ tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoons fresh chopped herbs (optional parsley, dill or basil)
- Toss cleaned carrots with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Preheat air fryer if necessary to 400 degrees. Arrange carrots in an even layer n the air fryer rack or basket.
- Roast carrots for about 15 minutes oir until browned and they reach your desired tenderness. They do not have to be flipped.
- Mix together melted butter, honey and fresh herbs (if using).
- Toss the carrots with the butter mixture and sprinkle on extra herbs and/or salt and pepper if desired.