This Oven Roasted Brussels Sprouts Recipe has no fail instructions! Roast some up with your favorite seasonings or top with your sauce of choice. And since there is no bacon or butter this vegan Brussels sprouts recipe is perfect for all diets.
While you may think of Brussels sprouts as a fall or winter vegetable, I love eating them all year round. They are on plenty of restaurant menus and are all the rage in food websites and magazines.
A few weeks ago I even ordered them off a happy hour menu. They were crispy and coated with a coriander yogurt sauce. Sitting right next to a martini, they were heavenly. Now who ever would have thought?
Are Brussels Sprouts good for you?
Lately I have been counting calories so Brussels sprouts are a good vegetable to choose. They have a ton of nutrients and fiber but are also very filling. This vegetable is a really good choice when you are looking to eat healthy.
Let me warn you though, Brussels sprouts are not known for making your kitchen or house smell good. But don't let that deter you from roasting them, because once you take a pan of them out of the oven and taste them, you will make them again and again. And you can always bake some Cuban Roasted Chicken or bake a batch of Lemon Olive Oil Muffins to make your kitchen smell good.
I roast a big pan and then love to use them in salads. Last night my dinner consisted of a big Greek Chicken Salad topped with warm roasted Brussels sprouts. Doesn't that sound delicious?
What ingredients are needed to make Oven Roasted Brussels Sprouts?
To make this hearty vegetable, all you need are a few simple ingredients.
- Olive Oil – Or any light vegetable oil will work.
- Brussels Sprouts – If the Brussels sprouts are small you can leave them whole. For larger one, cut them in half or even into quarters.
- Seasonings – Salt and pepper is a must but I like to spice things up sometimes and add garlic or onion powder, fresh herbs or even a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.
I beg you to try a pan of these. I then roast them until they are tender and the outside leaves are crispy. They are not the soggy vegetable of the past where they were boiled until mushy and all moms made their kids eat them. No, these are the new trendy ones. I promise you'll love them.
What sauces go well with this recipe?
This is a very basic vegan brussels sprouts recipe. To make things interesting you should try either dipping these brussels sprouts or topping them with a delicious sauce. Some of the sauces below are not vegan, so be sure to check the recipe if you'd like to keep the whole recipe that way.
- Feta Cheese Dip with Red Peppers
- Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing
- 25 Minute Marinara Sauce
- Sriracha Fry Sauce
- Lighter Greek Tzatziki Sauce
More Brussels Sprouts Recipes
Do you love Brussels sprouts as much as I do? Try one of these tasty Brussels sprouts recipes.
- Roasted Cranberry Glazed Brussels Sprouts
- Warm Brussels Sprouts Slaw
- Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Butternut Squash and Bacon
- Garlic Rosemary Roasted Brussels Sprouts from The Clean Eating Couple
- Air Fryer Bang Bang Brussels Sprouts
Enjoy your healthy sprouts!
If you like this Oven Roasted Vegan Brussels Sprouts recipe, please leave a 5-star rating.
Easy Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- roasting pan
- 16 ounces Brussels sprouts trimmed and halved
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt (or your favorite seasoning)
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the sprouts on a large baking sheet. Drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper. Mox together to make sure pan is coated with oil.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until Brussels sprouts are tender and crispy.
First Published March 2020 ; Last Updated May 2021
Thanks for stopping by! Subscribe to Jersey Girl Cooks if you would like more recipes and cooking tips sent to your email. You can also order my Super Easy Cookbook for Beginners and follow me on social media - Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.