Little potatoes are coated with olive oil and herbs then roasted in a hot oven. These Oven Roasted Baby Potatoes are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. A side of potatoes is perfect with meat, poultry or seafood.
In my opinion, every good main dish of meat, poultry or fish can use a side of potatoes. This potato dish is easy to make and there is only 5 minutes of prep time. They basically cook themselves and there is no peeling involved!
Ingredients Needed for Roasted Baby Potatoes
- baby potatoes - I like to use yellow potatoes because they have a thin skin but always come out crispy with a tender inside. But feel free to use any type of baby potaoes you like.
- olive oil - canola oil or grapeseed oil can be substituted
- dried rosemary - if you prefer to use fresh, double the amount.
- garlic powder - onion powder also will give these potatoes good flavor
- salt and pepper - I prefer to use sea or kosher salt and fresh ground pepper.
How to make Oven Roasted Potatoes
- Baby potatoes are cut in half and tossed with olive oil, herbs and spices.
- The potatoes are spread on a baking sheet and placed in the oven.
- Potatoes are roasted on high heat for about 30 minutes or until tender and crispy, turning once in the middle of cooking time. (See recipe below for more detailed instructions.)
Baby Potato Recipe Tips
- For easy clean up, line your baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Use fresh or dried rosemary. I think dried is very flavorful so I always keep some in my spice cabinet.
- Feel free to substitute the rosemary with another seasoning like parsley, thyme, dill or dried italian seasoning.
- Regular size potatoes can be substituted for baby potatoes but make sure to cut them into 1-2 inch cubes.
- Store any leftovers in an air tight container. Oven Roasted Baby Potatoes are great reheated in a frying pan with a little olive oil. Perfect next to a frittata or scrambled eggs.
Main Dishes to serve with a side of potatoes
- Pan Seared Scallops with Brown Butter Beer Sauce
- Juicy Grilled Pork Chops
- Cumin Rubbed Steak Kabobs
- Chimichurri Steak via JZ Eats
- Cod Fish and Artichoke Piccata
More Potato Recipes
- Pan Roasted Potato Salad with Arugula and Crispy Prosciutto
- Mini Hasselback Potatoes with Truffle Oil and Parmesan
- Homemade Double Fried French Fries via An Affair From the Heart
If you like this recipe for roasted baby potatoes, please give it a 5-star rating below.
Oven Roasted Baby Potatoes
- baking pan
- 2 pounds baby potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus extra to taste
- ½ teasopoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line the baking pan with parchment paper if desired. Cut the baby potatoes in half.
- In a medium size bowl, mix together the potatoes, olive oil, rosemary, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Lay in a single layer on the baking pan.
- Roast for 30 minutes, turning once in the middle of cooking. Potatoes will be done when they are golden brown with a crispy texture but tender when poked with a fork. Season with extra salt, if needed.