This strawberry mango smoothie pairs delicious fruit with creamy Greek yogurt. It's a fruit and dairy lover's dream beverage!
Strawberry Mango Smoothie For Breakfast
My whole family constantly craves the coveted smoothie. There are so many ways to make them but my favorite is this strawberry and mango combination. I added some Greek yogurt for protein and a touch of honey for extra sweetness. It makes a great breakfast in a cup. This was the way I could always get my teenagers to eat breakfast.
Smoothies are a great way to get some fruit, protein and dairy in your diet. I love to start my day with them and they are an especially refreshing afternoon snack. In the summer I have one almost every day!
If you crave dairy, you'll love this strawberry mango smoothie. I like to keep bags of frozen fruit in the freezer so if I am out of fresh fruit, I can still enjoy this smoothie.
Other Uses for Strawberries
I love strawberries and seem to have them on hand often. I frequently make strawberry salads, a Strawberry Tart with Ricotta and Chocolate and even cocktails with them. Local strawberries are available in the summer but between California strawberries and Florida strawberries, good ones are available all year round. There always seem to be an abundance in my markets.
How to Pick the Best Fruits
- Look for good colors, bright red berries and healthy green leaves.
- The berries should look plump, not dry or shriveled at all.
- Size plays a bit of a role--smaller strawberries tend to be sweeter, but big ones are also delicious if you know what to look for!
- Make sure to look at the container from the top and bottom to make sure there aren't any bad berries.
- Color is not as much of an indicator of mango ripeness. You'll want to focus instead on the feel.
- A ripe mango will have a bit of give when you squeeze it.
- Ripe mangoes also tend to have a fruity aroma around their stem ends.
Storing Leftover Fruit
- Keep your strawberries cold and dry. If you've washed them, dry them off before storing again.
- If possible, arrange the berries on a tray lined with paper towel and cover with plastic wrap, then store in the fridge.
- You can also buy berries during peak season (which is between April and June) and freeze them for later use. Again. wash and dry them, then store them in an airtight bag in the freezer.
- With leftover mango, the option with the most longevity is to chop it up and store it in the freezer. It will last for up to 6 months this way.
- A whole mango can last around 5 days in the fridge.
Aren't strawberries just a beautiful fruit?
Additional Breakfast PairingsIf you're craving a little something extra to accompany your delicious smoothie, try out some of these yummy breakfast options!
- These Strawberry Yogurt Breakfast Parfaits also contain strawberries and Greek yogurt, but the granola provides an added crunch.
- You could also pair with some delicious Double Strawberry Muffins. Or, if you'd rather have something a little different, try these quick and easy Lemon Blueberry Muffins instead!
- If you're looking for something more on the savory side, try these Skinny Mini Frittatas or a Breakfast Wrap with Prosciutto, Eggs and and Avocado.
More Smoothie Recipe
If strawberry and mango are not your fruit of choice, try one of these other smoothie recipes instead. You could also make one non dairy and use only fruit and some almond or soy milk. The possibilities are endless! What's your favorite?
- Blueberry Muffin Smoothie from Bran Appetit
- Green Tea, Berry and Yogurt Smoothie from Cookin Canuck
- Tropical Banana Smoothie
- Blueberry Pomegranate Smoothie from The Hungry Housewife
- Orange Pineapple and Banana Smoothie from For The Love of Cooking
- Detox Carrot and Beet Smoothie from Jeanette's Healthy Living
If you like this strawberry mango smoothie recipe, please give it a 5-star rating below.
Strawberry Mango Smoothie
- 1 mango peeled, seeded and cubed
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 container about 6 ounces plain Greek yogurt
- ¾ cup fat free milk
- ½ cup crushed ice
- honey to taste I used 2 tablespoons
- Put all ingredients in blender. Process until smooth.