This strawberry mango smoothie pairs delicious fruit with creamy Greek yogurt. It's a fruit and dairy lover's dream beverage!
Strawberry Mango Smoothie For Breakfast
My whole family constantly craves the coveted smoothie. There are so many ways to make fruit smoothies but my favorite is this strawberry and mango combination. I added some Greek yogurt for protein and a touch of honey for extra sweetness. It makes a great breakfast in a cup. This was the way I could always get my teenagers to eat breakfast but this healthy drink is really good any time of day.
Smoothies are a great way to get some fruit, protein and dairy in your diet. I love to start my day with them and they are an especially refreshing afternoon snack. In the summer I have one almost every day! This strawberry mango smoothie recipe is perfect on a hot summer day.
If you crave dairy and fruit, you'll love this strawberry mango smoothie made with Greek yogurt. I like to keep bags of frozen fruit in the freezer so if I am out of fresh fruit, I can still enjoy this thick smoothie.
- Fresh strawberries - I slice my strawberries to make them easy to process in the blender. You can also use frozen strawberries if that is what you have on hand.
- Frozen Mango - Bagged chunks of sweet mango are always in my freezer. It is much easier to use this over chopping and cleaning a fresh mango.
- Greek yogurt - This gives the smoothies a super creamy texture.
- Milk - To keep calories low, I prefer to use nonfat or skim milk. But feel free to use your milk of choice.
- Ice - I prefer crushed ice over ice cubes as this does not overwork the blender. You can use whole ice cubes but add a little at a time.
- Honey - Use as much or as little as you like. You can also leave it out if you prefer a smoothie with no added sugar.
See recipe card below for exact ingredient amounts and full recipe.
Put all ingredients in the blender except for honey. Process until smooth. Sweeten to taste with the honey using as much or as little as you like.
- Vegan Strawberry Mango Smoothie - To make this a vegan recipe, substitute a dairy free yogurt for Greek yogurt. Instead of regular milk, try your favorite non-dairy milk like unsweetened almond milk or soy milk or use a fruit juice or coconut water. This might yield a thinner smoothie but will still be delicious with great health benefits.
- Higher Protein Smoothie - While this smoothie gets protein from the milk and yogurt, you could also add an extra scoop of protein powder. This is also a great option when using non dairy milk to get a thicker smoothie.
- Swap the fruits - Use your favorite fruits if you prefer something different than strawberries and mango. It's the easiest way to use up any ripe fruit and turn it into tasty smoothies. I always have ripe bananas on my counter and the creamy fruits are perfect to add to a good smoothie.
More Breakfast Recipes
If you are looking for more easy breakfast recipes, here are some ideas.
- These Strawberry Yogurt Breakfast Parfaits also contain strawberries and Greek yogurt, but the granola provides an added crunch.
- Double Strawberry Muffins or Lemon Blueberry Muffins make a nice easy grab and go treat!
- If you're looking for something more on the savory side, try these Skinny Mini Frittatas or a Breakfast Wrap with Prosciutto, Eggs and and Avocado.
More Smoothie Recipes
If you like smoothies, here are more delicious smoothie recipes:
- Mango Banana Smoothie
- Vegan Cherry Smoothie with Almond Milk
- Orange Banana Green Smoothie
- Green Pina Colada Smoothie
- Pumpkin Spice Smoothie via The Foodie Affair
If you like this strawberry mango smoothie recipe, please give it a 5-star rating below.
Strawberry Mango Smoothie
- 1 mango peeled, seeded and cubed
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 container about 6 ounces plain Greek yogurt
- ¾ cup fat free milk
- ½ cup crushed ice
- honey to taste I used 2 tablespoons
- Put all ingredients in blender. Process until smooth.
Thanks for stopping by! Subscribe to Jersey Girl Cooks if you would like more recipes and cooking tips sent to your email. You can also order my Super Easy Cookbook for Beginners and follow me on social media - Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.