This Orange Banana Smoothie with spinach is packed with vitamins, nutrients, and antioxidants, and it will keep you full and healthy!
Why Make This Orange Banana Smoothie?
It's time for some dirty little secrets. Did I get your attention?
I can be really cranky in the morning. Especially in January and February when the weather stinks. Like lately. I mean who wants to get out of bed before 8 am when it is 20 degrees out. Ask my husband. He'll tell you.
Secret number 2: I have put on a few pounds since November. I can blame it on the holidays, blame it on the lame weather that makes it hard to walk or run outside or blame it on the pandemic. But the truth is, I have been eating what I want and not exercising enough. My loose fitting jeans are not loose anymore and I am not happy about it.
So what am I going to do?
Well, first step is that I will be working out more often. The next thing is that I will be cutting out my late night snacking and eating breakfast more often. No more cheese and crackers while watching TV at night. I also will be getting more fruits and vegetables in my body. Hopefully the extra vitamins will help out with the morning crankiness...lol.
I am making myself this green smoothie to get things moving. It is the perfect breakfast or pre-work out snack. Rather than grabbing a bagel or breakfast sandwich, I will blend myself one of these. It is easy to make and counts as 2 servings of fruit and 2 servings of vegetables.
Green Smoothie Ingredients
- orange - a fruit that will give your smoothie a bright and citrus-y flavor.
- banana - pairs perfectly with the orange and provides your smoothie with some texture and sweetness.
- spinach - spinach has so many health benefits and when blended up with fruits, you can hardly tell it's there!
- crushed ice - this gives your smoothie some more body and makes it nice and cold.
Is this Orange Banana Smoothie with Spinach healthy?
- This smoothie is incredibly healthy! Oranges are high in vitamin C and promote a good immune system, as well as lowering blood pressure and promoting proper digestion.
- Bananas are a fantastic source of fiber, which helps give you energy and makes you feel fuller for longer.
- Spinach is also a great source of fiber and is packed with other nutrients and antioxidants. This leafy green can help strengthen your immune system, support bone health, and has even been shown to aid in preventing certain cancers!
- Best of all, this smoothie is sweet and delicious but has no added sugars! That being said, don't go overboard, because smoothies can be high in calories and there are still natural sugars from the fruits.
- Check out this article for more information on the health benefits of drinks like this orange banana smoothie.
More Smoothie Recipes
- Cherry Smoothie with Almond Milk
- Green Pina Colada Smoothie
- Strawberry Mango Smoothie
- Apple Cider Smoothie from Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Strawberry Blueberry Smoothie from Well Plated by Erin
If you like this orange and spinach smoothie recipe, please give it 5 -stars below.
Orange Banana Green Smoothie
- 1 large peeled orange sectioned
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 small banana peeled and cut into pieces
- ½ cup crushed ice
- Put all ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth.