This sweet chili salmon with lime makes a wonderful but easy week night dinner. My broiled salmon recipe contains only 5 ingredients and I make it at least twice a month.
I love including fish in my diet. Especially salmon fillets. It is quite good for you and contains Omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins and great protein. The health benefits of fish are terrific but this broiled salmon recipe is also delicious.
This chili lime salmon recipe is so easy and requires minimal ingredients. You gotta love any recipe that is this easy and cooks in 20 minutes from start to finish!
- salmon - I like to use wild salmon and of course the fresher the better. I cook the filet whole then cut the salmon after it is cooked. If you prefer cooking it in pieces, adjust cooking time as the smaller pieces will cook more quickly.
- sweet chili sauce - Sometimes referred to as Asian or Thai chili sauce. It's more sweet than spicy. You can find some in the Asian food section of your grocery store
- chili powder - I always keep some in my pantry
- fresh lime - Use fresh limes in this recipe over bottled juice
- dried parsley or cilantro (optional) - you can use fresh if you prefer but I love the convenience of dried herbs. I sprinkle the salmon with this before cooking.
How to Broil Salmon
Salmon is an easy fish to cook and I love the quickness of broiling it. After prepping my salmon filet, I set my broiler to 450 degrees or medium high. It takes only 7 to 10 minutes to cook depending on your desired doneness (see below recipe). The salmon is done when it flakes with a fork. You can use an instant read thermometer to make sure it is cooked perfectly.
Jersey Girl Cooks Recipe Tips
- Line your pan or baking sheet with parchment paper. This makes clean up so easy!
- To make limes extra juicy, microwave them whole for 10 to 20 seconds then roll before cutting and squeezing the juice.
- If buying salmon fresh, don't keep it in your fridge for more than a day or two. Frozen salmon also works in this recipe but make sure to defrost it in the fridge overnight.
- Cook the salmon skin side down. You can easily remove it before serving if that is your prference.
- I like my salmon moist and slightly juicy so I cook it to an internal temperature of 125 to 135 degrees F which is medium rare to medium doneness. If you like your fish well done, cook to 145 degrees F.
- To store leftover salmon, keep in an airtight container. Do not store the leftovers for more than a day.
What to Serve with Sweet Chili Salmon
This is a flavorful recipe where I like to serve plain brown rice and some vegetables on the side. But if you want to fancy things up a bit here are some good salads and side dishes to go with your broiled salmon recipe.
- Air Fryer Baked Potatoes with Seasoned Sour Cream
- Oven Roasted Asparagus with Lemon Zest
- Easy Roasted Vegetables
- Warm Brussels Sprouts Slaw
- Blueberry Caprese Salad
- Air Fryer Frozen Green Beans
Here are more side dish recipes to serve with salmon.
More Easy Salmon Recipes
- Roasted Salmon with Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Sheet Pan Salmon and Asparagus with Spicy Ranch Sauce
- Roasted Lemon Salmon with Dill
- Skillet Salmon with Citrus Salsa via Swirls of Flavor
If you like this recipe for broiled sweet chili salmon, please give it a 5-star rating below.
Broiled Sweet Chili Salmon with Lime
- 16 ounces salmon filet
- 3 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 medium sized limes
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley or cilantro (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat broiler to 450 degrees. Line a baking pan with parchment paper. Lay the salmon fillet skin side down on the baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix together the chili sauce, chili powder and juice from one lime. Spread the mixture over the salmon. Slice the other lime and top with the slices. Sprinkle the fish with the dried parsley or cilantro if desired.
- Put the pan of salmon under the broiler and broil for 7 to 10 minutes depending on desired doneness. Test with a instant read thermometer. It should read 135 for medium and 145 for wekk done salmon.Let rest for 5 minutes before serving. Season with salt and pepper if desired.