Air Fryer Frozen Green Beans are a simple side dish that enlivens any dinner. Air fried green beans are ready on your dinner table in minutes for a healthy addition to your weeknight menu plan.
Why I love these Air Fryer Veggies
Air Fried Frozen Green Beans are my "go-to" side dish in the winter. Why? Because they are easy, super delicious, and I always have at least three packages in my freezer. This perfect side dish is healthy, low carb, gluten free, and dairy free. Frozen veggies are a great alternative to fresh, and I love this quick air fryer cooking method for a busy weeknight dinner.
- Frozen Green Beans – Keep a few bags in your freezer for a quick side dish any time.
- Olive Oil – Or substitute your favorite light, neutral oil. If you are a butter lover, you can also toss the beans with melted butter.
- Garlic Powder – This seasoning will provide great flavor. Or mince 2 cloves of fresh garlic. You could also use onion powder instead.
- Kosher Salt and Black Pepper – Season to taste.
How To Air Fry Frozen Green Beans
- Toss frozen green beans with a little oil and garlic powder. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste (depending on how much you like).
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees F. Spread green beans in a single layer on tray or air fryer basket.
- Cook green beans for 10 to 12 minutes or until desired doneness turning once in the middle of cooking time.
See printable recipe card below for full recipe instructions, ingredients and nutritional information
- Frozen green beans are already trimmed and prepped so just toss with the seasoning in a large bowl and cook as directed. No other prep work needed for this green beans recipe.
- There is no need to thaw the green beans in advance. Cook directly from frozen.
- Garlic powder, salt and pepper are my favorite seasonings for air fried green beans but you can use your favorite seasoning blend. Try Greek or Italian seasoning or even a bit of ginger and soy sauce for an Asian flair. Sometimes I also toss my air fryer green beans with a bit of lemon juice or balsamic vinegar, red pepper flakes and extra virgin olive oil.
- Beans can be different thicknesses depending on the time in the season when they were frozen. Thinner green beans may cook a little quicker while thicker green beans may take a few more minutes.
- Cook longer if you like crispy green beans well done and slightly charred.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- To reheat air fried green beans, add them to the air fryer for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- You can microwave the leftovers from this easy recipe but they will not get crispy again.
It takes 10-12 minutes to make air fried green beans. They will be tender on the inside with a bit of crispiness on the outside.
To use fresh green beans, reduce the cooking time to 9 minutes. Check for doneness and add 1 minute at a time as needed until cooked as desired.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Baby Carrots with Honey Butter
- Air Fryer BBQ Shrimp
- Air Fryer Baked Potato Recipe with Seasoned Sour Cream
- Homemade Air Fryer Fish Sticks
- Air Fryer Pork Chops from Recipe From A Pantry
- Air Fried Cauliflower
More Simple Side Dishes
- Black Bean and Corn Salsa
- Sweet and Crunchy Broccoli Slaw Recipe
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts and Butternut Squash with Bacon
- Oven Roasted Asparagus with Lemon Zest
- Baked Zucchini Fries from Swirls of Flavor
If you like these Air Fryer Frozen Green Beans, please leave a 5-star rating.
Air Fryer Frozen Green Beans
- air fryer
- 16 ounces frozen green beans
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Toss frozen green beans with olive oil and garlic powder. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste (depending on how much you like).
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F. Spread green beans in a layer on tray or basket. Cook green beans for 10 to 12 minutes or until desired doneness turning once in the middle of cooking time.
Thanks for stopping by! Subscribe to Jersey Girl Cooks if you would like more recipes and cooking tips sent to your email. You can also order my Super Easy Cookbook for Beginners and follow me on social media - Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.