Lemon Dill Roasted Salmon uses 3 ingredients plus salt and pepper. You'll love this easy and healthy salmon dinner.
I grew up eating a lot of fish. My dad was from an island in Croatia so it was not uncommon for him to be grilling whole fish, eyeballs still intact and all. While my friends got to eat fish sticks at their houses, none of that was to be found at mine. Fish sticks were considered to be "American food" and not real fish by my father or any of his Croatian relatives.
I am not big on cooking whole fish with the eyeballs staring at me. As a matter of fact, I do make homemade fish sticks often as my kids like them. They also are my choice of fish to put in Baha Fish Taco Bowls. But when it comes to my preference, I like fresh fish that I don't have to filet. My husband finally started eating salmon recently so we have it quite often.
- salmon fillets - they are already cleaned and so easy to cook.
- lemon - lemon goes great with fish
- dill - I always keep dried dill weed on hand but I have also used fresh dill when I can get it and it is terrific on salmon.
- salt and pepper - to taste
To make this salmon, you barely need a recipe and this dinner is ready in under 30 minutes. Complete recipe card instructions with exact ingredient amounts are below.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Season the salmon with salt, pepper and dried dill. Fresh dill is really great too if you can manage to find some.
- Place filets on the baking sheet. Sprinkle salt, pepper and dill over salmon. Slice the ends off the lemon then into four even slices. Put one slice on each filet.
- Roast in oven for about 15 or until fish is cooked and flakes with a fork.
Easy Cooking Tips
- Lay some parchment paper on a pan for easy clean up.
- I like to stop at the market on my way home to pick up salmon. This way the fish is fresh and it doesn't even have to sit in my refrigerator.
What to serve with Lemon Dill Salmon
More Salmon Recipes:
- Air Fryer Cajun Salmon
- Sweet and spicy Asian Salmon with Mango Slaw
- Broiled Sweet Chili Salmon with Lime
If you like this recipe for Lemon Dill Salmon, please give it a 5-star rating below.
Lemon Dill Roasted Salmon
- 4 6 ounce salmon filets
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon dried dill
- 1 large lemon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cover a baking pan with a sheet of parchment paper.
- Place filets on the sheet. Sprinkle salt, pepper and dill over salmon. Slice the ends off the lemon then into four even slices. Put one slice on each filet.
- Roast in oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until fish is cooked and flakes with a fork.
Thanks for stopping by! Subscribe to Jersey Girl Cooks if you would like more recipes and cooking tips sent to your email. You can also order my Super Easy Cookbook for Beginners and follow me on social media - Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.