Once you discover Roasted Spicy Ranch Salmon with Asparagus, you'll never want salmon any other way. This dinner has lots of flavor and it's very easy to make!
Normally, dinnertime at our house can be a little hectic. With everyone on different schedules, it is not uncommon to be sitting down at the table at 8pm. We try not to eat that late often but it happens. I feel that it is important my family sits down to several meals a week together. It can't happen every night but I try for several meals a week whether it's breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Lately, we have had many meals together because everyone is home more often. I have been trying to come up with a variety of meals that can be prepared in under 30 minutes. This salmon with asparagus is a winner so I cook it often. Salmon is healthy, cooks quick in the oven and it's always good to get more fish in our diets. The one pan clean up makes me very happy also.
This recipe uses bottled ranch dressing but we don't have to tell anyone. This meal is elegant enough for company and if your guests ask for this salmon and asparagus recipe, tell them it is a secret family recipe. Or you could give it to them and they might even invite you over to their house for dinner.
Spicy Roasted Ranch Salmon with Asparagus is definitely my week night "go to" salmon recipe. It is a fairly low- carb meal. I am not on a low carb diet but I like to eat all foods in moderation. So I save my carbs for a dessert like Cinnamon Cannoli Dip or Blueberry Frozen Yogurt.
Try this easy recipe. It does not disappoint!
Salmon and Asparagus with Spicy Ranch Sauce
- ¼ Cup ranch dressing
- 1 Tablespoon siracha sauce or more to taste
- 4 Salmon filets about 1 ½ pounds, skin removed
- 1 ½ pounds asparagus trimmed
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ½ Teaspoon sea salt
- ½ Teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 Teaspoons dried dill
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix together ranch dressing and siracha sauce in a large deep dish. Place salmon in sauce and toss to coat well.
- Place asparagus in a roasting pan and toss with olive oil, salt and garlic powder. Lay in a single layer.
- Place salmon on top of asparagus and sprinkle with dill.
- Place pan in oven and cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until salmon is cooked and flakes with a fork.