Once you discover Sheet Pan Salmon and Asparagus, you'll never want salmon any other way. This baked salmon and asparagus recipe has lots of flavor and it's very easy to make!
Normally, dinnertime at our house can be a little hectic. With everyone on different schedules, it is not uncommon to be sitting down at the table at 8pm. We try not to eat that late often but it happens. I feel that it is important my family sits down to several meals a week together. It can't happen every night but I try for several meals a week whether it's breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Lately, we have had many meals together because everyone is home more often. I have been trying to come up with a variety of meals that can be prepared in under 30 minutes. This sheet pan salmon and asparagus is a winner so I cook it often. Salmon is healthy, cooks quick in the oven and it's always good to get more fish in our diets. The one pan clean up makes me very happy also. Lining the sheet pan with parchment paper makes it super easy!
This baked salmon recipe uses bottled ranch dressing but we don't have to tell anyone. This meal is elegant enough for company and if your guests ask for this salmon and asparagus recipe, tell them it is a secret family recipe. Or you could give it to them and they might even invite you over to their house for dinner.
How To Bake Sheet Pan Salmon and Asparagus
Get the full ingredients and instructions in the recipe card below.
- Toss asparagus in olive oil, salt, garlic and place it in a single layer on a roasting pan lined with parchment paper.
- Coat the salmon with the ranch and sriracha mixture. You can place the pieces on top of the asparagus or next to it depending on the size of your pan. Sprinkle the salmon with dill.
- Bake in a 400F oven for 15-20 minutes until the salmon flakes easily with a fork.
Side Dishes to Serve with this Baked Salmon Asparagus Recipe
This easy salmon asparagus recipe is delicious on its own but you can make it bigger meal by adding one of these tasty side dishes.
- Mini Parmesan Truffle Hasselback Potatoes
- Air Fryer Baked Potato Recipe with Seasoned Sour Cream
- Greek Quinoa Salad as a Healthy Side Dish
- Spinach Salad with Blue Cheese, Grapes and Almonds
- Butternut Squash and Mushroom Risotto
Why Baked Salmon is Good For You
Not only is salmon easy to cook and bake, but it is also full of flavor and healthy to boot. Salmon is loaded with Omega-3 fatty acids which may be beneficial to heart health. Eating 8-ounces of Omega-3-rich fish each week can lower blood pressure and reduce the risk of stroke and heart failure. Baking the salmon is a healthy way to cook fish. Making a meal that tastes great and has some health benefits makes me feel good about what I am putting on the table, even if we are in a hurry!
More Salmon Recipes
- Baked Asian Salmon with Mango Slaw
- Roasted Lemon Salmon Recipe with Dill
- Smoked Salmon Tea Sandwiches
- Broiled Sweet Chili Salmon with Lime
- Everything Bagel Roasted Salmon from FoodFanatic
Spicy Roasted Ranch Salmon with Asparagus is definitely my weeknight "go to" salmon recipe. It is a fairly low- carb meal. I am not on a low carb diet but I like to eat all foods in moderation. So I save my carbs for a dessert such as Cinnamon Cannoli Dip or Blueberry Frozen Yogurt.
Try this easy baked salmon and asparagus recipe. It does not disappoint. If you like making sheet pan dinner recipes, also try my Oven Baked Sausage and Peppers with Potatoes.
If you like this sheet pan salmon recipe, please give it a 5-star rating below.
Salmon and Asparagus with Spicy Ranch Sauce
- ¼ Cup ranch dressing
- 1 Tablespoon siracha sauce or more to taste
- 4 Salmon filets about 1 ½ pounds, skin removed
- 1 ½ pounds asparagus trimmed
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ½ Teaspoon sea salt
- ½ Teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 Teaspoons dried dill
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix together ranch dressing and siracha sauce in a large deep dish. Place salmon in sauce and toss to coat well.
- Place asparagus in a roasting pan and toss with olive oil, salt and garlic powder. Lay in a single layer.
- Place salmon on top of asparagus and sprinkle with dill.
- Place pan in oven and cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until salmon is cooked and flakes with a fork.
First Published May 2020; Updated February 2021