Once you discover Sheet Pan Salmon and Asparagus, you'll never want salmon any other way. This baked salmon and asparagus recipe has lots of flavor and this sheet pan meal is very easy to make!
Normally, dinnertime at our house can be a little hectic. With everyone on different schedules, it is not uncommon to be sitting down at the table at 8pm. We try not to eat that late often but it happens. I feel that it is important my whole family sits down to several meals a week together. It can't happen every night but I try for several meals a week whether it's breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Lately, we have had many meals together because everyone is home more often. I have been trying to come up with a variety of meals that can be prepared in under 30 minutes. Sheet pan dinners are easy and the one-pan meal clean up makes me happy. Lining the sheet pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper that is precut makes it even easier!
This sheet pan salmon dinner with asparagus is a winner so I cook it often on busy weeknights. Salmon is healthy, cooks quick in the oven and it's always good to get more fish in our diets.
This baked salmon recipe uses bottled ranch dressing but we don't have to tell anyone. This meal is elegant enough for company and if your guests ask for this salmon and asparagus recipe, tell them it is a secret family recipe. Or you could give it to them and they might even invite you over to their house for dinner.
- salmon fillets - The best kind of salmon is fresh so buy it no more than one day before you are cooking fresh seafood.
- fresh asparagus - I prefer a thicker asparagus over thin asparagus in this recipe. Thinner asparagus will cook quicker than the thick one will.
- ranch dressing - use your favorite.
- siracha sauce - Or substitute another type of hot sauce.
- olive oil - Another neutral oil works too.
- sea salt - I also like some fresh ground black pepper added when I am done cooking my dinner.
- garlic powder - This gives some extra flavor.
- dried dill - I always have dried dill in my pantry but use fresh dill it is available.
How To Bake Sheet Pan Salmon and Asparagus
Get the full ingredients and instructions in the recipe card below.
- Toss asparagus in olive oil, salt, garlic and place it in a single layer on a roasting pan lined with parchment paper.
- Mix the ranch dressing and sriracha in a small bowl then coat the salmon with the mixture. You can place the pieces on top of the asparagus or next to it depending on the size of your pan. Sprinkle the salmon with dill.
- Bake in a 400F preheated oven for 15-20 minutes until the salmon flakes easily with a fork. If you like the asparagus cooked a bit more you can remove the salmon to a plate and cook the asparagus a few more minutes or add the asparagus to the oven for 5 to 10 minutes then add the salmon to the pan.
Side Dishes to Serve with this Baked Salmon Asparagus Recipe
This easy salmon asparagus recipe is delicious on its own and I often make simple oven roasted baby potatoes or a side of rice. Here are more tasty side dishes that go great with this sheet pan recipe.
- Mini Parmesan Truffle Hasselback Potatoes
- Air Fryer Baked Potato Recipe with Seasoned Sour Cream
- Greek Quinoa Salad
- Spinach Salad with Blue Cheese, Grapes and Almonds
- Butternut Squash and Mushroom Risotto
- Air Fryer Green Beans
Yes! Not only is salmon easy to cook and bake, but it is also full of flavor and healthy to boot. Salmon is loaded with Omega-3 fatty acids which may be beneficial to heart health. Eating 8-ounces of heart-healthy Omega-3s rich fish each week can lower blood pressure and reduce the risk of stroke and heart failure. Baking the salmon is a healthy way to cook fish and an easy recipe to put on the table for a healthy dinner.
For best results, bake the salmon and asparagus in a 400 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes. If you like the asparagus cooked more then you can put the asparagus in for 5 to 10 minutes before you add the salmon.
Store the leftovers in an airtight container for no more than a day or so. Fish is always best eaten the day it is made.
More Salmon Recipes
- Baked Asian Salmon with Mango Slaw
- Roasted Lemon Salmon Recipe with Dill
- Smoked Salmon Tea Sandwiches
- Broiled Sweet Chili Salmon with Lime
- Everything Bagel Roasted Salmon from FoodFanatic
Spicy Roasted Ranch Salmon with Asparagus is definitely my weeknight "go to" salmon recipe. It is a fairly low- carb meal. I am not on a low carb diet but I like to eat all foods in moderation. So I save my carbs for a dessert such as Cinnamon Cannoli Dip or Blueberry Frozen Yogurt.
Try this easy baked salmon and asparagus recipe. It does not disappoint. Making a meal that tastes great and has some health benefits makes me feel good about what I am putting on the table, even if we are in a hurry!
If you like making sheet pan dinner recipes, also try my Oven Baked Sausage and Peppers with Potatoes.
If you like this sheet pan salmon recipe, please give it a 5-star rating below.
Salmon and Asparagus with Spicy Ranch Sauce
- ¼ Cup ranch dressing
- 1 Tablespoon siracha sauce or more to taste
- 4 Salmon filets about 1 ½ pounds, skin removed
- 1 ½ pounds asparagus trimmed
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ½ Teaspoon sea salt
- ½ Teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 Teaspoons dried dill
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix together ranch dressing and siracha sauce in a large deep dish. Place salmon in sauce and toss to coat well.
- Place asparagus in a roasting pan and toss with olive oil, salt and garlic powder. Lay in a single layer.
- Place salmon on top of asparagus and sprinkle with dill.
- Place pan in oven and cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until salmon is cooked and flakes with a fork. (see notes below)
Subscribe to Jersey Girl Cooks if you would like more recipes like this one. You can also order my Super Easy Cookbook for Beginners and follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
Ooh I love the idea of this!! I'm ALWAYS looking for new salmon recipes and this one sounds fabulous!
Kristin @ Dizzy Busy and Hungry
This looks great, I am definitely going to try it! Always looking for quick and easy salmon dishes. Thanks for the great recipe!
I love a quick and easy dinner idea! This one has so much flavor, that I know it would be a hit with my family!
I am stuffed from the Thanksgiving meal and all the leftovers. I could use some healthier, lighter meals! Thanks for all the great ideas!!!
My husband is always looking for new salmon recipes so this will be perfect to try! Thank you!
I just love how creamy this was and have been on a salmon kick I have made it every way and this was a new delicious recipe I just loved and will make again! Ranch compliments salmon perfectly thanks Lisa!!
This was such an easy dish to prepare -- fantastic sheet-pan dinner! Kids loved it! Thanks for sharing!
This looks like such an easy and healthy dinner recipe!! Love that it can all be made on one sheet pan too! Can't wait to try this soon!