Rainbow Greek Chicken Salad tastes as good as it looks. You'll want to eat this fresh and healthy salad once a week!
I love eating a big salad for dinner! I prefer having some protein in mine because if not, I get hungry later that night. My thinking is that if I keep my carbs low with the meal, I can use them for a cocktail and dessert. That is my kind of balance!
What type of chicken is used in this salad?
Today I'm making a colorful Greek chicken salad. The chicken can be grilled or roasted in advance or even pulled from a store bought rotisserie one. Pre- cooked store bought chicken also works. Some of the vegetables can be chopped in advance so it is really easy to assemble. I always serve thinly sliced onion on the side. There are too many raw onion haters walking around so I like to stay on the safe side. If you really want to be lazy, you can use bottled Greek dressing. Shhhhh....just don't tell anyone. Dinner doesn't get easier than this.
If you think you can't make a beautiful looking dinner, well think again. Have you ever gone to a grocery store salad bar and made yourself a great salad? If you can do that, you can make this Rainbow Greek Chicken Salad. It's all about the presentation on this one. You can wow your family or a bunch of guests when you carry this to your table.
I grill my chicken in a cast iron grill pan. Chicken tenders are good for salad recipes because they cook quick. A little olive oil is added to a hot pan and then I sprinkle the chicken with some Greek seasoning. The chicken is cooked for a few minutes on each side, turned, then a little lemon is squeezed on the chicken. I love to cook up a big batch of this in advance. It can be eaten cold or reheated in the microwave. So easy and healthy!
You can serve warm pita breads with this salad if you are not counting carbs. Add a little butter to the pitas then grill them. It makes them so much better.
Assemble this big beautiful salad and mix yourself a summer cocktail such as a fresh strawberry mojito or orange basil smash. Sit on your patio on a warm Sunday night and have a big ice cream cone for dessert. Summer time is almost here!
Make sure to scroll down and take a look at all the other great salad recipes below. Lettuce make your dinners very easy.....hahaha. I just had to get a lettuce pun in.
Happy salad eating!
Rainbow Greek Chicken Salad
- 1 small head of romaine lettuce chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup sweet pepper rings red or yellow
- 2 Persian cucumbers
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- ⅓ cup Kalamata olives
- 12 ounces grilled or rotisserie chicken breast
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
- ½ cup Greek vinaigrette dressing or extra if needed
- On a large platter, arrange the lettuce.
- Add the tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, feta cheese, olives and chicken on top of the lettuce.
- Dressing can be poured over the salad or served on the side.
- Serve with thin sliced onion on the side and warm pita bread if desired.
More salad recipes!
- Grilled Greek Steak Cobb with Greek Goddess Dressing by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Grilled Keilbasa and Warm Mustard Viniagrette Salad by Our Good Life
- Healthy Steak Salad by Cricket’s Confections
- Roasted Tomato Vinaigrette Beef Salad by Sunday Supper Movement
- Southwestern Steak Salad by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- BBQ Chicken Salad by Palatable Pastime
- BBQ Chicken Avocado Hemp Seed Salad by Family Foodie
- Caribbean Chicken Quinoa Salad by My Life Cookbook
- Chicken Fried Picnic Salad by The Freshman Cook
- Chicken Salad with Orange and Fennel by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Chrissy’s Cobb Salad by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Grilled Panzanella Salad with Chicken Sausage by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Rainbow Greek Chicken Salad by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Beer Steamed Shrimp Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Crab Salad with Chili, Tomato and Avocado by Monica’s Table
- French Lentil Salad Nicoise-Style with Seared Tuna by Caroline’s Cooking
- Red Camargue and Wild Rice Salad with Tuna by Food Lust People Love
- Roasted Cod and Edamame Salad by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Seared Ahi Tuna Salad with Key Lime-Dijon Vinaigrette by Gourmet Everyday
- Shrimp & Orange Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chopped Greek Salad by Soulfully Made
- Farmers Market Quinoa Salad by And She Cooks
- Iron Chef Morimoto Inspired Salad by NinjaBaker.com
- Kale Guacamole Salad by Pies and Plots
- Kale Superfoods Salad by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Loaded Chopped Salad by Simple and Savory
- Muffuletta Pasta Salad by Cosmopolitan Cornbread