Move over boring buttered popcorn! This homemade seasoned popcorn is flavored with truffle oil and parmesan for a gourmet popcorn recipe that will elevate your movie snack ideas to the next level. You are going to love this parmesan popcorn.
It's almost the weekend so it's movie watching time. Since I am in "bathing suit season" mode, I want healthy and light snacks. Popcorn is a great choice since it's low in calories and has lots of fiber. As long as it's not dripping with butter, you can get away with eating several cups.
Ingredients in this Homemade Seasoned Popcorn
Plain popcorn is boring. So I added some white truffle oil along with some Parmesan and Romano cheese to my popped pop corn. I bought this gorgeous bottle of white truffle oil and now I am on a white truffle kick.
Truffle oil is very expensive as a little bottle cost me $15. But it goes a very long way. Only a few drops on a salad, popcorn, pasta or pizza and you really get the aroma and earthy taste of truffles. Normally I grate my own cheese, but this time I used the grated kind as it was all that I had. And it needs just a touch of salt to bring out all the delicious flavors.
This parmesan popcorn is so good you'll want to sneak it into a big gym bag the next time you go to the movies. I am not even going to give you an amount to put on since I don't know how cheesy you like your popcorn. This is movie snack ideas to the max!
How to Make this Gourmet Popcorn Recipe
- Make a batch of popcorn in an air popcorn maker, on the stove or use microwave popcorn. My favorite way is to make instant pot popcorn.
- Sprinkle plain hot popcorn with Parmesan and/or Romano cheese. You can use one or both.
- Slowly drizzle a few drops of the truffle oil on your parmesan popcorn. Salt it to your liking and mix well.
Move Movie Snack Ideas
- Sweet Sriracha Almonds
- Sweet and Salty Snack Mix
- Cocoa Dusted Almonds with Cinnamon and Honey
- Mini Pumpkin Donut Muffins with Cinnamon Sugar
- Churro Crackers from Foxes Love Lemons
- Steamed Edamame with Everything Bagel Seasoning
Now treat yourself to a big bowl of homemade seasoned popcorn. This goes really well with a homemade lemonade or a glass of wine too. Believe me when I say, it is addicting!
If you like this gourmet popcorn recipe, please leave a 5-star rating.
Homemade Seasoned Popcorn with Truffle Oil and Parmesan
- 8 cups of popped popcorn
- 2 to 4 teaspoons truffle oil
- ¼ to ½ cup Parmesan cheese or Romano blend works too
- salt to taste
- Put popped corn in a large bowl.
- Drizzle oil on it when it's hot. Mix well.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and salt to taste. Enjoy!
First Published April 2011 ; Updated June 2021
Thanks for stopping by! Subscribe to Jersey Girl Cooks if you would like more recipes and cooking tips sent to your email. You can also order my Super Easy Cookbook for Beginners and follow me on social media - Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.