These Hummus Veggie Wraps are loaded with fresh veggies and flavorful hummus. My healthy lunch wrap is easy to make and perfect for an easy lunch or quick meal. These vegetarian wraps are also my easy dinner on a hot day when I do not feel like cooking.
When the weather gets warmer, I get a craving for healthy food. I love good salads or vegetarian wraps that are loaded with fresh veggies and healthy ingredients for lunch.
Summer is a great time to take advantage of available fresh veggies, so I decided to make a quick wrap that included roasted peppers that I made the other day. This was a perfect way to use them.
Since there always seems to be hummus and whole wheat tortillas in our fridge - I began with those as the base for these vegetarian wraps. I added some veggies, a little feta cheese, and I had a wrap that included the four food groups!
I used roasted red peppers and arugula for the veggies, but cucumbers, sun-dried tomatoes, roasted eggplant, or mushrooms are also great choices. The nice thing is you can add any veggies you like, and this healthy lunch wrap becomes the perfect lunch.
What Ingredients are needed for a Healthy Lunch Wrap?
- Tortillas or lavash bread - I prefer a whole wheat tortilla for added nutrition. My recipe uses 6-inch wraps, but you can use any size you'd like. Just be sure to use the right amount of filling if they are bigger or smaller. Last week I ran out of flour tortillas so I use pita bread instead.
- Hummus - make your own homemade hummus or buy any type you like. My grocery stores carry some good flavors like roasted red pepper and black olive hummus.
- Veggies - Roasted bell peppers, avocado slices, leafy greens like baby spinach, romaine lettuce or arugula, tomatoes, shredded lettuce or carrots, chopped cucumbers, red onions, olives, and artichokes are all great choices. I like to mix and match, so this healthy lunch wrap never gets old. You could also use homemade roasted vegetables, marinated mushrooms, or pickles.
- Crumbled Feta Cheese - This is my favorite cheese to put in my veggie wrap but substitute your favorite cheese or leave it out to make this wrap vegan.
See recipe card for full hummus veggie wrap recipe and more detailed ingredient information.
Tips For Making Your Hummus Veggie Wrap
- Warm your tortilla for about 20 seconds in the microwave. The slight heat will make the wrap pliable and easier to roll on a flat surface. HERE is more ways to warm tortillas.
- Place the creamy hummus on the tortilla first, then top with veggies. Fold the edges in and roll tightly. Wrap in foil so that the veggie wrap holds its shape.
- Don't overfill your tortilla or lavash bread. You want enough filling but not too much where you can neatly roll your wrap. You really only need a few tablespoons of hummus for each of these veggie hummus wraps.
- If you are making this wrap to bring to work, prep the veggies the night before and store in an airtight container oin your fridge, then assemble the wrap in the morning and wrap in aluminum foil or plastic wrap. It's a perfect healthy quick lunch to pack!
More Healthy Lunch Ideas
- Greek Quinoa Salad
- Turkey Wrap
- Heirloom Tomato and Chickpea Salad
- Southwest Steak Wrap from The Suburban Soapbox
- Chicken and Hummus Plate Lunch from Project Meal Plan
No matter what you put inside them, vegetarian wraps are a great choice for a simple and healthy lunch.
If you like this Hummus Veggie Wrap, please leave a 5-star rating.
Hummus Veggie Wrap
- 2 TBS hummus
- 1 whole wheat or flour tortilla 6 to 8 inches
- ½ cup of your favorite chopped veggies
- 2 TBS crumbled feta cheese
- Spread the hummus on the tortilla.
- Add the veggies and sprinkle with cheese.
- Roll up, making sure to tuck the sides in and cut in half.
First Published February 2011 ; Updated July 2021
Thanks for stopping by! Subscribe to Jersey Girl Cooks if you would like more recipes and cooking tips sent to your email. You can also order my Super Easy Cookbook for Beginners and follow me on social media - Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.