This Hummus Veggie Wrap is loaded with fresh veggies and flavorful hummus. My healthy lunch wrap is easy to make and perfect for a quick meal. These vegetarian wraps are also my easy dinner on a hot day when I do not feel like cooking.
When the weather gets warmer, I get a craving for healthy food. I love good salads or vegetarian wraps that are loaded with fresh veggies for lunch.
Summer is a great time to take advantage of available fresh veggies, so I decided to make a quick wrap that included roasted peppers that I made the other day. This was a perfect way to use them.
Since there always seems to be hummus and whole wheat tortillas in our fridge - I began with those as the base for these vegetarian wraps. I added some veggies, a little feta cheese, and I had a wrap that included the four food groups!
I used roasted red peppers and arugula for the veggies, but cucumbers, tomatoes, roasted eggplant, or mushrooms are also great choices. The nice thing is you can add any veggies you like, and this healthy lunch wrap becomes the perfect lunch.
What Ingredients are needed for a Healthy Lunch Wrap?
- Tortillas or lavash bread - I prefer whole wheat wraps for added nutrition. My recipe uses 6-inch wraps, but you can use any size you'd like. Just be sure to use the right amount of filling if they are bigger or smaller.
- Hummus - make your own or buy any type you like. My grocery store carries some good flavors like roasted red pepper and black olive hummus.
- Veggies - Roasted peppers, avocado slices, baby spinach, arugula, tomatoes, shredded lettuce or carrots, chopped cucumbers, olives, and artichokes are all great choices. I like to mix and match, so this healthy lunch wrap never gets old. You could also use homemade roasted vegetables, marinated mushrooms, or pickles.
- Crumbled Feta Cheese - This is my favorite cheese to put in my veggie wrap but substitute your favorite cheese or leave it out to make this wrap vegan.
Tips For Making Your Hummus Veggie Wrap
- Warm your tortilla for about 10 seconds in the microwave. The slight heat will make the wrap pliable and easier to roll.
- Place the hummus on the tortilla first, then top with veggies. Fold the edges in and roll tightly. Wrap in foil so that the veggie wrap holds its shape.
- Don't overfill your tortilla or lavash bread. You want enough filling but not too much where you can neatly roll your wrap.
- If you are making this wrap to bring to work, prep the veggies the night before, then roll the wrap in the morning. It's a perfect healthy lunch to pack!
More Healthy Lunch Ideas
- Greek Quinoa Salad
- Turkey Wrap
- Heirloom Tomato and Chickpea Salad
- Southwest Steak Wrap from The Suburban Soapbox
- Chicken and Hummus Plate Lunch from Project Meal Plan
No matter what you put inside them, vegetarian wraps are a great choice for a simple and healthy lunch.
If you like this Hummus Veggie Wrap, please leave a 5-star rating.
Hummus Veggie Wrap
- 2 TBS hummus
- 1 whole wheat or flour tortilla 6 to 8 inches
- ½ cup of your favorite chopped veggies
- 2 TBS crumbled feta cheese
- Spread the hummus on the tortilla.
- Add the veggies and sprinkle with cheese.
- Roll up, making sure to tuck the sides in and cut in half.
First Published February 2011 ; Updated July 2021