I created these Mini Pumpkin Donut Muffins with Cinnamon Sugar five years ago and the recipe is still going strong in my house. I just updated the post but still think all the below are ridiculous especially how good these mini muffins are. Try baking some today today!
I think lots of things are ridiculous. My husband thinks it is an overused word in my vocabulary. But I still continue to say it.
It's ridiculous that my kids have to start school a half hour early this year when studies show teenagers don't get near enough sleep. Really ridiculous that my daughter will be waiting for the bus in the early morning darkness.
It's so ridiculous that dogs in cars are required to wear seat belts in NJ.
It is really ridiculous when you have to sit at a light staring at the butt crack of the motorcyclist in front of you. Come on man, don't wear your pants so low.
And how about how ridiculous it was watching my 11 year old son play a baseball game in sleet. It was so ridiculously cold out that they needed a space heater in the dugout.
All these things are pretty ridiculous, right? But so are these Mini Pumpkin Donut Muffins. So ridiculously good that I ate seven in one sitting. Now that's ridiculous.
Mini Pumpkin Donut Muffins are wholesome
These muffins taste just like donuts you would get from my local farm bakery. Springdale Farms is near my house and they have the best cider donuts.
The donuts that I make are baked and not fried. But I wouldn't describe them as healthy either. They are rolled in butter and cinnamon sugar. But there is no frying them in a pot of oil that eventually needs to be cleaned up. They are popped in the oven and baked for about 10 to 12 minutes. Now that makes me happy.
Get the recipe for Mini Pumpkin Donut Muffins with Cinnamon Sugar!
Mini Pumpkin Donut Muffins
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ canola oil
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling
- ½ cup buttermilk
- For the topping:
- ¼ cup unsalted butter melted
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- In a medium size bowl, mix together flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon.
- In another medium size bowl, beat together oil, sugar, egg, vanilla, pumpkin and buttermilk. Mix well.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to blend well. Do not over mix.
- Fill cavities of a greased mini muffin pan about half full. Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 10 to 12 or until muffins are golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove and cool on wire rack.
- Meanwhile, mix together sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. In a separate bowl, melt butter in the microwave.
- Dip each muffin top into the melted butter then into the cinnamon sugar mix. Repeat until all muffins are dipped.
- Makes 30 to 36 muffins.