Steamed Edamame are seasoned with Everything Bagel Seasoning for a delicious and healthy snack or appetizer. This edamame recipe takes only 10 minutes to make!
I am a salty snack person. While I could always eat a whole bag of potato chips myself, I know that probably wouldn't serve me well. So instead I eat a whole bowl of these Everything Bagel seasoned edamame.
You might have seen these little healthy pods at a Japanese restaurant. They are always on the appetizer menu. I do love these soybeans in their shell but typically don't order them out because I like to have someone else cook me a more complicated dish. This is a healthy snack that is perfect to make at home.
Buying Frozen Edamame
I buy edamame frozen in a bag. You can buy either uncooked or already steamed. If you buy the pre steamed bags, they only need to be defrosted which can be done in a colendar under running hot water.
Edamame beans come in little pods and each shell contains a few beans. They are fun to shell and eat and I think it's almost like eating peanuts where you can relax, talk and have a delcious appetizer or snack.
How to Make Seasoned Edamame
This steamed edamame recipe includes only 3 ingredients. How great is that? All you need is frozen edamame, a bit of olive oil to drizzle and some Everything Bagel Seasoning.
First, add a small amount of water (about 2 inches) to a medium sized sauce pan. Bring the water to a boil then add the edamame. Cook for about 5 minutes until the edamame are tender. Drain well. (If you are using pre steamed edamame, just follow the defrost instructions on the package.)
Toss the edamame with olive oil then sprinkle with the Everything Bagel seasoning.
So easy, right? Go enjoy shelling some of these seasoned edamame.
Other Ways to Season Edamame
While I love Everything Bagel Seasoning, there are other ways to season these healthy pods. Here are some ideas:
- Toss in chili oil, garlic powder and soy sauce for spicy edamame
- Sprinkle with kosher Salt and Rice vinegar for a salty but zesty edamame.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese and black pepper for a savory edaame snack.
- For a smoky flavored edamame try some smoked salt and chili powder.
More Healthy Snack Recipes
- Chili Spiced Kale Chips
- Crispy Oven Fried Zucchini Coins
- Homemade Granola Bars via Love and Lemons
- Crispy Air Fryer Chick Peas via Dizzy Busy and Hungry
If you like this healthy edamame recipe, please give it a 5-star rating below.
Steamed Edamame with Everything Bagel Seasoning
- sauce pan
- 16 ounces frozen edamame (in pods)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons everything bagel season
- Add a small amount of water (about 2 inches) to a medium sized sauce pan. Bring the water to a boil then add the edamame. Cook for about 5 minutes until the edamame are tender. Drain well. (If you are using pre steamed edamame, just follow the defrost instructions on the package.)
- Toss edamame pods in a bowl with olive oil and seasoning. Enjoy!