Buffalo Chicken Flatbread with Bacon is a recipe you will make again and again. Trust me as your friends and family will love this easy-to-make Buffalo Chicken Pizza!
I had you at bacon, didn't I?
Yes, buffalo chicken flatbread is good. It's basically Buffalo chicken pizza made on a store-bought flatbread crust and adding bacon makes it's great. You might cry happy tears of joy when you eat it.
If you like Buffalo chicken wings, you'll love this flatbread.
In my house, no one watches calories on gamedays so we pile on the bacon, cheese and ranch dressing. This Buffalo chicken pizza is so easy to make because you are really just assembling ingredients and popping it in the oven for a few minutes.
Why I LOVE this Buffalo Chicken Flatbread Recipe
While I do love making homemade pizza dough and dressing, on Superbowl Sunday or some other big game day, I do not want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen making everything homemade. Besides, I need to spend time in the gym that morning and prepare for the large number of calories I will consume.
Instead, I buy premade crust, use bottled ranch dressing and use precooked bacon and chicken bought right at the grocery store. Rotisserie chicken works well in this recipe but I always seem to have leftovers when I make oven baked bone in chicken breasts so I will also use my own cooked chicken.
I love watching the game or spending time with friends and family having a cocktail, not tossing pizza dough or cooking bacon while I am entertaining.
If you'd rather make everything homemade, then go to it. I won't judge you if you don't judge me.
Is Buffalo Chicken Flatbread with Bacon Like a Pizza?
Buffalo Chicken Flatbread is pretty much a Buffalo Chicken pizza. Since I'm using a flatbread crust I called it a flatbread but could use a pizza crust and call it a pizza. Just chose whatever is easiest for you and whatever you like the most.
I can't wait to eat!
Ingredients Needed for this Chicken Flatbread Recipe
Remember that what makes this a flatbread versus a Buffalo Chicken Pizza is our choice of crust. We've included our list of ingredients along with some suggested substitutions so you can make this chicken flatbread recipe your own.
- Shredded Cooked Chicken - Use store bought rotisserie chicken for an easy shortcut or leftover chicken. You can also freeze shredded chicken and keep it on hand for recipes like this.
- Cayenne Hot Sauce - Add a little or a lot depending on how hot you like it.
- Ranch Dressing - Blue cheese dressing would also be a good substitution.
- Premade Flatbread - Purchase premade pizza crust or even Naan bread or make homemade crust if you feeling ambitious.
- White Cheddar Cheese - We use white cheddar for the consistency in color but yellow cheddar would be delicious too.
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese - Traditional pizza cheese! Yum!
- Bacon - We buy the precooked bacon for this but you could fry a few extra slices at breakfast and set them aside.
- Blue Cheese - Crumbled is the easiest but you can buy a block and crumble it yourself. Of course, if blue cheese isn't your jam you can leave it off.
- Dried Parsley - Or use fresh if you have it available. Basil and oregano would also be tasty alternatives.
More Easy Game Day Recipes
- Three Cheese Pepperoni Bread (Made with Refrigerated Pizza Dough)
- Mini Beef Taco Bowls
- Black Pepper Parmesan Crisps (Frico)
- Sweet Sriracha Almonds
- Greek Shrimp Skewers
If you like this Buffalo Chicken Flatbread Pizza appetizer recipe, please give it a 5-star rating below.
Buffalo Chicken Flatbread with BACON
- 2 ½ cups shredded cooked chicken
- ½ cup cayenne hot sauce
- ¾ cup ranch dressing
- 1 package 15 ounces premade flatbread or pizza crust (2)
- 1 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 slices cooked bacon crumbled
- ⅓ cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 Tablespoons dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium size bowl, mix together chicken, hot sauce and ranch dressing. Evenly spread on the flatbread crusts. (You can add more or less hot sauce depending how spicy you like it)
- Sprinkle the cheddar and mozzarella cheeses on top of the chicken mixture. Top with the bacon.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and bacon is crispy.
- Sprinkle with blue cheese and parsley before serving.
First Published January 2018 ; Last Updated April 2021
Subscribe to Jersey Girl Cooks if you would like more recipes like this one. You can also order my Super Easy Cookbook for Beginners and follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
Your pizza sounds SO delicious!!! Love those toppings and it's perfect for half time!!
Your flat bread look delicious! I love the addition both chicken and bacon!
My husband would be all about this pizza! Yum with the bacon!
Oh wow this looks so good! Definitely need to try this recipe.
Krissy | https://www.thoughtfullyunraveled.com
Finally I have something I cannot wait to make for the game!!
Paula @ I'm Busy Being Awesome
Oh my gosh, this looks incredible! So perfect for game day - especially since I don't have to make the crust 🙂
This looks delicious!! I’m going to have to try and make this.
Being vegan, the flatbread isn't appealing, but I see some other recipes in the round up that I would enjoy!
Liren | Kitchen Confidante
Bookmarking this for game day - this would disappear super fast!
I seriously need to give it a try! Looks delish!
So much to love about this! It's sure to be a crowd-pleaser!
Sim @ Sim's Life
This looks amazing and it is such a convenient recipe - perfect comfort food for the colder weather! Sim x
We loved it ! Flatbreads are perfect size for the 2 of us . Just enough left over for snack later on
Glad you enjoyed!