Mini Taco Bowl Bites are the perfect size appetizers to serve at a party or just a great snack. They are cute plus very easy to make.
This week on Sunday Supper, the tastemakers are featuring easy Cinco de Mayo recipes. I am always excited to make any type of Mexican food. But to me, Cinco de Mayo should be a party so I decided to go with these little taco bowl bites. They are perfect to serve at any party but especially Cinco de Mayo.
What ingredients are used for Mini Taco Bowl Bites?
For the shells, I used dipper type tortilla chips. They are filled with taco meat and the toppings of your choice. I like to use lean ground beef however ground chicken and turkey can also be used. The ground meat cooks up in no time. Taco sauce is added to give the Mexican flavor. I like to double the recipe and have an extra batch frozen in my freezer. You can use the ground meat for taco salads, enchiladas and burrito fillings too.
These taco bowls really are the perfect bite. They are small enough to fit the whole bowl in your mouth so you get a taste of everything. If you wanted to change things up, you could use ground chicken or go vegetarian with black beans and guacamole.
My family's favorite toppings are shredded cheese, avocados, homemade salsa and sour cream. I like to sprinkle everything with cilantro to make things taste extra fresh.
Thank you to Shelby from Grumpy's Honeybunch for hosting this weeks event! Now take a look at all the other Easy Cinco de Mayo recipes below. I hope everyone is celebrating with good food and drinks on the fifth of May!
Mini Taco Bowl Bites
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- 16 ounces lean ground beef, or another ground meat
- 1 cup taco sauce used Frontera taco skillet sauce
- 1 bag dipper tortilla chips you will only use about ½ the bag
- toppings such as shredded cheddar cheese sour cream, chopped avocados, salsa , cilantro, etc
- Heat oil in a medium sized frying pan on medium high heat. Add ground meat and cook while stirring for about 10 minutes or until meat is browned and no longer pink.
- Add sauce to skillet and turn heat to low. Simmer for 5 more minutes until pan is bubbling.
- Fill the dippers with a small amount of ground meat then top with assorted toppings.
Sunday Supper Easy Cinco de Mayo Recipes
- Cheese Enchiladas with Red Sauce by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Chicken Tinga Chalupas by Palatable Pastime
- Chicken Tortilla Soup by Soulfully Made
- Chipotle Chicken and Black Bean Soup by Cooking Chat
- Mexican Chicken and Black Bean Casserole by Simple and Savory
- Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas with Mexican Slaw by A Mind Full Mom
- Southwestern Chicken Layered Salad with Cilantro Dressing by My Savory Spoon
Sides and Sauces
- Blueberry-Chocolate Jicamuffins by What Smells So Good?
- Carlota de Limón – Lime Charlotte by Sunday Supper Movement
- Flourless Mexican Hot Chocolate Cake by Baking Sense
- Margarita Cupcakes by Gourmet Everyday
- Oreo Taco Cookies by Ninja Baker
- Sopapilla-Inspired Cheesecake Bars by Books n’ Cooks
- Strawberry Gluten-Free Hand Pies by And She Cooks
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.