Greek Shrimp Skewers are made with common Greek ingredients and a flavorful olive oil dressing. This light appetizer shrimp recipe is perfect for a party! These small bites taste as good as they look!
I'm really not a fancy type of girl, however I love good finger food. And if you can eat pretty food, why not? Fancy food does not have to be complicated and that is why I'm making this Greek shrimp skewers recipe.
Easy To Make Appetizer Recipe!
I always keep frozen shrimp in my freezer and I love Greek flavors. I like to keep a bag of bamboo skewers on hand also as kabobs or skewers are a fun appetizer to create. I often make Strawberry Basil Feta Skewers, Charcuterie Shewers and Pesto Tortellini Skewers. The rest of the ingredients are readily available in any supermarket. My guests are always impressed even though they couldn't be any simpler to make. If you have kids, you can get them to help make this appetizer because it's easy and two hands are better than one.
Ingredients Needed for Greek Shrimp Skewers
- Shrimp - Already cooked is perfect for this recipe. Make sure they are already peeled and deveined, but the tails can be left on. Frozen cooked shrimp are very convenient to use as they can be defrosted in minutes under cold running water.
- Feta Cheese - Feel free to substitute another cheese like mozzarella if feta is not your thing.
- Cucumbers - I prefer seedless or pickling cucumbers as they are the perfect size for these skewers.
- Grape or Cherry Tomatoes - Either work to fit the size of these shrimp skewers.
- Olive oil - I always keep a good quality of extra virgin olive oil for this shrimp appetizer.
- Fresh lemon juice - For a little tip, microwave your lemon for 20 seconds in the microwave, roll, cut then squeeze for maximum juice.
- Spices - I use dried oregano and parsley; however, fresh is great, and you could garnish the plate with fresh herbs if you like.
- Salt and pepper
Picking Fresh Shrimp
Shrimp can be expensive, so choosing good shrimp is important so you don't waste your money. It is easy to get frozen shrimp and I always keep a few bags in my freezer. Most commercial shrimp vessels are equipped to flash freeze shrimp on board, so you know you are getting the freshest shrimp.
If you would rather try fresh shrimp, make sure the shrimp don't smell like ammonia or have slimy shells. They should be firm with solid tails. A good fishmonger at the market or grocery store will be more than happy to let you take a closer look.
For a recipe like this one, aiming for medium to large-sized shrimp is the best option. If you purchase frozen, it's easy to thaw and cook them right out of the bag for shrimp appetizer recipes!
More Shrimp Appetizer Recipes
- Spicy Bloody Mary Shrimp
- Ten Minute Sweet and Spicy Shrimp
- Old Bay Shrimp
- Spicy Shrimp Tacos from Chisel and Fork
These Greek shrimp are one of my favorite holiday shrimp appetizers for parties. I also make them quite often on game day or for summer gatherings. They can be assembled ahead of time and kept chilled until ready to serve. Feel free to add or subtract and ingredients.
If you like this Greek Shrimp Appetizer Skewers recipe, please leave a 5-star rating.
Greek Shrimp Appetizer Skewers
- 12 grape tomatoes
- 6 ounces of feta cut into 12 chunks
- 1 Persian cucumber sliced into 12, ends cut off
- 12 cooked shrimp peeled and deveined
- 12 pitted Greek olives
- 1 ½ tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Take 12 skewers (I like the medium size bamboo ones) and thread a tomato, piece of feta, cucumber slice, shrimp and olive on each skewer.
- In a small bowl, whish together lemon juice, oregano and olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the skewers on a platter with the dressing drizzled over them or on the side. Sprinkle with parsley before serving.
Thanks for stopping by! Subscribe to Jersey Girl Cooks if you would like more recipes and cooking tips sent to your email. You can also order my Super Easy Cookbook for Beginners and follow me on social media - Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
These are perfect and normally all the ingredients are in my pantry and fridge. Thanks for sharing.
I love this healthy, beautiful appetizer! Your skewers look delicious, too!
I always keep frozen shrimp on hand too. They have saved so many dinners. All the colors in this are so pretty!
I love the Greek flare!
Look at those succulent shrimp, these skewers look so fresh and tasty!
Nick @ GreekBoston.com
They would make a great app to bring to a party. They look fancy but really don't seem that hard to make! And they're obviously a treat for Greek food lovers.
Renee - Kudos Kitchen
I think this is a brilliant idea! Fresh, fast, and flavorful!! Nicely done.
The Freshman Cook
I love these flavors, and they are so colorful! Tasty and pretty!
These are so presentable, such a brilliant idea!
Looks amazing, perfect appetizer idea!
Liren | Kitchen Confidante
Party perfect, and so fresh, too! Love!
This will be a huge hit for holiday parties!