Greek Shrimp Skewers are a light appetizer perfect for a party! These small bites taste as good as they look!
Who is planning on watching some award shows this spring? And who loves shrimp?
Starting with the Oscars next week, there will be plenty on TV. My personal favorite is the Country Music Awards but don't tell my teenagers as that is not the type of music they listen to.
Since it's award show season, the Sunday Supper tastemakers have decided to go all out to give you some ideas on what you can make for your party. And if you are not planning to have a party, why not make a few of these recipes for your dinner and have a family TV night?
I'm really not a fancy type of girl, however I love good finger food. And if you can eat pretty food, why not? Fancy food does not have to be complicated and that is why I'm making this Greek shrimp skewers recipe.I always keep frozen shrimp in my freezer and I love Greek flavors. I like to keep a bag of bamboo skewers on hand also as kabobs or skewers are a fun appetizer to create as I often make Strawberry Basil Feta Skewers and Pesto Tortellini Skewers. The rest of the ingredients are readily available in any supermarket. My guests are always impressed even though they couldn't be any simpler to make. If you have kids, you can get them to help make this appetizer because it's easy and two hands are better than one.
Take a look at the rest of the wonderful finger foods. And if you are not into award shows, find another reason to make some of these recipes!
Greek Shrimp Skewers
- 12 grape tomatoes
- 6 ounces of feta cut into 12 chunks
- 1 Persian cucumber sliced into 12, ends cut off
- 12 cooked shrimp peeled and deveined
- 12 pitted Greek olives
- 1 ½ tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Take 12 skewers (I like the medium size bamboo ones) and thread a tomato, piece of feta, cucumber slice, shrimp and olive on each skewer.
- In a small bowl, whish together lemon juice, oregano and olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the skewers on a platter with the dressing drizzled over them or on the side. Sprinkle with parsley before serving.
Fancy Finger Foods for Awards Show Parties
Best Meat Finger Food
- Blini with Smoked Salmon (or Gravlax) by Caroline’s Cooking
- Crab Stuffed Pastry Cups by Our Good Life
- Jerk Shrimp & Avocado Bites by Books n’ Cooks
- Mini Fried Chicken and Waffles by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Tempura Chicken Nuggets by A Day in the Life on the Farm
Visual Effects in a Veggie Finger Food
- Butternut Squash Squares by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Mushroom Chevre Crostini by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus with Boursin by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Stuffed Cheese Puffs by The Freshman Cook
- Vegetarian Stuffed Mushroom Recipe by Sunday Supper Movement
Supporting Role Sweet Finger Food
The Sunday Supper Movement is committed to bringing our readers delicious recipes that encourage them to gather and eat together around the family table. Search for your favorite ingredients on our Sunday Supper website. Also check out the Sunday Supper Pinterest boards for plenty more ideas and inspiration.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.