This Three Cheese Pepperoni Bread recipe is easy to make as you put it together with pizza or bread dough. I love serving this as an appetizer on holidays, game days and for New Years Eve. It's a perfect party food but also a great lunch or snack.
What is Pepperoni Bread?
Pepperoni Bread is pizza or bread dough rolled and stuffed with pepperoni and cheese. This long roll gets brushed with olive oil and Italian seasoning. It is baked in the oven on a large baking pan until it is golden brown.
There is nothing like having a slice of pepperoni bread as the outside is crusty and the inside is doughy, cheesy and filled with savory slices of pepperoni. I like to serve my bread cut in slices and with a side of marinara sauce for dipping.
Pepperoni bread can be served at room temperature which makes it great to serve at a party. I usually put out a plate while it's warm from the oven but it can sit out for an hour or two with no worries.
Store bought pizza or bread dough can be used in this recipe and it is really great to make things easy. But if you like making homemade dough from scratch then of course you can use that. This is one of my family's favorite appetizers and I love how easy it is to make.
Can you freeze Pepperoni Bread?
Yes, you can absolutely freeze it! Just make sure it is wrapped tightly. I wrap it in aluminum foil then put it in a freezer bag.
I usually make two breads at a time and one goes in the freezer for later. To reheat the bread, just defrost it overnight in the refrigerator then heat it in the oven for about 15 minutes at 350 degrees. If you keep it wrapped in foil in the oven, the inside should stay nice and soft.
Leftover pepperoni bread can also be stored in your refrigerator for 3 or 4 days and I often reheat slices of it t for about 30 seconds in the microwave.
- Let your pizza or bread dough sit out on the counter for 60 minutes. This will make more pliable and easy to work with.
- Line your baking pan with parchment paper for easy clean up.
- Make sure to prick some holes with a fork in the pepperoni loaf before it goes in the oven. This will insure that steam will escape. If a little cheese oozes out, don't worry. This happens often and all will be fine once the bread cools down.
- Make sure to cool down bread for 10 to 15 minutes before slicing.
More Appetizer Recipes and Game Day Snacks:
If you like this recipe for Three Cheese Pepperoni Bread, please give it a 5-star rating below.
Three Cheese Pepperoni Bread
- 16 ounce ball of pizza or bread dough
- ¼ cup flour for counter
- 6 ounces sliced pepperoni
- 3 ounces sliced provolone cheese
- 3 ounces sliced mozarella cheese
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured counter, roll dough into an approximately 12x18 inch rectangle.
- Layer with pepperoni to within a half inch of the edges. Top with provolone then mozzarella cheese. sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Beginning with the longest edge, roll dough into a thin cylinder and seal seam. Brush with the olive oil and sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Place on the lined baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven 30 to 40 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool then cut into slices before serving.
First Published December 2017; Updated December 2020