Peppermint Brownies stuffed with Oreos are a perfect dessert! I make this Christmas brownies recipe every year as they are super festive and great for the holidays.
Baking is not my favorite thing to do and I prefer to cook dinners like Prime Rib Roasts, Turkey Orzo Soup and Sausage and Pepper Pasta. Well, except around Christmas time. I love making various treats to give to friends and family. Bringing over a plate of Christmas brownies is a great way to make friends with the neighbors.
What Ingredients are required for Christmas Brownies?
- Boxed Brownie Mix - use your favorite
- Canola Oil - Any type of vegetable oil will work.
- Eggs - large size work best.
- Peppermint Sandwich Cookies - Mint Oreos or Trader Joe's Candy Cane Joe Joes are my favorite
- Festive Sprinkles or crushed candy canes
How to Make Peppermint Brownies
These oreo stuffed brownies are super easy to make! It is ONLY 4 easy steps.
- Preheat oven and line a baking pan with foil or parchment paper.
- Mix together the brownie mix, eggs and oil.
- Put together the brownies by adding half the batter to the prepared pan. Top with sandwich cookies then the remaining batter. Add some sprinkles or crushed candy canes to the top.
- Bake, cool, slice and serve!
Brownie Baking Tips and Variations:
- Lining your pan makes all the difference. I use either foil or parchment paper and leave an overlap so that I can use it as a handle to easily lift the brownies out of the pan.
- Let your eggs sit to room temperature before using them. The batter will be less cold that way.
- Follow baking time guidelines but check 5 minutes before they are supposed to come out of the oven. I prefer my brownies a bit chewy and they can always go back in the oven for a few minutes if necessary.
- Do not cut them too soon. Make sure they are fully cooled before cutting. You can always pop them in the fridge for 20 minutes or so to speed things up.
- Any type of sandwich cookie or oreo can be used in this brownie recipe. If you are not a mint fan, you can use regular oreo cookies and top them with whatever sprinkles are your favorite.
More Holiday Brownies and Cookies to Bake!
NUT- FREE CINNAMON SNOWBALL COOKIES
CHRISTMAS TREE BROWNIES via Swirls of Flavor
SOFT SUGAR COOKIES WITH SPRINKLES
CRANBERRY PISTACHIO SHORTBREAD COOKIES
SANTA FACE SUGAR COOKIES via Tara Teaspoon
EASY RUDOLF BROWNIES via Your Cup of Cake
If you like my Christmas Brownies recipe, please give it a 5-star rating below.
Peppermint Sandwich Cookie Brownies
- 1 box of your favorite brownie mix
- ½ cup canola oil
- 2 eggs beaten
- ¼ cup water
- 16 mint oreo cookies or another brand sandwich cookies
- 3 TBS sprinkles or crushed candy canes
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix brownie mix, oil, eggs and water in a large bowl.
- Grease an 8 X 8 pan or line with parchment paper. Pour in half of the batter and then line bottom of pan with the cookies. Pour the rest of the batter over the cookies.
- Sprinkle with sprinkles or crushed candy canes.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until a tooth pick comes clean.
- Cool then cut into 16 squares.
Thanks for stopping by! If you’d like to follow me on social media, you can find me on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, or Twitter.
Those brownies look fantastic! Perfect flavor for this time of year! Hope you and your family had a wonderful holiday!
Nothing better than GOOD coffee in the morning (and afternoon and evening!) and this dessert looks sooooo delicious.
Wendy (The Weekend Gourmet)
These look fabulous...I'm going to enjoy chocolate-peppermint goodies for another week or so, so have to try these! No shame in using a boxed mix...it saves time during the hectic holidays. I used slice and bake cookies this week...
Pamela @ Brooklyn Farm Girl
These look like some delicious brownies, love that peppermint taste!
My son went nuts over these, that filling is fabulous as everything I have ever made that you have on this wonderful blog thankyou and Merry Christmas!
Oh yum! What a festive dessert! Love those Oreos in the center and the candy cane sprinkles on top.
I am loving all things peppermint lately! Cookies and brownies are my weakness and I love that you combined them here!
How much fun are these! I'm going to get the grands to help me with these.
Oh my goodness this looks so delicious and yummy! My husband and daughter are going to love this recipe! I can't wait to give this a try!