Crispy Oven Fried Zucchini Chips are made with Panko bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese and baked in the oven. So crispy and delicious without the extra added calories.
Zucchini Makes the Perfect Healthy Appetizer
Who loves appetizers and snacks?
Me, me, me! !! I could eat appetizers for dinner every night. I love getting appetizers and cocktails with friends however they are not always calorie friendly in a restaurant. So a good option is to make my own appetizers.
Zucchini has a ton of health benefits and this recipe is baked in the oven rather than fried. The crispy coating gives it crunch and great flavor so you won't miss the heavy oil that it would normally be fried in. I actually prefer it baked in the oven for a nice light appetizer.
You can serve this crispy zucchini as an appetizer or a side dish. You really can't go wrong either way. If you have picky children that won't eat many vegetables, this could be a good option to introduce them to zucchini. I serve it with my Easy 25 Minute Marinara Sauce because the coins are great for dipping.
How To make Crispy Zucchini
This zucchini recipe is easy to make. Slice it into ½ inch thick coins. It is then coated in an egg wash and dipped in a mixture of Panko bread crumbs, dried herbs and Parmesan cheese.
The zucchini is placed in a single layer on a baking sheet. I like to line my baking sheet with parchment paper there for making easy clean up. The zucchini coins get brushed with cooking spray then baked in the oven at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. They come out golden, crispy and delicious!
More Light Appetizer Recipes:
I love to entertain in the summer. The weather has been nice and we have frequently been having friends over to social distance on our patio. I like to serve a few different appetizers with this Oven Fried Zucchini. Here are some other great appetizer recipes:
- PESTO TORTELLINI SKEWERS
- FETA CHEESE DIP WITH RED PEPPERS
- GREEK KOFTA KABOBS (with GROUND VEAL)
- BUFFALO CHICKEN FLATBREAD WITH BACON
- SHRIMP NACHOS
- TOMATO PESTO CAPRESE BITES
- SWEET AND SPICY SHRIMP (ONLY 10 MINUTES!)
Cocktails to go with this Zucchini Appetizer
If you are serving appetizers, let's also talk cocktails. This Lemonade Prosecco Punch is a nice summer cocktail to serve outside. I also like to make Strawberry Mojitos with fresh strawberries especially since they are in season or use the basil up in my garden for a refreshing Orange Basil Cocktail. If you are looking for something refreshing without alcohol, this Non Alcoholic Berry Spritzer should do the trick.
Cheers to sharing appetizers and cocktails with friends!
If you like this zucchini recipe, please give it a 5-star rating below.
Crispy Oven Fried Zucchini
- 2 medium size zucchini
- cooking spray
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- ⅓ cup Panko bread crumbs
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Trim the ends off of the zucchini. Slice each zucchini into ½ coins. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- Combine the Panko bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning then mix thoroughly. Dip the zucchini coins into the egg waash then the crumb mixture, making sure to coat evenly.
- Place on baking sheet. Spray the tops lightly with cooking spray. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until browned. Cook on broil for the last 2 minutes of baking if you would like it extra crispy.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with marinara sauce if desired.
First publish Jan 2019; Updated June 2020