Crispy, cheesy air fryer parmesan zucchini is flavorful and guilt-free. This low carb and healthy side dish is roasted in the air fryer and simple to prepare. It cooks quickly and is so delicious that you'll want to enjoy a double helping of vegetables.
Fresh zucchini is often underappreciated as a vegetable, but it's one of my favorites. It's light and has a simple flavor that's easily enhanced with seasonings, herbs and cheese.
Zucchini and other summer squash, like yellow squash, are readily available in the grocery store really any time of year and are completely versatile. Healthy zucchini is high in Vitamin A, aids digestion, is packed with antioxidants and is low in carbs. This air fryer zucchini is a great recipe for almost any diet, and it's loved by adults and kids alike.
I love roasting zucchini in the air fryer as it brings out the flavor of the squash and Parmesan cheese. It also cooks quicker than an oven would and there is very little clean up.
- Zucchini – Use 2 -3 medium to large zucchini. You can also substitute yellow squash.
- Olive Oil – Use any light, neutral-flavored oil.
- Salt, pepper and garlic powder add lots of flavor, and you can swap your favorite herbs and spices.
- Parmesan Cheese – Freshly grated parmesan cheese has superior flavor.
See the recipe card for a complete list of ingredients and their quantities.
- Toss sliced zucchini with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder and parmesan cheese until well coated.
2. Spray the air fryer basket with oil and place the zucchini slices in a single layer.
3. Air fry zucchini for 10 minutes at 400 degrees F.
4. When the zucchini is tender and the parmesan cheese is golden brown, remove to a plate and cool slightly before serving.
Hint: Do not overcrowd the air fryer basket. Cook the parmesan zucchini in batches if needed.
Tasty as written, this recipe is also easily customized. The following suggestions are a great start, but the sky is the limit.
- Spicy - Add cayenne pepper, red pepper or a splash of sriracha to the seasoning blend.
- Swap the seasonings - Use your favorite herbs and spices to season this healthy zucchini recipe. Try using Italian seasoning, black pepper, lemon juice, onion powder, sea salt, everything bagel seasoning, etc.
- Crunchy - Create a panko mixture to top the sliced zucchini.
- Add A Sauce - Serve these zucchini rounds with your favorite dipping sauce.
Check out these Crispy Oven Fried Zucchini Chips for another delicious way to use zucchini.
This delicious air fryer zucchini is best enjoyed right away. Leftover zucchini can be stored in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat the leftovers in a 350 degrees F air fryer for 3 to 5 minutes or until warmed through. I love to use the leftover zucchini fried in a pan with scrambled eggs.
The cook time for this air fryer zucchini recipe can vary depending on the thickness of your zucchini slices. Cut into ½-inch slices for the best results. For thinner slices, the cooking time may be shorter and for thicker slices, the cook time may be longer. Make adjustments as needed.
This easy recipe is the perfect side dish and can easily pair with a variety of main dish options. Here are a few of my favorite serving suggestions:
No air fryer? No problem. Follow prep instructions then line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Roast in a 425 degree F preheated oven for about 15 minutes or until desired doneness.
Parmesan cheese is not a vegan ingredient. To make this recipe vegan, omit the cheese or substitute with a vegan cheese.
There is no need to peel zucchini when making air fryer zucchini fries or parmesan zucchini. The skin will cook up tender and contains a lot of nutrients.
If you like this Air Fryer Roasted Zucchini, please leave a 5-star rating.
Air Fryer Parmesan Zucchini
- 16 ounces zucchini (2 -3 medium to large)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Clean and slice zucchini then put in a large bowl. Toss with olive oil.
- In a small bowl, mix together salt, pepper, garlic powder and cheese. Sprinkle on zucchini an dmix well.
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees if necessary. Spray racks with cooking spray and spread zucchini in a single layer.
- Cook for 10 minutes or until zucchini is at desired doneness.
- Cook in several batches if necessary. Cool zuchinni before serving.
Thanks for stopping by! Subscribe to Jersey Girl Cooks if you would like more recipes and cooking tips sent to your email. You can also order my Super Easy Cookbook for Beginners and follow me on social media - Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.