Tenderloin Beef Tips and Mushrooms is my “go to” recipe for my boys. It’s easy to make and satisfies all beef lovers!
I live with two big guys that love beef. My vegetarian daughter is at college so my husband and teenage son think they have free range to decide what’s for dinner every night. When I ask them what they want for dinner, it’s usually steak so I made these tenderloin beef tips for them.
Whenever I can, I love to buy Certified Angus Beef Brand. Their beef is fabulous and full of flavor.
Buying Beef Tenderloin Tips
Beef Tenderloin can really drive our grocery bill up so I am going to give you some tips today. Sorry about the pun. I just had to throw it in.
Making tenderloin tips are a great way to get a premium cut of meat without paying the premium price. Tenderloin beef tips are basically the leftovers from the tenderloin roasts. They weigh various amounts and come in different sizes because you are getting the leftovers or scraps. The prices are much better than if you were to buy the tenderloin roast or filet mignon steaks.
When I see them at my grocery store, I buy as many as I can and store them in the freezer. If there is opportunity to buy tenderloin beef tips at a discounted price, I take it!
You can get a bigger piece of meat or tenderloin steaks too and cut them up but the price is going to be higher. Still, it’s worth it to me because my family loves this meal and it’s so easy to make.
This is a gourmet meal that cooks really quick. I’m talking so quick that if you have 30 minutes to cook dinner, you might be able to nap the last ten.
What type of pan is best to cook this beef recipe in?
I love to use a cast iron pan for this recipe. I get my cast iron pan really hot and dinner is ready to roll. It’s not necessary to have a cast iron pan for this recipe but I do love cooking any type of steak in it. I own three different cast iron pans. A heavy stainless steel pan would also work.
Valentines day is next week and this would be a great meal to make at home. I don’t know about you, but I’d much rather make Tenderloin Beef Tips with Mushrooms then be at a crowded steakhouse.
Cancel the reservations, fire up your cast iron pan and have a relaxed dinner with a nice glass of wine. This beef goes great with Parmesan Truffle Hasselback Potatoes and Lemon Roasted Asparagus. Don’t forget to serve some Cannoli Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries for dessert!
Tenderloin Beef Tips and Mushrooms
- 2 Teaspoons steak seasoning I used Montreal steak seasoning
- 1 1/4 pound beef tenderloin ends cut in 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 10 ounces baby bella mushrooms cut in half
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup beer
- 1 Tablespoon salted butter
- 2 Tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- salt to taste
- Sprinkle the steak seasoning on the mushrooms and steak. Heat the cast iron pan on medium high heat.
- Add the oil to the pan and add filet pieces. Cook for two minutes until they start to brown but are not cooked all the way through. Remove from pan.
- Add mushrooms to pan and cook until wilted and juices are released, about 5 minutes. Add beer to the pan and reduce heat to medium. Cook until beer starts to reduce and mushrooms look almost cooked through. Add butter and cook until melted and sauce slightly thickens. Whisk sauce.
- Place steak back in pan and cook for about 2 more minutes or until steak is cooked through but still a little pink on the inside.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley and season with salt to taste before serving.