Dinnertime at our house can be a little hectic. It is not uncommon to be sitting down at the table at 8pm. We try not to eat that late often but it happens. I feel that it is important my family sits down to several meals a week together. It can’t happen every night but I try for several meals a week whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Lately, I don’t have a whole lot of time to cook dinner. So I have been trying to come up with good meals that can be prepared in under 30 minutes. This salmon is a winner. It is healthy, cooks quick in the oven and tastes like something that you could order at a restaurant.
I used bottled ranch dressing but we don’t have to tell anyone. This meal is elegant enough for company and if your guests ask for the recipe tell them it is a secret family recipe. Or you could give them the recipe and they might even invite you over to their house for dinner.
This is definitely my week night “go to” salmon recipe. I want to try it with another fish and vegetable. I’ll let you know how it turns out in the future.
- ¼ Cup ranch dressing
- 1 Tablespoon siracha sauce, or more to taste
- 4 Salmon filets (about 1½ pounds), skin removed
- 1½ pounds asparagus, trimmed
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ½ Teaspoon sea salt
- ½ Teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 Teaspoons dried dill
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix together ranch dressing and siracha sauce in a large deep dish. Place salmon in sauce and toss to coat well.
- Place asparagus in a roasting pan and toss with olive oil, salt and garlic powder. Lay in a single layer.
- Place salmon on top of asparagus and sprinkle with dill.
- Place pan in oven and cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until salmon is cooked and flakes with a fork.