The other night I cooked a whole box of quinoa and stuck it in the fridge. This grain- like seed is full of nutrition and the perfect food to make a quick week night dinner. I had dreams of making all kinds of healthy dishes but then forgot about my big bowl of quinoa.
After ordering pizza tonight, I remembered the quinoa in the fridge and thought I’d make this salad as a healthy side dish to balance things out. Instead of eating half a pizza myself (yes, I can do that), I had a slice (or two) and a nice bowl of this salad. It was made before the pizza was delivered.
If you need a gluten free option, this is a good one.
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes, chopped
- ¾ cup diced cucumbers
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- ½ cup crumbled Feta cheese
- ¼ cup Chopped Parsley
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- the lemon juice from one lemon
- 3 TBS Olive oil
- In a medium size bowl, mix together tomatoes, cucumbers, quinoa, Feta cheese and parsley.
- Sprinkle with garlic and onion powder.
- Add the lemon juice and olive oil. Mix together well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.