Slow cooker shredded beef and beer sliders are the perfect game day food. They are super easy to make and great for feeding a crowd but my family asks for this shredded beef recipe as a week night dinner too!
This recipe is an oldie but goodie! I have been trying to update all my recipes and posts and saw that this one was created almost 8 years ago. I have actually been making these sliders much longer than that but had finally put a written recipe together.
With football season here, I figured this was a recipe that every beef lover would want to have. Actually, this slider recipe is good for any game or party, not just for football watching.
These shredded beef sliders melt in your mouth because the beef is cooked down until it practically shreds itself. It makes a wonderful sandwich! The recipe sits in the slow cooker and there is very little work involved. It's a great recipe to prep in the morning so that you have a delicious dinner ready in the evening.
What ingredients are needed to make Slow Cooker Shredded Beef and Beer Sliders?
a beef roast - In my opinion chuck roast makes the most flavorful sandwiches but it is also a more fatty cut of meat. If you would like a leaner cut, bottom round can be used. Brisket is another great flavorful choice but it is not as lean as a bottom round roast.
beer - This shredded beef recipe started when I had a chuck roast in the slow cooker and realized I was out of broth and wine which I usually add as a liquid. I had some beer in the fridge and thought that would be a good combination. It gives great flavor to this shredded beef recipe. Use your favorite beer that you would drink while eating beef. I have used various kinds and really can't say I have a favorite. If it's good to drink, it's great to cook with!
seasonings- salt, pepper and garlic powder
BBQ sauce - Use your favorite. I like spicier sauces to give my recipes a kick. You could also make a homemade BBQ sauce and keep it in the fridge to use when needed.
Slider Rolls - I love Hawaiian or potato rolls for this recipe. The smaller ones are nice because you can eat several and I prefer them for a party. But feel free to get larger rolls and make regular sized sandwiches too.
Optional Ingredients : sliced cheese, pickles , hot peppers, horseradish sauce or anything you like on a shredded beef sandwich
In my recipe years ago, I used a Crock- Pot slow cooker. Guess what? That same pot is still going strong. I think it still has plenty of years of life in it to make more Slow Cooker Shredded Beef and Beer Sliders.
What should you serve these shredded beef sliders with?
These sandwiches can be served with a variety of side dishes. Of course you could keep it simple and serve with store bought pickles and potato chips. But if you'd like to make a side or salad, here are some I suggest:
- SWEET AND CRUNCHY BROCCOLI SLAW
- FRESH CORN AND TOMATO SALAD
- MINI PARMESAN TRUFFLE HASSELBACK POTATOES
- LEMON CARROT SALAD via The Bitter Side of Sweet
- STRAWBERRY AVOCADO SALAD with FRESH MOZZARELLA and WALNUTS
- SWEET AND SPICY REFRIGERATOR PICKLES
More Game Day Recipes
You can bet this recipe is on my game watching menu and here are some others to go along with these sliders.
- BUFFALO CHICKEN FLKATBREAD with BACON
- THREE CHEESE PEPPERONI BREAD
- CRISPY AIR FRYER CHICKEN WINGS
- TOMATO PESTO CAPRESE SKEWER BITES
In fact, they are all perfect recipes during the holidays and great party food for New Year's Eve. Of course they are even better served with a nice cold beer! Enjoy!
If you like this recipe for Slow Cooker Beef and Beer Sliders, please give it 5 stars below.
Slow Cooker Beef and Beer Sliders
- 3 lb beef roast chuck, bottom round or brisket works
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 12 ounces beer
- ½ cup BBQ sauce
- 12 to 16 mini slider rolls or potato rolls
- optional: serve with extra BBQ sauce cheese, pickles, hot peppers or crispy onions
- Season the roast with the salt, pepper and garlic powder. Place the roast in the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, mix together the beer and BBQ sauce. Pour over the roast.
- Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
- Using two forks, shred the beef.
- Serve on slider rolls with any optional items you'd like. Season with extra salt and pepper if necessary.
First Published December 2012; Updated October 2020