This Easy Wonton Soup is made in only 10 minutes. You are going to love making this Asian dumpling soup recipe that requires only 3 ingredients!
The minute the weather gets a bit chilly, I declare soup season in my kitchen. I love a big bowl of comfort food.
Normally I would want you to guess how long it takes to make this Asian soup recipe but I already told you. While that seems impossible, it's not due to the basic ingredients that go in this soup.
Ingredients/ Additions and Substitutions for Easy Wonton Soup
There are only three ingredients in this soup but I am going to give you some additions and substitutions for this recipe. I want you to make this wonton soup at home so you should easily be able to adapt it to your liking.
- stock or broth - I love making homemade broth but I always keep some stock or broth in my pantry too. Trader Joe's carries an awesome ginger miso broth which is great for Asian recipes. You can use any brand of ginger broth or you could even use chicken or vegetable broth. To make it have more of an authentic Asian flavor, you could season it with some grated ginger or ginger powder and soy sauce.
- frozen dumplings or wontons - I also buy frozen Asian dumplings from Trader Joe's but most grocery stores carry them in their frozen food section. They take very little time to cook. Try different flavors to your liking.
- spinach - Frozen or fresh spinach can be used in this recipe. You could also use another vegetable like chopped bok choy. Or add some additions to the soup like grated carrots, chopped green onions, shredded cabbage, crushed red pepper or mushrooms .
Can you make homemade wontons for this soup?
Of course you can! I would advise that you make them in advance and then you can even keep them in the freezer for when you need them. Here are a few recipes for homemade wontons or dumplings:
- Homemade Pork Wontons via Two Sleevers
- Simple Vegetable Dumplings via Wife Mama Foodie
- Easy Potstickers Recipe via The Novice Chef
Cooking and Storing Tips
- I find it best to use smaller dumplings or mini wontons. They cook really quick and are perfect to distribute throughout the soup.
- This soup is perfect for lunch and can easily be reheated in the microwave so I often make a double batch. Just be sure to store the leftover soup in an air tight container in your refrigerator.
- Customize soup to your liking. You'll want to make this over and over again but you can add some new additions.
- Don't slurp too loud 🙂
More Soup Recipes :
- Cabbage and Beef Soup
- Easy Egg Drop Soup with Orzo
- Smoky Sausage Vegetable Soup
- Spicy Tomato Soup
- Yellow Split Pea Soup with Ham
- Lentil Vegetable Soup Recipe
- Best Chicken Noodle Soup
Enjoy soup season!
If you like this easy Asian dumpling soup recipe, please give it a 5 star rating below!
Easy Wonton Soup (Ten Minute Recipe)
- 32 ounces Ginger Miso broth or any type of Asian broth (see notes)
- 2 cups chopped fresh or frozen spinach
- 12 ounces frozen Asian dunplings
- Heat the broth on medium heat until it comes to a simmer.
- Add spinach and wontons. Cook for about 5 minutes or until frozen wontons are cooked through.
- Serve hot in bowls.