This easy chicken Parmesan recipe will change the way you think about making it for dinner. One skillet means easy clean up!
My family loves cheese. We go through about 3 to 5 pounds a week. No lie! Three pounds are just for the teen boy that lives in this house.
Today's Sunday Supper is very cheesy as the taste makers have all made cheesy dinner recipes. So much cheese! And I can't say I'm not happy about it. I went with an easy chicken Parmesan recipe made in a skillet. And one pan to clean up.
Thin chicken cutlets are dipped in egg, coated in breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese. They are sautéed in olive oil then removed from the pan. My 20 minute marinara sauce is put into the pan. The chicken goes back in the sauce and it's smothered with shredded mozzarella cheese. I like to put it in the oven on broil for just a few minutes so the cheese gets gooey and golden. If you want to make things even easier, just cover your skillet with a lid for a few minutes and the cheese will melt.
So easy and so good!
How should you serve this easy chicken Parmesan recipe?
This can be served with pasta, rice, egg noodles or your choice of sides. My favorite is to make a simple Caprese salad to have beforehand. You could also get some hoagie rolls and have great chicken Parmesan subs, grinders or sandwiches. Or whatever you'd prefer to call them.
Take a look at the rest of Sunday Supper's cheesiest recipes. Hope you love cheese as much as I do!
Easy Chicken Parmesan Skillet
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 ¼ pounds thin sliced chicken cutlets about 6 cutlets
- ½ cup Italian flavored breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 3 TBS olive oil
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- fresh chopped basil or parsley
- In a shallow bowl, beat the egg with 3 tablespoons water. Mix together the bread crumbs and parmesan cheese in another shallow bowl.
- Dip each chicken cutlet into the egg mixture then the bread crumb mixture until all are coated.
- Heat olive oil in a large aluminum or cast iron skillet on medium heat. Add breaded chicken to the pan and cook for 3 to 5 minutes on each size or until chicken is golden brown and no longer pink inside. Remove chicken from the pan.
- Add the sauce to the pan and heat on medium until bubbly. Put the chicken back in the pan and cover with mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Cover with a lid and cook until cheese is melted or put pan in oven on broil for a few minutes until cheese is melted and golden brown.
- Sprinkle with basil or parsley before serving.
Cheesy Dinner Ideas
Cheesy Appetizers and Sides
- Cheddar Sourdough Biscuits by What Smells So Good?
- Guinness and Caramelized Onion Cheese Ball by Palatable Pastime
- Irish Nachos with Beer Cheese Sauce by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Cheesy Main Courses
- Bacon Macaroni and Cheese by Sunday Supper Movement
- Cheddar Cheese Souffle by Pies and Plots
- Cheesy Cheeseburgers by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Cheesy Spaghetti Stuffed Meatloaf by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Chipotle Chicken Quesadillas by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Easy Cheesy Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes by My Fearless Kitchen
- Easy Chicken Parmesan Skillet by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Lemon Risotto with Asparagus and Zucchini by Caroline’s Cooking
- Saucy Beef and Cheese Stuffed Jumbo Shells by Hot Eats and Cool Reads
- Vegan Stuffed Shells by From the Bookshelf
The Sunday Supper Movement is committed to bringing our readers delicious recipes that encourage them to gather and eat together around the family table. Search for your favorite ingredients on our Sunday Supper website. Also check out the Sunday Supper Pinterest boards for plenty more ideas and inspiration.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.