Shrimp Linguini with Asparagus is a one pan recipe perfect for a special occasion dinner. But it's so easy to make that it will also be your easy weeknight favorite!
Valentines Day is this coming Friday and this is a perfect meal to make.
I despise going out that day. I don't like the crowds, special menus or hoopla that goes with eating out that night. So instead I choose to make a delicious dinner in.
While this one pan recipe is a great special occasion dinner, it is also perfect for a week night meal. This dinner is easy and quick. I really love that it only uses one pan and there is no colander involved.
What ingredients do you need for Shrimp Linguini with Asparagus?
- sun dried tomatoes
- white wine
- olive oil
- half and half
- fresh basil
The pasta, veggies, white wine, olive oil, water and seasonings are all added to the pot together. The shrimp and half and half get added towards the end of the cooking time. Fresh basil gets garnished at the end.
Who really wants to clean or wash any extra pans especially on Valentine's day? I prefer to eat dinner then relax with a glass of wine or a Strawberry Mojito cocktail.
My daughter is at college and my high school aged son has a darn good social life. So I have become more accustomed to making plenty of two person meals.
How many servings does this One Pan Recipe make?
This shrimp linguini recipe actually makes 3 servings. It can be enough for 2 really hungry people or 4 smaller sized servings. I don't mind having leftovers for lunch the next day either. This dish is better reheated in a skillet with melted butter or olive oil as the microwave changes the texture a bit.
After you get hungry looking at this shrimp linguini recipe, take a look below at other great dinner ideas for Valentine's day. They are from the Sunday Supper tastemakers and will give you plenty of easy dinner ideas to cook for two.
Happy Valentine's Day! Hope you eat well!
One Pan Shrimp and Asparagus Linguini
- 8 ounces of linguini pasta
- 2 ½ cups water
- ½ cup white wine
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces asparagus trimmed and cut into two- inch sized pieces
- ¼ cup chopped sun dried tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ¼ cup half and half
- 8 ounces cleaned deveined shrimp medium to large sized
- 2 to 3 Tablespoons fresh chopped basil
- Combine linguini, water, wine, olive oil, salt, pepper, asparagus, sun dried tomatoes and garlic in a large straight sided pan.
- Bring the pan to a boil over high heat. Stir occasionally with tongs so pasta doesn't stick to the pan.
- Lower heat to medium after mixture comes to a boil and continue to stir frequently.
- Cook for about 12 minutes or until there is still a little water in the pan.
- Add half and half and shrimp. Cook for a few more minutes or until pasta is al a dente and shrimp are pink and cooked through.
- If mixture gets too dry, a little more half and half or water can be added.
- Sprinkle with chopped basil before serving.
Need some more Valentines Day dinner ideas? Try these!
- Chicken and Cheese Quesadillas by Pies and Plots
- Chicken Marsala by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Classic Coq Au Vin for Two by The Crumby Cupcake
- Creamy Parmesan Skillet Eggs by The Texan New Yorker
- Date Night Chicken Teriyaki Stir-Fry by Gourmet Every Day
- Orange Chicken by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Spicy Salsa Chicken by Simple and Savory
- Chicken and Spinach Pasta with Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce by Pook’s Pantry
- One Pan Shrimp and Asparagus Linguini by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Scallop Pasta with Garlic and White Wine by Caroline’s Cooking
- Skillet Rigatoni alla Vodka for Two by Eat, Drink and be Tracy
- Porchetta by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Roast Pork Loin with Plum Sauce by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Filet Mignon with Shiitake Mushrooms by Cooking Chat
- French Onion Filet Mignon by The Chef Next Door
- Honey Lime Steak Kebabs by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Mini Mushroom Meatloaf by Cricket’s Confections
- Mushroom Topped Pepper Steak for Two by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pan Seared Sirloin Steak Dinner for Two by Life Tastes Good
- Pan-Seared Nutella Skirt Steak by Brunch-n-Bites
- Petit Filet with Red Wine Pan Sauce & Garlic Mash by Authentically Candace
- Rack of Lamb with Strawberry Mint Glaze by Sunday Supper Movement
- Steak Au Poivre by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Baked Salmon with Ginger Marinade by Feeding Big
- Crab Caesar Salad by What Smells So Good?
- Crab Imperial by Monica’s Table
- Creamy Shrimp & Sausage Skillet by Crazed Mom
- Grilled Swordfish with Husk Cherry Salsa by From the Bookshelf
- Peppadew Trout en Croûte by Food Lust People Love
- Shrimp and Grits with Andouille Cream Sauce by Soulfully Made
- Surf and Turf for Two by The Freshman Cook
- Colorful Matchstick Salad with Mint Vinaigrette by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Curried Split Peas by Wholistic Woman
- Edamame Waldorf Salad by Ninja Baker
- Saffron and Leek Risotto – Served 2 Ways by Sprinkles and Sprouts