Shrimp Linguini with Asparagus is a one pan recipe perfect for a special occasion dinner. But it's so easy to make that it will also be your easy weeknight favorite!
Valentines Day is this coming Friday and this is a perfect meal to make.
I despise going out that day. I don't like the crowds, special menus or hoopla that goes with eating out that night. So instead I choose to make a delicious dinner in.
While this one pan recipe is a great special occasion dinner, it is also perfect for a week night meal. This dinner is easy and quick. I really love that it only uses one pan and there is no colander involved.
What ingredients do you need for Shrimp Linguini with Asparagus?
- sun dried tomatoes
- white wine
- olive oil
- half and half
- fresh basil
The pasta, veggies, white wine, olive oil, water and seasonings are all added to the pot together. The shrimp and half and half get added towards the end of the cooking time. Fresh basil gets garnished at the end.
Who really wants to clean or wash any extra pans especially on Valentine's day? I prefer to eat dinner then relax with a glass of wine or a Strawberry Mojito cocktail.
My daughter is at college and my high school aged son has a darn good social life. So I have become more accustomed to making plenty of two person meals.
How many servings does this One Pan Recipe make?
This shrimp linguini recipe actually makes 3 servings. It can be enough for 2 really hungry people or 4 smaller sized servings. I don't mind having leftovers for lunch the next day either. This dish is better reheated in a skillet with melted butter or olive oil as the microwave changes the texture a bit.
After you get hungry looking at this shrimp linguini recipe, take a look below at other great dinner ideas for Valentine's day. They are from the Sunday Supper tastemakers and will give you plenty of easy dinner ideas to cook for two.
Happy Valentine's Day! Hope you eat well!
One Pan Shrimp and Asparagus Linguini
- 8 ounces of linguini pasta
- 2 ½ cups water
- ½ cup white wine
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces asparagus trimmed and cut into two- inch sized pieces
- ¼ cup chopped sun dried tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ¼ cup half and half
- 8 ounces cleaned deveined shrimp medium to large sized
- 2 to 3 Tablespoons fresh chopped basil
- Combine linguini, water, wine, olive oil, salt, pepper, asparagus, sun dried tomatoes and garlic in a large straight sided pan.
- Bring the pan to a boil over high heat. Stir occasionally with tongs so pasta doesn't stick to the pan.
- Lower heat to medium after mixture comes to a boil and continue to stir frequently.
- Cook for about 12 minutes or until there is still a little water in the pan.
- Add half and half and shrimp. Cook for a few more minutes or until pasta is al a dente and shrimp are pink and cooked through.
- If mixture gets too dry, a little more half and half or water can be added.
- Sprinkle with chopped basil before serving.