For years, I have been using a Crock-Pot slow cooker. I still have my original one given to me as a shower gift over 18 years ago.
Maybe I shouldn’t have revealed that information as now you can try and guess how old I am. It was great to use when I was working 10 hour days at my job. I could put a roast in the pot, set it on low and come home to a nice meal and a great smelling house. That was pre- children days where my husband and I could have a leisurely dinner with no rush to be anywhere that evening. Well, those days are over and our lives are much more interesting. But the Crock- Pot slow cooker is still sitting on my counter and helping me out in the kitchen tremendously. Last week the old girl was replaced by this brand spankin new one courtesy of Crock-Pot. Take a look at this new baby!
Isn’t she pr-eee-ty? I sure think so.
Crock-Pot recently launched two new versions of their slow cookers – the Crock-Pot Create-A-Crock, which is customizable with a design you pick as well as with your own photos and the NFL Crock-Pot Slow Cookers where you can pick from 32 team designs. I ended up going with a design that matches my kitchen. When it comes to NFL teams, our house is split between the Giants and Eagles. I didn’t want to create any wars in our kitchen.
I christened my new girl by making these beef and beer sliders. In the old days, I might have made a big roast with veggies and potatoes to have a leisurely dinner. But now our weeknights are busy and sometimes we can not sit down to eat together. My new Crock-Pot slow cooker is perfect because I can make dinner and then let the automatic setting go to warm. Dinner is ready whether one of my kids is eating at 5 o’clock or the other is eating at 6 o’clock.
The little sliders served with salad and chips were perfect for a week night dinner. But you can bet that they will also be on my football watching menu too. In fact, they are perfect during the holidays and are great party food for New Year’s Eve. Of course they are great served with a nice cold beer!
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- 3 lb beef roast (chuck, bottom round or shoulder roast works)
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 12 ounces beer
- ½ cup BBQ sauce
- 12 to 16 mini slider rolls or potato rolls
- optional: serve with extra BBQ sauce, cheese, pickles, hot peppers or crispy onions
- Place the chopped onion in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Season the roast with the salt, pepper and garlic powder. Place the roast in the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, mix together the beer and BBQ sauce. Pour over the roast.
- Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
- Using two forks, shred the beef.
- Serve on rolls with any optional items you’d like. Season with extra salt and pepper if necessary.
****Disclosurer : I was provided with a Crock-Pot slow cooker. As usual, all opinions are my own.