Soft Sugar Cookies with Sprinkles are a cookie lovers dream! These light cookies are filled with sprinkles and are perfect Christmas sugar cookies to leave for Santa but really great for any holiday. Load them up with festive sprinkles and then watch them disappear!
For full disclosure, I was given free products to create this recipe and participate in the #ChristmasCookies week event. As usual, all opinions are my own.
Welcome to #ChristmasCookies week where more than 25 bloggers are sharing cookie recipes perfect for your holiday celebrations. Hosted by Ellen from Family Around the Table, Christie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures and Heather from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks, we invite you to not only check out the recipes but enter the amazing giveaway.
Don’t miss one delicious cookie recipe! Follow along on Pinterest.
Prize 1: Tower of Treats from Millican Pecan Company
Originally founded as the West Texas Pecan Nursery in the late 1800's, Millican Pecan is now in 5th generation ownership. Located in San Saba, TX, the family continues the tradition of pecan farming while also branching the business into the online world. The family also enjoys educating people about pecans. One winner will receive The Tower of Treats Gift Tins. The tower includes 3 decorative gift tins stacked on top of each other. The bottom tin includes our 2 lb. Chocolate Pecan Sampler, the middle tin is our Flavored Pecan Sampler and the top tin is an 8 oz. tin of Milk Chocolate Caramillicans (similar to Turtles). An $80 value.
Prize 2: An Assortment of Flavored Extracts from Adams Extract and Spices
In January 2013, Adams, one of the oldest continuously operated companies in Texas and one of oldest spice and extract companies in the United States, celebrated its 125th birthday and was awarded the Texas Treasure Business Award, an award sponsored by State Bill 920 that recognizes the accomplishments of Texas businesses that have provided employment opportunities and support to the state’s economy for at least 50 years and pays tribute to the state’s well-established businesses and their exceptional historical contributions toward the state’s economic growth and prosperity.
Today, Adams proudly manufactures and markets under several Adams Brand banners, including Adams Best®, Adams Extract®, Adams® Seasoning & Spice, Adams Reserve®, Flavor King™, Pantry Basics™, Sear-n-Crust®, ClearVan™, Carniceria®, Cocina del Rey®, Naturals™, and Urban Canner™ along with the Adams Frozen Skillet Desserts and Adams Premium Ice Cream lines. In addition, Adams is proud to manufacture for some of the nations most respected Private Label Brands as well as other legacy Regional Seasoning Brands and is used to flavor many commercially produced food products around the nation.
Prize 3: A Set of Baking Pans from Anolon
Established in the 1950's, Meyer Manufacturing started by making and selling flashlights. In 1971 they started their journey into selling cookware. By 1986 they released the world’s first hard-anodized nonstick cookware which revolutionized the world of home cooking. Their nonstick surface didn’t flake or scratch easily.
Today they sell bakeware with nonstick interior and exterior made with a special sapphire-reinforced blend that is triple coated. NOTE: Color may vary from the photo above.
Make Sweets & Treats your one-stop shop for all your holiday sprinkle needs. In addition to fun, festive and colorful sprinkles, Sweets & Treats offers cupcake liners, edible glitters, sugars, and more.
Founded in 2010 by Shannon Harvey out of an industry need for bold, bright cupcake liners and baking supplies that are the life of the party! Based in Louisiana, Sweets & Treats is a designer cupcake liner manufacturer and party supply company that creates exclusive greaseproof cupcake liners, sprinkles, sprinkle mixes, paper straws, and other baking supplies.
Four (4) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. Bloggers are not responsible for prize fulfillment. Winners have 24 hours to respond once notified by email, or they forfeit the prize and an alternate winner will be chosen. The #ChristmasCookie bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members living in the household cannot enter or win the giveaway. Entries will be verified. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Giveaway open to US Residents only who are 18 years of age or older to enter giveaway. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #ChristmasCookies posts or entry.
Sugar Cookies with Sprinkles
There is something about cookies with sprinkles that make people happy. They are bright, cheery and perfect to celebrate a holiday with. I remember being a little girl and going to the bakery with my grandmother. Of course, I always chose the cookie with lots of colored sprinkles. While it's nice to pick up pretty cookies at a bakery, these are easy enough to make at home.
I used Sweets and Treats sprinkles. They have a wonderful assortment and can be purchased online.
These are one of my family's favorite Christmas sugar cookies and I love adding them to my holiday cookie tray so they are sitting next to Cranberry Pistachio Shortbread and my Peppermint Sandwich Cookie Brownies . But the fact is that they are a perfect festive cookie for any occasion. I made some and added fall sprinkles. Why not have cookies on your Thanksgiving table too? Of course I want these at birthday parties with fun multi colored sprinkles and at Easter time , some pretty pastel sprinkles are great to load these cookies with.
The best part is that there are sprinkles in the dough then the soft sugar cookies get topped with more sprinkles before baking. You really cannot have too many sprinkles on Christmas sugar cookies or really any cookies for a festive occasion!
Thanks to Anolon, I had some new wonderful new baking sheets to bake these cookies on! I had to use 3 pans to fit all the cookies as this cookie recipe makes 3 dozen. if you have less pans and need to make the cookies in batches, the baking pans must be cooled down before making a new batch of cookies.
Soft Sugar Cookie Baking Tips
The texture of these cookies are soft and light. Here are the best baking tips to make them super delicious.
- The sugar cookie dough is easiest to make using an electric stand or hand mixer. They can be done by hand but be sure to use a sturdy wooden spoon and be prepared to use some strength.
- Sprinkles get added at the end and make sure to gently mix them in. Also be careful not to overmix the dough.
- For perfect cookie formation, roll them into a ball then use a glass to flatten them into a nice cookie shape.
- These cookies are best when they are slightly under baked so they stay soft. They will get removed from the oven but will still continue to cook as they cool on the pan.
- Line your pan with parchment paper. This makes the cookies soft and it is easy clean up.
- For a firmer, thicker cookie, the dough can be refrigerated for 2 hours before shaping and baking.
- These cookies can be stored in an airtight container for up to 7 days. They can also be made, wrapped well and frozen up to two months.
If you like this Soft Sugar Cookie recipe, please rate it 5 stars below.
Soft Sugar Cookies with Sprinkles
- 3 cups flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup sour cream
- ⅓ cup sprinkles, plus more for decorating
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt in a medium size bowl. Set aside.
- Beat the butter with a mixer (or by hand) until smooth. Mix in the sugar and beat for about 2 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla extract and egg. Mix until well combined, making sure to scrape the sides of the bowl. Add in the flour mixture and mix until just combined. Make sure not to overmix. Add ⅓ cup of sprinkles and gently stir in by hand until just combined.
- Roll the dough into 1 ½ inch balls and place 1 inch apart on the lined baking sheets. Press the top of the dough with a glass to flatten. Dip each disc into more sprinkles on one side.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. The cookies should be completely set, but the centers will look slightly under cooked. Place the baking sheets on wire racks to cool for 10 minutes as the cookies will continue to slightly cook . Remove cookies with a spatula.
- Repeat with remaining dough to make the rest of the cookies.
Now let's browse the delicious list of holiday cookies then scroll down to the bottom to enter this giveaway.
Christmas Cookie Recipes
- Amaretti Snowball Cookies by Our Sutton Place
- Bourbon Pecan Snowballs by Leftovers Then Breakfast
- Brown Sugar Pecan Cookies by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Cappuccino Crinkles by West Via Midwest
- Cherry Garlands by Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies by Kate's Recipe Box
- Chocolate Peppermint Kiss Cookies by Books n' Cooks
- Chocolate Sugar Kisses by An Affair from the Heart
- Christmas Confetti Amaretti Cookies by The Spiffy Cookie
- Christmas Mouse Shortbread Cookies by Palatable Pastime
- Christmas Pinwheel Cookies by Lemon Blossoms
- Cinnamon Chip Holiday Spice Cake Mix Cookies by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Cinnamon Pecan Snickerdoodles by Daily Dish Recipes
- Classic Butter Spritz Cookies by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Gluten Free Gingerbread Cookies by Frugal & Fit
- Hermit Cookies by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Honey Spice Oatmeal Cookies by Family Around the Table
- Melting Snowman Cookies by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Pecan Brown Sugar Cookies by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Pecan Pie Bars by Eat Move Make
- Pecan Pie Cookies by Art of Natural Living
- Peppermint Chocolate Cookies by Swirls of Flavor
- Peppermint Kiss Cookies by Devour Dinner
- Peppermint Patty Cookies by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Peppermint Shortbread Cookies by Simply Inspired Meals
- Raspberry Jam Cookies by Making Miracles
- Reindeer Cookies by Sweet Beginnings
- Soft Sugar Cookies with Sprinkles by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Toffee Bars by That Recipe
- White Chocolate Cranberry Crinkle Cookies by Blogghetti