These Cranberry Pistachio Shortbread Cookies are perfect for any holiday cookie tray!
Can you believe Christmas is two weeks away? Every year, I think I should have plenty of time to decorate the house, put up a Christmas tree, buy presents, wrap the gifts, bake cookies and bake more cookies. Well here we are and the house is only slightly decorated, there's no tree up yet, and very few gifts have been bought. But I did make a batch of cranberry pistachio short bread cookies. And there are very few left.
Today is Sunday Supper's holiday cookie exchange. I'm happy to bring these festive shortbread cookies to the party. They are fairly easy to make and I love that you can make the dough ahead of time and then bake at your convenience. I dusted them lightly with some clear sprinkles but you can dress them up with colored sprinkles for the holidays. They keep well in an airtight container but in my house that is never a worry because they don't last long.
We had a bit of snow yesterday and I'm looking out the window with a cup of coffee and a cookie. Not bad to start a Sunday morning. The snow cancelled my son's soccer game so now I have time to start working on my shopping list and pick out a Christmas tree. I'll also go through the list of decadent cookie recipes and pick out a few to make later.
Happy cookie baking!
More Festive Cookie Recipes
- Candied Cranberry Walnut Oatmeal Cookies by Soulfully Made
- Cherry Chocolate Pistachio Cookies by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chewy Pumpkin Sugar Cookies by Pies and Plots
- Coconut-Key Lime Thumbprint Cookies by Gourmet Everyday
- Hot Cocoa Cookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Italian Rainbow Cookies by April Golightly
- Orange Cardamom Cookies by Sunday Supper Movement
- Toffee Cookies by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Christmas Drop Sugar Cookies
- Polish Pretzel Butter Cookies
Cranberry Pistachio Shortbread Cookies #SundaySupper
- 1 cup salted butter softened
- ¾ cup confectionery sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup sweetened dried cranberries
- ½ cup shelled roasted pistachios
- colored sprinkles if desired
- Cream together the butter and confectionery sugar with an electric mixer until well-combined, about 3 minutes. Add vanilla and flour and mix until just combined.
- Place the dough onto a piece of plastic wrap and roll into a 2 to 3 inch diameter log. Shape into a more square form if desired. Wrap the dough tightly in the wrap. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF. Place parchment paper on a baking sheet. Slice the cookie dough into half inch slices and place onto the sheet. Sprinkle with colored sugars if desired. Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes or until the edges start to turn golden brown. Remove from the oven and cool for at least 10 minutes before transferring to a baking rack to continue cooling. Store in an airtight container.