These breakfast wraps are filled with prosciutto, eggs and avocado. They can be made ahead of time and are a perfect breakfast on the go!
Eggs and Avocado go together!
But how about eggs and avocado? This might be my all time favorite food combination. I really think I could eat toast with mashed avocado and a fried egg everyday. But it can't be made in advance and it can be messy to eat while driving. Especially if you make it with a runny yolk. Talk about getting egg on your face.
To fix that, I made the perfect breakfast wraps. And in all actuality this can be eaten for breakfast, lunch or dinner. I stuffed a whole wheat tortilla with an egg scrambled with prosciutto. I added some avocado, a splash of hot sauce and rolled it together. This is a great breakfast on the go.
I am a fan of hot sauce but I guess you can add ketchup if you like. Or both. These wraps taste great without any condiments. They are pretty fancy for a grab and go breakfast.
These breakfast wraps can be made in advance!
This recipe makes four breakfast wraps but you can half the recipe if you only want to make two. I love making several then heating it in the microwave the next day for 45 seconds. It is not problem to prep them the night before and then you will have breakfast ready to go..
Forget that fast food drive thru in the morning. Make these instead. They are much healthier and you can leave out the prosciutto to make it vegetarian if you like.
Who else loves the combination of eggs and avocado?
If you like to make breakfast in advance, try these other recipes:
Make Ahead Breakfast Bowls by Iowa Girl Eats
Strawberry Chia Overnight Oats by Kristine's Kitchen
Egg, Avocado and Prosciutto Wraps
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 4 ounces prosciutto chopped
- 6 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1 avocado peeled and mashed
- 4 8 inch tortillas (I use whole wheat)
- hot sauce to taste
- In a medium size non stick pan, heat olive oil on medium heat. Add prosciutto and cook for about 5 minutes or until it starts to crisp.
- Mix together the eggs and water. Add to pan and cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until almost cooked through. Flip so that both sides are cooked. Keep warm and divide into four portions.
- Spread the mashed avocado mixture on each tortilla and top with egg mixture. Add some hot sauce to each and roll tightly.
- Cut each wrap in half before serving.