This portable breakfast wrap is a great way to have breakfast or lunch on the go. This steak and eggs recipe is easy to prep in advance! Let’s talk about more meals made easy with beef.
This post is sponsored by the New York Beef Council. As usual, all opinions are my own.
Back to School Meals Made Easy with Beef
It’s back to school time even though many students are learning from home. Normally this is a very busy time of year for families and now presents more of a challenge than ever. I’m sure everyone can use some tips for getting easy meals on their table.
My husband and I were supposed to be empty nesters however this pandemic got in the way of that. I’m cooking for us but also for an 18 year old college athlete that eats a lot. I never know when a few friends or girlfriend might also be here. And I am not complaining as I view meal time as the more the merrier.
Beef is the perfect ingredient to make easy weekday meals. It can also be cooked in batches so that you have extra for other meals. We really don’t have many leftovers so I will cook extra (and sometimes have to hide it in the back of the fridge). Here are some great BATCH COOKING TIPS for beef.
Steak and Eggs Wrap Recipe
Grilled steak is my son’s favorite thing to eat so I created this steak and eggs recipe using leftover steak. It is an easy recipe to prep and I make a batch so we have them for the week. The wraps will last a few days in the refrigerator or they can be frozen and placed in the fridge, the night before eating them. They are quickly reheated in the microwave for a quick breakfast, lunch or dinner.
We cook strip steaks often because they are very easy to grill so I often make an extra steak for these breakfast wraps. You can also use chip steak or sirloin steak which is in my Best Steak Tacos recipe. For more about steak cuts and swaps, check out these STEAK SWAP tips which come in handy for cooking meals.
Virtual Beef Potluck
About a week ago, the New York Beef Council sponsored a back to school virtual potluck. It was a fun cooking party on zoom where I cooked my steak and eggs recipe and we had 5 other bloggers showcase their recipes too. All of them were perfect for busy families and demonstrated meals made easy with beef.
Here are some of the bloggers easy beef recipes:
- TEX MEX CASSEROLE by Philly Grub
- HIDDEN VEGGIE SLOPPY JOE SLIDERS by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- BEEF TACO CUPS by Swirls of Flavor
- GRILLED MEATLOAF SLIDERS by Krazy Kitchen Mom
- STEAK SALAD by Food Hunters Guide to Cuisine
All of these meals are great for lunch or dinner. I will be working my way through these recipes in the next few weeks. They are all simple to make and I know my family will love them. I love that these beef recipes can also be prepped in advance.
Tips for Easy Cooking
I love giving people tips to make cooking easy. We have enough stress in our lives so sitting down to a meal should be relaxing and enjoyable. Here are some ways to make time in the kitchen stress free.
- Be prepared. Pick out a simple recipe and make a list of ingredients needed before heading to the grocery store.
- Keep essential ingredients in your kitchen. I always have items like pasta, canned beans, canned tomatoes, frozen vegetables, eggs, olive oil, salt and pepper ready to use. You will be amazed at what you can make with just a few simple ingredients.
- Do some prep ahead of time. If you know you’ll have a busy day, vegetables can be chopped ahead of time and kept in a plastic bag in the fridge until ready to use. You can also marinate meats and hours in advance.
- Don’t be afraid to use jarred pesto, bottled sauces or anything else that saves time. Not everything has to be homemade!
- Think of cooking as a fun way to bring your family and friends together. Nothing has to be perfect and if something gets burned or doesn’t taste the way you wanted it, there is always next time. Or you can order pizza!
More Easy Beef Recipes
- SLOW COOKER BEEF AND BEER SLIDERS
- BEEF AND ORZO SKILLET MEAL by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- ONE POT CHILI WITH RICE by Swirls of Flavor
- TENDERLOIN BEEF TIPS WITH MUSHROOMS
- CLASSIC CHILI FOR A CROWD
- GRILLED STEAK AND VCEGETABLE SALAD by New York Beef Council
- BEEF AND EGG TAMALE SKILLET by Beef It’s What’s for Dinner
If you like this Steak and Egg Wrap recipe, please give it a 5-star rating below!
Steak and Egg Breakfast Wrap
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 8 ounces leftover steak sliced thin and into pieces
- 6 large eggs
- 4 slices American or cheddar cheese
- 4 warmed flour tortillas (burrito size)
- salt and pepper
- optional toppings such as salsa, chopped avocado, chopped spinach, chopped tomatoes, sour cream, etc
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over mediumheat. Sauté the onions for a few minutesor until softened. Add the steak to the pan and cook for another few minuteswhile stirring gently just to warm.
- Beat together the eggs and season with salt andpepper. Pour in the eggs. Turn the eggs with a rubber spatula and cook foranother few minutes or until the eggs are set, lightly mixing all ingredientstogether.
- Divide the steak and scrambled egg mixturebetween the 4 flour tortillas. Top each tortilla in the center with themixture, a slice of cheese, and any additional toppings. Leave some empty spaceon the sides of the tortilla. Fold over each side and tightly roll up eachtortilla.
- These wraps can be prepared ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator individually wrapped. They can be microwaved for about 90 seconds to reheat for breakfast.