Air fryer lamb chops are a gourmet meal but they are so easy to make at home. Perfectly tender, flavorful and juicy, these lamb loin chops require only simple ingredients and take less than 15 minutes while cooked in the air fryer.
My family never were big lamb lovers. They thought the meat would be strong tasting and gamey. Well that all changed. I introduced them to these lamb chops which are quickly marinated then cooked in the air fryer. Now they love lamb chops and I like cooking a special dinner for them in 15 minutes! Lamb is so flavorful and versatile. If you've been hesitant I encourage you to give lamb chops a try.
This easy recipe is perfect for both a weeknight dinner and stay at home date nights or really any special occasion dinner. It's one of my husband and son's favorite air fryer recipes next to air fryer chicken wings.
What Are Lamb Loin Chops?
Lamb is typically available as loin chops or rib chops (also called lollipops). Loin chops are cut from the lamb's back right behind the ribs. You can purchase them bone in or boneless. The bone is a T shape and will have the loin muscle on one side and the tenderloin on the other side. If you are having a butcher cut them, the thickness of the lamb chops should be about 1 ½ inches.
Both cuts are flavorful and tender but the lamb loin chops are my preference because they are meatier and juicier. While the rib chops are fancier, these air fryer lamb loin chops are much less expensive but just as tasty!
- Olive Oil – Or use your favorite light, neutral flavored oil.
- Lemon – Fresh lemon is preferable to bottled lemon juice. Lemon adds flavor to the marinade and helps to tenderize the meat. You could also substitute red wine vinegar as this provides great flavor and marinade to the chops.
- Garlic – I love fresh garlic but you can use garlic from a jar in a pinch. Half a teaspoon of garlic powder or even onion powder is also a great substitute.
- Chopped Parsley – Use fresh chopped parsley for flavor and reserve some of these fresh herbs for the garnish. You could also use fresh mint for this lamb recipe.
- Salt and Black Pepper – Seasoning with salt and pepper enhances the flavor of the meat.
- Loin Lamb Chops – Look for chops that are similar in size and even in thickness.
How To Make Air Fryer Lamb Chops
- Combine the oil, lemon, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper in a small bowl and pour it over the lamb loin chops. Marinate at room temperature for a minimum of 30 minutes. They can be stored and marinated in a large freezer ziploc bag. If marinating longer than 30 minutes, keep them refrigerated.
- Preheat the air fryer if necessary and add the marinated lamb chops to the air fryer basket or rack, spacing them evenly in a single layer.
- Cook for 8 to 12 minutes or to your desired doneness.
- Rest the chops for at least 3 minutes before serving.
Check out my webstory on making lamb chops and the full recipe card below.
Storing and Reheating Lamb Chops
The best way to store the cooked lamb chops is in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. They can also be stored in a sealable freezer bag. Just make sure to get any air out of the bag.
For best results in reheating the leftovers, place lamb chops in the air fryer which has been preheated to 350 degrees F. Cook times can vary a bit but I usually heat my chops for about 4 or 5 minutes or until they are hot enough to eat.
The easiest way of reheating would be the microwave in 30 second increments but I prfer reheating in the air frying method. They can also be reheated in a preheated 350 F oven for about 10 to 15 minutes.
Loin chops are very tender and the marinade is used primarily for flavor. A 30-minute easy marinade is really all you need but you can marinate for up to 4 hours. If you marinate longer or even overnight the meat fibers will break down too much.
Lamb loin chops will be at their best when served at medium-rare doneness. To achieve this you should cook the chops to an internal temperature of 145 degrees F. Check the chops by using a instant read digital meat thermometer. See this chart for more information on cooking temperatures for lamb.
You will air fry lamb chops for 8-12 minutes depending on your desired doneness. You should flip the chops halfway through cooking to get a nice browned outside. Air fryers can all be a bit different so it is best to check your lamb chops at 8 minutes and go from there.
Side Dishes to Serve with Lamb Chops
- Parmesan Crusted Asparagus
- Oven Roasted Baby Potatoes
- Warm Italian Roasted Potato Salad with Arugula and Crispy Prosciutto
- Warm Brussels Sprout Slaw
- Rosemary Roasted Beets and Carrots from Just Beet It
If you like this Air Fryer Lamb Chops recipe, please leave a 5-star rating.
Air Fryer Lamb Chops
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup fresh chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 8 Loin Lamb Chops
- In small bowl, mix together the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper. Place lamb chops in a shallow dish and pour marinade over them. Turn to cover all the chops surface with the marinade. Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees (if necessary). Add chops to the fryer basket or racks making sure they are spread out evenly.
- Cook for 8 to 12 minutes (or until desired doneness), flipping once in the middle of cooking. Internal temperature should read 135 for rare, 145 for medium and 160 for well done. Allow the chops to rest for 3 minutes before serving .
Thanks for stopping by! Subscribe to Jersey Girl Cooks if you would like more recipes and cooking tips sent to your email. You can also order my Super Easy Cookbook for Beginners and follow me on social media - Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.