“I participated in a campaign on behalf of Millennial Central Consulting for Mrs. T’s Pierogies. I received a gift card to purchase get-together supplies to facilitate my review and a promotional item as a thank you for participating.”
Have you ever had pierogies wrapped in bacon and cheese before? If not, you will now find out what you’re missing.
This is the perfect appetizer to serve at a casual party and with Mrs T’s frozen pierogies, it is so easy to make. Since I had my kitchen redone, we tend to have friends over on a weekly basis. We gather around my island and I usually serve a buffet of finger foods and appetizers. These pierogies fit right in next to the chips, guacamole and cheese and crackers. Set out a few cocktails and you have a party!
First, let me be honest. I have a few Polish friends that make their own homemade pierogi. They are so good and I love going to their houses because they will have a platter of homemade pierogi topped with bacon bits and fried onions. They always serve them at their parties. But then there is me whom has never made a homemade pierogi in my life. But that does not mean I will not serve pierogies in my house. I just pull a box out of my freezer and let my guests compliment my pierogi dish. These pierogi are so good and pasta, whipped potatoes and cheese are the perfect canvas to add other ingredients.
When I was asked to serve Mrs T’s Pierogies at a casual gathering of friends at my house, I started thinking of all the great pierogi dishes I could make. There are plenty of great recipes on the Mrs T’s website that you can choose from but I decided what could be better that pierogi wrapped in bacon and topped with cheddar cheese? I used the potato and four cheese blend but there are 11 different flavorful varieties, including whole grain. Mrs. T’s Pierogies are also available in mini-size. This is a great option for having a larger size party. Our guests love mini size appetizers too.
You see how these guests are? Very into eating the pierogies. And not camera shy either!
I know we will be having many casual gatherings from now until after the holidays. I have several boxes of pierogies in my freezer which can also be used for a quick dinner. I sometimes make pierogi covered in chili or meat sauce and we have an easy meal.
What is your favorite way to eat pierogies? Keep a few boxes of Mrs T’s pierogies in your freezer and you’ll see how often you make them. For more recipe ideas, check out the Mrs T’s Pierogies website and Mrs T’s Pierogies Facebook page.
- 12 slices bacon
- 12 Mrs T’s Pierogi
- 3 ounces of cheddar cheese, cut in 12 small cubes
- sour cream for serving
- Partially cook the bacon in a large frying pan on medium heat for a few minutes but not crisp. Remove from pan onto paper towels to let cool.
- Add pierogi to pan and saute in bacon grease on low heat for about 5 to 7 minutes turning occasionally. Remove from pan and let cool. Do in batches if necessary.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wrap the bacon around each pierogi and place on a baking sheet. Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place cubes of cheese on each pierogi. Secure with toothpick or skewer and bake for another few minutes or until cheese melts.
- Serve with sour cream for dipping.