Transform your favorite Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts into an incredible easy side dish that pairs well with almost any meal. Bang Bang Brussel Sprouts are tender with crispy, caramelized edges, and the sweet and spicy bang bang sauce make them irresistible.
I love crispy brussels sprouts, and it doesn't get any easier than cooking them in the air fryer. They come out perfectly crisp-tender and have those incredible caramelized edges on the outer leaves that make them nutty and flavorful.
While plain brussel sprouts are good, bang bang brussel sprouts are extraordinary. The bang bang sauce is a great way to add a sweet and spicy element that elevates this vegetable and makes it extra special.
Bang Bang Brussel Sprouts can be a terrific appetizer or perfect side dish. Heck, I love them so much that I could eat the whole plate for dinner. Check out the recipe; it may be your new favorite way to make crispy sprouts, too!
And if you love the air fryer like I do, check out all my EASY air fryer recipes. Air frying is a great way to make healthy and easy recipes!
- Brussels sprouts – look for fresh Brussels sprouts, then trim and cut in half especially if they are large sprouts. Frozen sprouts aren't ideal, but they will work in a pinch.
- Olive Oil – or use your favorite light, neutral flavored oil.
- Seasoning – add garlic powder, sea salt or kosher salt and black pepper for flavor.
- Bang Bang Sauce – this simple sauce recipe is easy to make in minutes and pairs perfectly with roasted Brussel sprouts. You can also buy bottled sauce or use another sauce. I love this Boom Boom Sauce if I don't have time to make my own. More sauce suggestions are below.
How to Make Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts
- Drizzle trimmed brussel sprouts with a tablespoon of oil, sprinkle with garlic powder, salt and pepper, and toss to coat in a large bowl.
- Spread Brussels sprouts into the air fryer basket or rack spread in a single layer and cook for 6 minutes at 400 degrees F. Flip the sprouts and cook for another 6 minutes or until crispy, tender and golden brown.
- Toss the sprouts in half of the bang bang sauce until well coated, and serve on a platter with the remaining dipping sauce on the side.
See recipe card for complete instructions.
Bang bang sauce gives these brussel sprouts an amazing flavor, but you can certainly top them with the sauce or topping of your choice. We also recommend:
- A sprinkle of Parmesan Cheese to make parmesan brussels sprouts
- Balsamic Vinegar or Balsamic Glaze to give a savory flavor.
- Caesar Dressing or Ranch Dressing
- Alfredo Sauce
- Toss them in a bit of Maple syrup and hot sauce
- Storebought Sauces such as a Sriracha Mayo or bottled boom boom sauce. There are also different brands and variations at your local grocery store.
Storing and Reheating Leftovers
Storing – Store the leftover air fryer brussel sprouts in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Reheating – Reheat bang bang brussels sprouts in the air fryer for 3-4 minutes or heat them in the microwave stirring every 30 seconds until heated through. Drizzle with fresh bang bang sauce before serving.
Freezing – I do not recommend storing leftovers in the freezer as the cooked brussels sprouts can become mushy when reheated.
Bang Bang Sauce is a creamy, sweet and slightly spicy sauce made from mayonnaise and chili sauce. My bang bang sauce recipe keeps well in the fridge for several weeks, so I always have some on hand.
Yes! Air fryer brussel sprouts are quick and simple, but you can easily make roasted brussels sprouts on a baking sheet in your regular oven. It's the perfect option if you don't have an air fryer or are already using the oven for something else.
Brussel sprouts are healthy vegetables and a great addition to a balanced diet and can help to fight high blood pressure and high cholesterol. Some people may experience gas when eating large amounts of brussels sprouts. Use the bang bang sauce in moderation as that is what contains the extra calories.
I prefer fresh brussel sprouts but have occasionally used frozen sprouts when fresh ones couldn't be found. Be sure to purchase frozen sprouts that do not have butter or sauce. Frozen brussels sprouts are already trimmed, so you can add them directly to the air fryer. Just skip the oil and add your seasoning when they are done so it doesn't fall off.
I like to cook my brussel sprouts for about 6 minutes per side in a 400 degrees F air fryer. I still want them to have a bit of crunch. You can increase this time if you prefer them to be a bit more tender.
I have a few different air fryers but love to make a big batch in my Power Air Fryer Oven XL.
More Brussel Sprouts Recipes
- Roasted Cranberry Glazed Brussels Sprouts
- Brussels Sprouts Salad from Cookin' with Mima
- Warm Brussels Sprout Slaw
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts and Butternut Squash with Bacon
If you like this Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts recipe, please leave a 5-star rating below.
Bang Bang Brussels Sprouts
- 16 ounces brussel sprouts, trimmed and cut in half
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup bang bang sauce
- Place the brussel sprout halves in a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Preheat air fryer if necessary to 400 degrees. Spread brussels sprouts in a single layer on racks or in basket. Cook for 6 minutes then flip them all and cook for another 6 minutes or until sprouts are crispy, tender and golden brown.
- Toss the sprouts in half of the sauce until well coated and serve on a platter with the remaining dipping sauce on the side.
Thanks for stopping by! Subscribe to Jersey Girl Cooks if you would like more recipes and cooking tips sent to your email. You can also order my Super Easy Cookbook for Beginners and follow me on social media - Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
Your Bang Bang Brussel Sprouts looks so good! I’m gonna give them a try. Thanks for sharing!
The brussels sprouts is perfectly crispy and delicious, but the addition of the bang bang sauce takes them over - the - top! I can't wait to give these a try.
This was so easy to make and so good!
These flavors sound amazing. This is so much better than most of the brussel sprouts recipes i've seen out there.
These brussels sprouts turned out perfectly cooked - crispy on the outside, tender on the inside, and the sauce just took them to a whole other level!
How long do you cook the brussel sprouts for in a regular oven and at what temperature ??
The bang bang sauce sounds delish !
You can use this recipe for roasted brussels sprouts....https://www.jerseygirlcooks.com/simple-roasted-brussels-sprouts/
SO yummy and easy to make in the air fryer!! Your instructions were perfect!!
No better Brussels out there. Amazing!
These Brussels sprouts were cooked to perfection and the sauce was the crowning glory!
I just LOVE brussel sprouts. I never get a chance to make them as I'm the only one in my home that does. After seeing your recipe though I'm going to have to make some, ALL for me! lol
I love Brussels Sprouts! This looks absolutely delicious!