This turkey wrap recipe is the perfect choice for a quick lunch or snack and a great way to utilize your leftovers!
Use Leftover or Deli Turkey for this Wrap Recipe
This turkey wrap recipe came about when I looked through my fridge and saw that we had leftover roasted asparagus and turkey. Wraps are great to hold leftovers. I am not a big mayonnaise type of girl but if I mix it with a little balsamic vinegar, it does just fine. It made the wrap come together and gave it a little zip. This wrap would work well with ham too. I like to make different roasted veggies and use them in wraps the next day.
If you don't have leftover turkey, deli turkey is great to use also.
Ingredients Needed For Turkey Wrap
- Turkey - leftover or deli style both work. Shredded or sliced thin works well to roll this wrap.
- Asparagus - I make extra roasted asparagus just for this wrap
- Balsamic Vinegar - you can really use any type of vinegar that you like
- Mayonnaise - use low fat or really any mayo that you typically use
- tortillas - I like whole wheat but make sure they are not taco size and on the larger side so you can roll them together
- tomatoes - slice them nice and thin so the tortilla is eay to roll
Can I make this lunch wrap be made ahead of time?
- Yes. These wraps can be made for lunch but be sure to store it in a refrigerator or cooler.
- A turkey wrap like this one is incredibly easy to customize, and how you make it really depends on your personal taste!
- You could use a different kind of meat like ham or chicken. This is a great option for leftover turkey or ham from Thanksgiving or Christmas.
- There's also a wide variety of vegetables that would be delicious in this wrap. Try it with some strips of bell pepper, spinach, or some leftover mushrooms.
- You can vary the tortillas. Use white ot whole wheat. Or for a little bit of added flavor, try tortillas made with spinach or tomato and basil.
- Use your favorite condiments in place of the balsamic mayo. Some dijon mustard or a flavored aioli would be really tasty in this turky wrap.
More Lunch recipes
- Greek Quinoa Salad
- Gluten Free Chicken Noodle Soup
- Steak Tacos
- Avocado, Tomato, and Arugula Salad
- Cheddar Tomato Bacon Grilled Cheese from Half Baked Harvest
If you like this turkey wrap recipe, please give it a 5-star rating below!
Turkey and Asparagus Wrap with Balsamic Mayo
- 3 TBS mayonnaise I used light
- 1 TBS balsamic vinegar
- 2 6 to 8 inch flour tortillas (I used whole wheat)
- 4 slices of roast turkey
- 6 roasted asparagus spears
- 1 small tomato sliced
- Mix together the mayonnaise and vinegar in a small bowl.
- Spread half the mayonnaise on each tortilla.
- Layer on each tortilla, half the turkey, asparagus and tomato.
- Roll tightly, making sure the sides are tucked in. Cut in half if desired.
First Published May 2012; Updated November 2021