Little Monster Cookie Bites are loaded with peanut butter, oats, m & m's and butterscotch chips. I made a Monster Cookie Recipe into mini cookies and I love the smaller version of this cookie .
For full disclosure, I participated in #Christmascookie week and received free products from the sponsors mentioned in this post. As usual, all opinions are my own.
It's time to make the holiday cookies! This week I already made Cinnamon Snowball Cookies and Soft Sugar Cookies with Sprinkles. While I thought I'd have some in the freezer all ready for Christmas, that just didn't happen. The cookies just disappeared as I tested them so I will be making more.
Today I will be making Little Monster Cookie Bites. Traditionally monster cookies are quite large and they are stuffed with yummy ingredients. This Monster Cookie Recipe is made into small bite sized cookies. This way you can eat more mini cookies than one or try some other cookies on a holiday cookie tray.
What ingredients are in this monster cookie recipe?
butter - I use salted butter because salt brings out a bit of flavor in these cookies. The butter is brought to room temperature when using.
brown sugar - make sure your brown sugar is soft. It can be microwaved in 20 second increments to soften and break up any hard lumps.
peanut butter - creamy is the way to go for this monster cookie recipe.
egg - large sized. Make sure egg is at room temperature.
old fashioned oats - you can use the quick cooking oats too but I prefer the texture of the old fashioned ones
flour - plain white flour
butterscotch chips - you can also substitute chocolate chips, peanut butter chips or caramel chips
m&ms - try different colored ones to make the cookies festive according to the holiday you are celebrating
Notes on Size of these Monster Cookie Bites
Traditionally monster cookies are larger cookies but I like to make small bite sized cookies. You really can do any size you like but make sure the whole baking tray are all the same size. This will make for even baking. A cookie scoop is the perfect tool to get perfect sized cookie bites.
Cookie Baking Tips for Perfect Monster Cookies
- Space mini cookies out about 1 to 2 inches apart so they don't spread into each other.
- Line your baking sheet with parchment paper. I used an Anolon pan but the parchment paper will prevent the bottoms of the cookies from browning too much.
- Take out the butter and egg about 30 minutes before making this monster cookie recipe. It will allow these ingredients to come to room temperature.
- Chill your cookie dough. You only have to do it for 30 minutes. It's another way to prevent the cookies from getting too well done on the bottoms.
- Place the baking sheet in the center of the oven. While you can do more than one baking sheet at a time, I prefer to do only one tray as the mini cookies bake very evenly this way.
- Make sure the baking sheet is completely cooled before making another batch of cookies.
Storing and Freezing Cookie Bites
- Store cookies in an airtight container or plastic bag. Cookies will stay good for a week.
- These mini cookies freeze well. Make sure to wrap in plastic then put in an airtight container in the freezer for up to one month.
- Dough can also be premade then frozen. Defrost overnight in the refrigerator then proceed with scooping into balls and baking.
These mini cookies are perfect for the holidays! I buy colored M&M's based on what holiday we are celebrating. Of course multicolored ones are great for birthdays or just everyday cookies.
If you like this monster cookie recipe, please give it a 5- star rating below.
Little Monster Cookie Bites
- baking sheets
- ½ cup salted butter
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- ½ cup butterscotch chips (see note)
- ⅔ cup m&m or other chocolate candies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the sugar, brown sugar and butter until light and fluffy. add the peanut butter and egg. Beat until smooth.
- Add the flour, and oats. Mix until combined, then gently stir in the butterscotch chips and M&Ms. Chill dough for 30 minutes.
- Scoop 1 ½ inch mounds of the dough using a small cookie scoop onto the baking sheets, spacing them 1 to 2 inches apart. Bake the cookies for 8-11 minutes or until they start to turn golden but not brown. Remove them from the oven and have them cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheets before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely. (see notes)
Welcome to #ChristmasCookies week where more than 25 bloggers are sharing cookie recipes perfect for your holiday celebrations. Hosted by Ellen from Family Around the Table, Christie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures and Heather from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks, we invite you to not only check out the recipes but enter the amazing giveaway.
Don’t miss one delicious cookie recipe! Follow along on Pinterest.
Prize 1: Tower of Treats from Millican Pecan Company
Originally founded as the West Texas Pecan Nursery in the late 1800's, Millican Pecan is now in 5th generation ownership. Located in San Saba, TX, the family continues the tradition of pecan farming while also branching the business into the online world. The family also enjoys educating people about pecans. One winner will receive The Tower of Treats Gift Tins. The tower includes 3 decorative gift tins stacked on top of each other. The bottom tin includes our 2 lb. Chocolate Pecan Sampler, the middle tin is our Flavored Pecan Sampler and the top tin is an 8 oz. tin of Milk Chocolate Caramillicans (similar to Turtles). An $80 value.
Prize 2: An Assortment of Flavored Extracts from Adams Extract and Spices
In January 2013, Adams, one of the oldest continuously operated companies in Texas and one of oldest spice and extract companies in the United States, celebrated its 125th birthday and was awarded the Texas Treasure Business Award, an award sponsored by State Bill 920 that recognizes the accomplishments of Texas businesses that have provided employment opportunities and support to the state’s economy for at least 50 years and pays tribute to the state’s well-established businesses and their exceptional historical contributions toward the state’s economic growth and prosperity.
Today, Adams proudly manufactures and markets under several Adams Brand banners, including Adams Best®, Adams Extract®, Adams® Seasoning & Spice, Adams Reserve®, Flavor King™, Pantry Basics™, Sear-n-Crust®, ClearVan™, Carniceria®, Cocina del Rey®, Naturals™, and Urban Canner™ along with the Adams Frozen Skillet Desserts and Adams Premium Ice Cream lines. In addition, Adams is proud to manufacture for some of the nations most respected Private Label Brands as well as other legacy Regional Seasoning Brands and is used to flavor many commercially produced food products around the nation.
Prize 3: A Set of Baking Pans from Anolon
Established in the 1950's, Meyer Manufacturing started by making and selling flashlights. In 1971 they started their journey into selling cookware. By 1986 they released the world’s first hard-anodized nonstick cookware which revolutionized the world of home cooking. Their nonstick surface didn’t flake or scratch easily.
Today they sell bakeware with nonstick interior and exterior made with a special sapphire-reinforced blend that is triple coated. NOTE: Color may vary from the photo above.
Make Sweets & Treats your one-stop shop for all your holiday sprinkle needs. In addition to fun, festive and colorful sprinkles, Sweets & Treats offers cupcake liners, edible glitters, sugars, and more.
Founded in 2010 by Shannon Harvey out of an industry need for bold, bright cupcake liners and baking supplies that are the life of the party! Based in Louisiana, Sweets & Treats is a designer cupcake liner manufacturer and party supply company that creates exclusive greaseproof cupcake liners, sprinkles, sprinkle mixes, paper straws, and other baking supplies.
Four (4) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. Bloggers are not responsible for prize fulfillment. Winners have 24 hours to respond once notified by email, or they forfeit the prize and an alternate winner will be chosen. The #ChristmasCookies bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members living in the household cannot enter or win the giveaway. Entries will be verified. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Giveaway open to US Residents only who are 18 years of age or older to enter giveaway. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #ChristmasCookies posts or entry.
More Cookie Recipes :
- Chocolate Bonbon Cookies by That Recipe
- Chocolate Caramel Shortbread Cookies by West Via Midwest
- Chocolate Espresso Icebox Cookies by Leftovers Then Breakfast
- Chocolate-Dipped Orange Logs by Eat Move Make
- Christmas Magic Bars by Devour Dinner
- Christmas Monster Cookies by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Cranberry Pecan Oatmeal Cookies by Blogghetti
- Frosted Eggnog Cookie Bars by Family Around the Table
- Grinch Heart Thumbprint Cookies by The Spiffy Cookie
- Holiday Everything Cookies by Frugal & Fit
- Honey Walnut Cookies by Books n' Cooks
- Kahlua Mudslide Cookies by Daily Dish Recipes
- Lavender Snickerdoodles by Palatable Pastime
- Linzer Cookies by Lemon Blossoms
- Little Monster Cookie Bites by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Maple Sugar Cookies by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Mocha Chocolate Chunk Cookies by Making Miracles
- Mocha Sandies by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Pecan Pie Cookies by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Peppermint Bark Surprise Cookies by Our Sutton Place
- Pinwheel Cookies by Simply Inspired Meals
- Poppy Seed Shortbread by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Sadie's Double Pecan Butter Cookies by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Small Batch Pecan Fingers by Art of Natural Living
- Soft & Chewy Molasses Cookies by Sweet Beginnings
- Spiced Holiday Cutouts by Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Toasted Pecan Snowball Cookie Recipe by Swirls of Flavor
- White Chocolate Dipped Ginger Molasses Cookies by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks