Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs are easy to make and peel easily. You can use these air fried eggs for deviled eggs, egg salad sandwiches, in salads, or enjoy them plain with a sprinkle of salt.
Perfect Boiled Eggs
There are many ways to cook hard boiled eggs inscluding on the stove and in the instant pot. But the air fryer is my favorite. Why? I can make up to a dozen at a time (or maybe even more), it's quick to do and my eggs come out perfect and so easy to peel. No mess and no clean up are very appealing to me also. Give me a reason not to cook them in the air fryer. I'm not sure there is one!
One of the great things about making these eggs is that all you need are eggs. No water, no seasonings and no oil. Just eggs!
Hard boiled eggs are very versatile and they are really great for breakfast, lunch or a snack. While I use this recipe to make my colored Easter eggs, I also like to make a bunch to keep in the refrigerator for a few days. Whenever, I need a quick bite a hard boiled egg comes to the rescue.
Steps to Making Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs
- Rinse and dry the eggs and place them in the bottom rack of the air fryer.
- Cook for 16 minutes at 275 degrees F.
- Remove and cool in a bath of ice water before serving.
- Enjoy! (See full recipe card below.) Also see my web story on making these eggs.
Storing Boiled Eggs
Hard boiled eggs should be stored in an air-tight container in the fridge. They can be peeled or unpeeled. If you peel the eggs, cover them with a damp paper towel before sealing the container. This will keep the eggs nice and moist. Hard boiled eggs stored in their shell will last about 7 days. Peeled eggs may not last as long.
Air Fryer Cooking Tips
- Preheating is only necessary if your specific model of air fryer suggests preheating.
- If this is your first time air frying eggs, start with one or two to learn how your air fryer cooks.
- All air fryers cook differently. The times in this recipe are meant as a guide. Make adjustments as needed.
- Plunge cooked eggs into an ice bath. This will stop the cooking and also make the eggs easier to peel.
- About 12 eggs will fit in my air fryer at a time. Adjust the number of eggs to fit your air fryer so they can fit in a single layer. Do not overcrowd the basket.
- Store bought eggs are typically older and will peel much easier and cleaner than fresh farm eggs.
- The eggs will be very hot when coming out of the air fryer. You can let them sit in the air fryer basket for a couple of minutes before handling them or use tongs to immediately move them to an ice bath.
It takes about 16 minutes to hard boil eggs in the air fryer. It could be more or less depending on your air fryer.
No, you do not need to water. Air fried boiled eggs are not actually boiled but they will look and taste just like regular hard boiled eggs.
While I have had eggs explode in my microwave, it has never happened in my air fryer. And I have not heard of it happening to anyone I know.
You can but I find it hard to get the timing just right. Also they are much harder to peel than hard boiled eggs.
If the eggs are slightly overcooked the yolk will turn a slight green color. They are still safe to eat and taste good. Next time, cook your eggs a minute or so less and they should stay a bright yellow color.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Lamb Chops
- Air Fryer Baked Sweet Potato
- Air Fryer BBQ Shrimp
- How to Make Air Fryer Cornish Hen
- Homemade Air Fryer Fish Sticks
Recipes that include hard boiled eggs
- Polish Butter Pretzel Cookies
- Guacamole Deviled Eggs
- Egg Salad Sandwich
- Italian Easter Bread via Immaculate Bites
If you like this recipe, please leave a 5-star rating below.
Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs
- 6 large eggs
- First gently rinse your eggs with water and dry. Set them in a single layer, in the bottom of your air fryer or on the bottom rack of your air fryer.
- Turn your air fryer on to 275 degrees. Cook for about 16 minutes or until desired doneness.
- Gently remove the eggs and let them cool down before serving. They can be quickly cooled in an ice bath if desired. Refrigerate any leftovers.
Thanks for stopping by! Subscribe to Jersey Girl Cooks if you would like more recipes and cooking tips sent to your email. You can also order my Super Easy Cookbook for Beginners and follow me on social media - Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
Would the time stay the same if I'm only cooking a couple of eggs?
I cooked three eggs and it stayed the same (16 minutes). The best thing to do is experiment a little with your air fryer. Good luck!
Several of my eggs exploded at 12 minutes. Do your eggs have to be old to peel easily?
I am sorry that happened to you. That has not happened to me and a few times I left them in a little longer. Was the air fryer at the right temperature? As long as you put the eggs in cold water after cooking they should peel easily.
Barbara J Lis
I have a very simple air fryer that does not have a temperature setting. Can I still make hard boiled eggs in it? How long would I cook them. I know I can cook a chicken breast for 10 minutes. New at this! Thank you <3
Do you know the temperature your air fryer goes to? These eggs cook at 275 degrees so if the temp is too high it might not work right. While the temperature for chicken can easily be adapted, if the temp for eggs is too high they might crack or not cook the way you want them too.
I do have many other air fryer recipes you can check out though.
Just to be clear, could you please say whether the temperature is "C" or "F" in your posts?
I am sorry about the confusion. Everything on my site is in farenheit (F) as that is all we use in the US. Thanks for bringing it up as I will make a note of this on various places on my website.