I was really happy when I found out that the Sunday Supper tastemakers would be displaying easy spring recipes this week. I need the reminder that warmer weather and fresh produce will be here soon.
We had a great winter but now that it’s almost spring, mother nature has been playing some tricks on us. Snow and ice in March? Whaaaat??
Bring on some asparagus, shrimp and lemon vinaigrette. I don’t care that it’s snowing outside. I’m making a salad with fresh basil included and chanting “spring, spring, spring”.
Take that mother nature!
My daughter was home from college this week. For the third time in several years, she declared vegetarianism. So I had to make sure the refrigerator was stocked with fresh veggies, rice, beans, tofu and a little seafood. Does that mean she is a pescetarian? I am not really sure about the correct term but she is the type of vegetarian that will also eat a little seafood. Who knows? In a few months when we are walking through the streets of Philadelphia and smell cheesesteaks, the stint might be over. It’s happened before. So maybe she can be a cheesesteaktarian? Would that be a vegetarian that will also eat cheesesteaks? As long as she eats fairly healthy and is well nourished, I’m happy.
I made this salad and it was perfect because my daughter and I both loved it. It was also easy to put together. The shrimp and asparagus baked right on a sheet pan and were roasted in 15 minutes. The other ingredients were added and it can be served warm or cold. The brightness of a lemon vinaigrette just reminds me that summer is on it’s way.
Take a look at all these other spring recipes below. I can’t wait to try some of the others ones.
Special thanks to Anne from Simple and Savory who hosted this event!
- 12 Ounces asparagus, trimmed and cut into bite size pieces
- 16 ounces large shrimp, cleaned, deveined and tail removed
- 1 yellow or red sweet pepper, cored, seeded and cut into 2 inch strips
- 1 Tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- ½ Teaspoon black pepper
- ½ Teaspoon sea salt
- 4 cups chopped Romaine lettuce
- 1 green onion, chopped
- Juice of one large lemon
- ¼ Cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 Tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ Teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking pan with foil or parchment paper.
- Put the asparagus, shrimp and sweet pepper in a large bowl. Add the chopped garlic, 1 tablespoon olive oil, black pepper and ½ tablespoon salt. Mix well. Pour the shrimp mixture on the baking pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until asparagus is tender and shrimp are pink.
- While shrimp are roasting, arrange Romaine lettuce on four plates. Add half the chopped green onion and reserve the rest to garnish on top of salads.
- Whisk all the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl. After shrimp and veggies are cooked, mix them well with the dressing.
- Top each plate of Romaine lettuce with some of the shrimp mixture. Garnish with remaining green onion.
Cakes, Pies, and Sweets
- Coconut Custard Pie by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Fresh Strawberry Meringue Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Mango Banana Bread by Asian in America
- Meyer Lemon Panna Cotta by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Upside Down Brown Sugar Apricot Cake by The Bitter Side of Sweet
Cookies and Bars
- Carrot Cake Oatmeal Cookies by Pies and Plots
- Coconut Mango Chia Pudding Parfait by The Crumby Cupcake
- Maple Syrup Madeleines by The Finer Cookie
- Oatmeal Rhubarb Bars by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Pistachio Lemon Bars by From the Bookshelf
- Creamy and Tangy Avocado Chicken Salad by Cooking On The Ranch
- Grilled Lamb Lollipops with a Lemon and Pea Dip by Sprinkles and Sprouts
- Lemon Quinoa Salad with Asparagus and Tomatoes by Hardly a Goddess
- Pad Thai Spring Rolls by Brunch-n-Bites
- Parmesan Crusted Pork Tenderloin by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Spring Pizza with Goat Cheese & Asparagus by Wholistic Woman
- Spring Power Bowl by Simple and Savory
- Crab and Asparagus Pasta by My Savory Spoon.com
- Lemon Garlic Shrimp and Asparagus Rotini Pasta by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Pasta Salad with Artichoke Hearts & Feta by Soulfully Made
- Simple Pasta with Peas, Ham and Cream by Cooking With Carlee
- Spinach Artichoke Pasta Recipe by Life Tastes Good
- Baked Swordfish and Asparagus with Lentils and Chermoula by Caroline’s Cooking
- Flaked Salmon Arugula Spinach Watercress Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Prosciutto-Wrapped Salmon with Brie by Books n’ Cooks
- Red Snapper in a Saffron-Tomato Broth with Artichoke Hearts & Potatoes by Gourmet Everyday
- Roasted Shrimp and Asparagus Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Salmon with Parsley Pesto and Peas by Cooking Chat
Veggies and Sides
- Alfredo Scalloped Potatoes with Ham by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Asparagus Ham and Swiss Danish Braid by Crazed Mom
- Asparagus Soup by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Cheesy Potato Asparagus Tart by Sunday Supper Movement
- Herbed Lemon Potato Salad by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Microwave Carrots and Peas by Cricket’s Confections
- Roasted Spring Vegetables by Food Lust People Love
- Shaved Asparagus Salad by A Day in the Life on the Farm
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Reply To: 03-19-17 Easy Spring Recipes Final HTML