Who’s ready for some football?
While I am a Giants fan and the rest of my family are Eagles fans (shhhh….don’t tell anybody), none of us will be cheering for our favorite team in the Superbowl. But that doesn’t mean football is over. We still have some good games to watch and great food to eat.
Come game time this weekend, my husband and son will have all eyes on the TV while I am gearing up in the kitchen. Luckily with my new kitchen, I can have one eye on the appetizers I am making and the other eye on the game. We will also be at a fun party for the Superbowl and these are the appetizers I will be sharing.
You probably already know that I love appetizers. I especially love them when they can be eaten in little bites. These Tomato Pesto Caprese Bites are the perfect thing to have at your game day party. They are light, fresh and so easy to make. They are the closest thing to a bite of summer especially if you love tomatoes as much as I do.
These little bites only take a few minutes to pull together so they can be made right before needed. I am never embarrassed to use store bought pesto sauce especially not in the winter.
I am excited for the big game. Are you? For this post I got together with some other cool bloggers. Check out some of their recipes below too!
- 1 pint grape tomatoes (about 24 to 26),
- 4 to 6 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cut in cubes
- 2 TBS prepared pesto sauce
- 24 toothpicks
- balsamic drizzle for garnish
- Cut grape tomatoes in half the long way.
- Cube the mozzarella cheese into bite size pieces to fit in the center of the tomatoes.
- Put the cheese in a bowl and mix with the pesto sauce.
- Thread a tomato half, one piece of cheese, and another tomato half onto the toothpicks. Place toothpicks in a shallow serving dish. Garnish the plate with the balsamic drizzle.