You can eat a whole bowl and it won’t make you gain weight. But if you do eat the whole bowl, it might give you a tummy ache and and some gas. So I would advise to only eat half the bowl. Not that I would know about eating a whole bowl of anything….ahem….cough.
Last week I saw these on Leslie’s blog, A Hungry Housewife. I made them once and just loved them. They are almost as good as potato chips. No lie.
So I started experimenting with different flavors. First it was garlic and onion. Then it was Parmesan cheese. Now I am addicted to kale chips with chili powder. I just hope I don’t start turning green.
These chips can be made with any flavoring you like. I have even heard that they can be made with cinnamon and sugar for a sweet effect. That might be next on my list to try.
While my husband is watching the games with some Buffalo wings, I will be sitting next to him with a big bowl of kale chips. I’ll even offer to share.
- 1 large bunch of kale
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 TBS chili powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash and dry the kale leaves.
- Tear out the thick stalk in the middle of the kale and tear the leaves into bite size pieces.
- Put the kale in a bowl and pour the olive oil and vinegar over it. Sprinkle with
- chili powder.
- Arrange the kale onto a large baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Bake for about 10 to 12 minutes or until the kale is nice and crispy. Make sure the leaves do not burn.
- Cool then serve.