3 Way Pancakes and MEMEs

by jerseygirl on August 3, 2008 · 22 comments

We’ve been so busy this past summer but we finally have a day with no planned activities. I thought it was the perfect morning to make some pancakes. This is my 6 year old son’s favorite meal and I decided to make exactly what everyone wanted. My son wanted chocolate chip; my daughter wanted apple and I made peach and pecan for my husband and I. I couldn’t resist the fresh peaches I picked up from the farm market yesterday. It was easy to make 3 different types of pancakes since the filling was added at the end.

A few with chocolate chips……

Some canned apple pie filling was all we had. Nicole (my 10 year old) opted to take the picture herself. (As you can see the paper plates…it was a really lazy morning! )

It was nice to have breakfast as a family and everyone was happy with their pancakes.

Peach Pecan Buttermilk Pancakes (adapted from Southern Living)

2 cups all-purpose flour
2 TBS sugar

2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
2 cups low-fat buttermilk
1 TBS canola oil
2 large eggs
1 cup chopped, peeled peaches (about 3 medium)
1/2 cup chopped pecans

Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Combine buttermilk, oil, and eggs, stirring with a whisk; add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist. Lightly mix in the peaches and pecans. Heat a nonstick griddle or nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Spoon about 1/4 cup batter per pancake onto griddle. Turn pancakes over when tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked. Garnish with sliced peaches, pecans and maple syrup. Makes 12 to 15 pancakes.
Now for the MEMEs………

Michael from Real Bagels Are Boiled tagged me. He has a great blog and recently posted some amazing burger recipes. Thanks Michael!

So here are the rules for this MEME:

Tag Rules:
Link to the person who tagged you.
Post the rules on the blog.
Write six random things about yourself.
Tag six people at the end of your post.
Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Let the tagger know when your entry is up….and here are 6 random things about myself:

1. I was born and raised in NJ. (Surprise, surprise!) I have never lived anywhere else and even went to college in NJ (Rutgers University).

2. I did not learn to ride a bike until I was 30 years old. My husband bought me a bike for my 30th birthday. My neighbors wonder why I do not wave to them while I am riding around the neighborhood. The reason: I might lose my balance and a few teeth so I just yell hello real loud 🙂

3. I have been a runner since I was 14. I enjoy running 5k races. Besides, this balances out the eating I like to do.

4. My father was born in Croatia and so I have experienced many “European food delicacies” as a child. I have eaten tripe (cow’s stomach lining), fish eyeballs, octopus and many other organ meats. Isn’t it ironic that my picky 6 year old son thinks trying peas is exotic?

5. I will admit that I love to watch those mindless, in bad taste movies such as American Pie, Something About Mary, Old School, Meet the Fockers, and The Wedding Crashers. There are many more to name.

6. I know how to hula hoop and can probably hula hoop longer than most 13 year old girls!

I am tagging the following: (feel free to do this MEME and/or the music one below if you have time 🙂

Natalie from Natalie’s Nibbles
Emiline from SugarPlum
Birdie from The Saucy Bird
Lori from The Recipe Girl

Aggie from Aggie’s Kitchen tagged me for this fun music MEME. Thanks for thinking of tagging me, Aggie! I love her music selection!

Here are 6 songs that I am listening to. Did you think I would not include Jersey Girl? When you live in New Jersey all your life, it is mandatory that you LIKE Bruce and Bon Jovi. (Scroll way down to see the actual playlist or change tunes.) Enjoy!
********************************
Jersey Girl by Bruce Springsteen
You Wanna Make A Memory by Bon Jovi
My Wish by Rascal Flatts
Home by DAUGHTRY
Margaritaville by Jimmy Buffett
Bleeding Love by Leona Lewis

Aggie August 3, 2008 at 1:47 pm

I love all those movies too Lisa! haha! I’m also laughing about your comment about waving to the neighbors on your bike, cute!

Great songs…of course my favorite of yours would be Jimmy Buffett ! : )

Leslie August 3, 2008 at 2:21 pm

Thanks for the tag! I will have to ponder my favorite songs!!!
I love pancakes..and ALL of the different ones you made this morning looks yummo!

RecipeGirl August 3, 2008 at 2:31 pm

Hi Lisa,
Thanks for the tag. I always like to learn about other bloggers. I did this one a while back so I’ll be passing on it this time. But thanks for thinking of me!!

Jeena August 3, 2008 at 6:03 pm

Oh I would sure be happy with those pancakes they look fantastic.

Great songs. 🙂

Prudy August 3, 2008 at 7:28 pm

What fun to read all about you. I loved your bicycle comment. What a great way to serve pancakes in the summer.

Adam August 3, 2008 at 7:31 pm

Wow, three different kinds of pancakes? Talk about an awesome super mom 🙂

I like your MEME too, I think your ‘guilty pleasure’ type movies are great… Mindless fun is just what the doctor ordered some nights

Jenny August 4, 2008 at 1:24 am

Love the looks of those 3 way pancakes! Great meme’s too. The music one is tough, I don’t know how to just pick 5! Great choices. Love Leona Lewis!

Beth August 4, 2008 at 4:26 am

I hardly ever make panckaes, usually because I am rushing around and can never find the time. I think I will have to make the time, they look delicious

Clumbsy Cookie August 4, 2008 at 7:19 am

Oh! There is still hope for me then!!!! I don’t know how to ride a bike and I’ll be 30 next year! So all I have to do is get a husband to buy me one. Good to know it’s never late! I don’y have pancakes in agesss, I would love some peach ones now.

Prudy August 4, 2008 at 10:28 am

Lisa:
I left you an ice cream maker comment on my blog. Basically, I have a cheap Target maker and it works just swell. I’m eying one of those expensive ones that don’t require any ice.

Mary Ann August 4, 2008 at 11:17 am

Yummy, yummy and yummy! We love pancakes over here and these look like some great variations!

Katrina August 4, 2008 at 1:54 pm

Ahh, you and I share the same taste in dishes. I have those same green and yellow plates–got mine at Walmart! 😉
The pancakes look yummy. I got some peaches from our farmer’s market, too. I’ll have to try some on pancakes.

Kevin August 4, 2008 at 4:06 pm

Those peach pancakes look good!

Debbie August 4, 2008 at 8:09 pm

The pancakes look great. I should make some for breakfast but I’m always rushing in the morning! I used to live in NJ years ago. Used to visit Seaside and loved Point Pleasant…I miss the Jersey shore…..

Teresa Cordero Cordell August 4, 2008 at 9:05 pm

Lisa, thank you for coming by my blog. I’m so glad I came by yours. Did you know that one of my favorite weeknight dinners is pancakes? Oh yeah. So, thanks for sharing. You can bet I’ll be making these.

Annie August 4, 2008 at 9:24 pm

The pancakes look marvelous! I love pancakes, who doesn’t right?

By the way I just learned how to ride a bike too and I’m older than you!!! So I totally understand the “not waving” thing. LOL
And I’m a sucker for those movies too, Shhhhh!

Bridgett August 5, 2008 at 12:21 am

OOHH! Those chocolate chip pancakes are calling to me! So yummy.

Emiline August 5, 2008 at 12:45 am

I love Jimmy Buffet! His music really relaxes me. I always feel like drinking and sitting on the beach when it’s on.

I like all of your pancakes. I think peach-pecans sound great.

I’ve already done this one, but I might do it again. They’re always fun to pass the time.
You’re very interesting!

Dawn August 5, 2008 at 9:34 am

I have to admit I am a huge lover of chocolate chip pancakes. When I eat them I drown them with whipped cream. So I’m with your kids on this one! 🙂

Pam August 5, 2008 at 12:10 pm

The peach pancakes look outstanding! I’ll be trying these soon.

Stephanie August 5, 2008 at 3:31 pm

Those pancakes all look so delicious! I think if I had breakfast at your house, I’d want at least one of each!

oggi August 6, 2008 at 6:27 pm

Chocolate chip pancakes are my family’s favorite. And I love the ones with peaches.:)