We’ve been so busy this past summer but we finally have a day with no planned activities. I thought it was the perfect morning to make some pancakes. This is my 6 year old son’s favorite meal and I decided to make exactly what everyone wanted. My son wanted chocolate chip; my daughter wanted apple and I made peach and pecan for my husband and I. I couldn’t resist the fresh peaches I picked up from the farm market yesterday. It was easy to make 3 different types of pancakes since the filling was added at the end.
A few with chocolate chips……
Some canned apple pie filling was all we had. Nicole (my 10 year old) opted to take the picture herself. (As you can see the paper plates…it was a really lazy morning! )
It was nice to have breakfast as a family and everyone was happy with their pancakes.
Peach Pecan Buttermilk Pancakes (adapted from Southern Living)
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 TBS sugar
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
2 cups low-fat buttermilk
1 TBS canola oil
2 large eggs
1 cup chopped, peeled peaches (about 3 medium)
1/2 cup chopped pecans
Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Combine buttermilk, oil, and eggs, stirring with a whisk; add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist. Lightly mix in the peaches and pecans. Heat a nonstick griddle or nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Spoon about 1/4 cup batter per pancake onto griddle. Turn pancakes over when tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked. Garnish with sliced peaches, pecans and maple syrup. Makes 12 to 15 pancakes.
Now for the MEMEs………
Michael from Real Bagels Are Boiled
tagged me. He has a great blog and recently posted some amazing burger recipes. Thanks Michael!
So here are the rules for this MEME:
Link to the person who tagged you.
Post the rules on the blog.
Write six random things about yourself.
Tag six people at the end of your post.
Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Let the tagger know when your entry is up….and here are 6 random things about myself:
1. I was born and raised in NJ. (Surprise, surprise!) I have never lived anywhere else and even went to college in NJ (Rutgers University).
2. I did not learn to ride a bike until I was 30 years old. My husband bought me a bike for my 30th birthday. My neighbors wonder why I do not wave to them while I am riding around the neighborhood. The reason: I might lose my balance and a few teeth so I just yell hello real loud 🙂
3. I have been a runner since I was 14. I enjoy running 5k races. Besides, this balances out the eating I like to do.
4. My father was born in Croatia and so I have experienced many “European food delicacies” as a child. I have eaten tripe (cow’s stomach lining), fish eyeballs, octopus and many other organ meats. Isn’t it ironic that my picky 6 year old son thinks trying peas is exotic?
5. I will admit that I love to watch those mindless, in bad taste movies such as American Pie, Something About Mary, Old School, Meet the Fockers, and The Wedding Crashers. There are many more to name.
6. I know how to hula hoop and can probably hula hoop longer than most 13 year old girls!
I am tagging the following: (feel free to do this MEME and/or the music one below if you have time 🙂
Aggie from Aggie’s Kitchen tagged me for this fun music MEME. Thanks for thinking of tagging me, Aggie! I love her music selection!
Here are 6 songs that I am listening to. Did you think I would not include Jersey Girl? When you live in New Jersey all your life, it is mandatory that you LIKE Bruce and Bon Jovi. (Scroll way down to see the actual playlist or change tunes.) Enjoy!
Jersey Girl by Bruce Springsteen
You Wanna Make A Memory by Bon Jovi
My Wish by Rascal Flatts
Home by DAUGHTRY
Margaritaville by Jimmy Buffett
Bleeding Love by Leona Lewis