Honey Lime Fruit Salad is a refreshing berry recipe made with a simple and flavorful honey lime dressing. Mint adds brightness to this tasty berry salad that is a perfect dessert breakfast or snack for a summer day.
Berry Salad Courtesy of the Bees
Several years ago I went to an event at Whole Foods in Princeton, NJ. The staff at Whole Foods brought in a panel of experts to share with us how important bees are to our food supply. They pollinate over hundreds of fruits and vegetables as well as pollinate the grasses that animals need to feed on.
It's thanks to the bees that we even have this yummy berry salad because without the bees we wouldn't have strawberries, blackberries, grapes, mint, lime or honey. We can literally thank the bees for every ingredient.
At the event, we also had a delicious honey tasting and honey is an integral part of the honey lime dressing that makes this fruit salad so delicious. After tasting several types of honey I decided to come home and create this fruit salad.
I am a huge fruit lover and this fruit salad is delightful as a nice ending to dinner. It is also great with some yogurt for breakfast and makes the perfect light dessert or snack.
Ingredients Needed for Honey Lime Fruit Salad
- Fruit – I used strawberries, blackberries and grapes for this fruit salad but you can use any berries or fruit you have on hand. Some of my favorites include peaches, mango, raspberries and blueberries. Customize your berry salad with the fruits you love. I make this all year round and buy fruit and/or berries that I can find at my local market.
- Fresh Mint – Fresh mint leaves add a lovely brightness to this salad. If you aren't a huge fan of mint or it's not available you can omit this ingredient.
- Limes – Frsh lime juice is a must for this recipe. I also like to add a bit of the lime zest if time allows. The acid in the lime also prevents the fruit from turning brown.
- Honey – There are so many wonderful types of honey. I look for local honey when I can find it.
More Fresh Berry Recipes
- Double Strawberry Muffins
- Strawberry Lemon Water with Mint
- Blueberry Caprese Salad with Balsamic Dressing
- Blueberry Frozen Yogurt
- Strawberry Skillet Crisp from Seek Adventures Blog
There truly is no better way to celebrate summer and all the hard work of the bees than by eating a fresh fruit salad with honey lime dressing. And if it's not summer, make this fruit salad anyway! Just customize to fruits that are in season.
If you like this Honey Lime and Mint Berry Salad, please leave a 5-star rating.
Honey Mint Lime Berry Salad
- 2 cups strawberries halved
- 2 cups blackberries
- 1 cup grapes
- ⅓ cup fresh mint leaves chopped
- the juice from two limes
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- In a medium size bowl, mix together strawberries, blackberries, grapes and mint.
- Whisk together lime juice and honey. Drizzle over fruit and mix lightly.
First Published April 2015 ; Updated August 2021
Thanks for stopping by! Subscribe to Jersey Girl Cooks if you would like more recipes and cooking tips sent to your email. You can also order my Super Easy Cookbook for Beginners and follow me on social media - Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
Wish I lived closer -that's a lot of Whole Foods loot! I think I am going to make this for my Easter dessert with angel food cake - love the combo of flavors! I'd probably add some lime zest to it too - yum! Have a great Easter!