This Orange Creamsicle Jello Shots Recipe is perfect for your next party. They can be made right in the peel of the orange halves to look like orange slices. Such fun shots!
Are parties and fun filling your summer? Then make these orange creamsicle jello shots! I thought it would be fun to experiment with different types of flavors but my orange jello shots recipe always seem to be everyone's favorites. I also happen to love orange beverages like this Orange Basil Cocktail. If you need a conversation piece at a party then these are it. They are fairly easy to put together but fun for everyone (except children of course). Don't eat (or should I say drink?) too many!
- package of orange jello
- boiling water
- orange juice (from the oranges)
- vodka - whipped cream vodka or vanilla flavored works best
Make these Jello Shots Two Different Ways
You can easily make these in plastic cups rather than orange peels. The orange peel method is much more time consuming but the presentation is worth it! Just make sure the guests know there is alcohol in them! And you can make alcohol free ones for the kiddos or anyone that wants to skip the vodka.
If you make them in cups, plastic shot glasses can be used or you can fancy things up like I did. A little whipped cream can top them off to make them even more delicious.
Your friends will request these all the time!
Tips for Making the Best Orange Slice Jello Shots:
- Make sure there are no holes in the oranges. It is best to cut the oranges the long way and turn them inside out to scoop out all the pulp.
- Use a muffin tin to hold the oranges. The muffin pan will keep orange halves upright and it will eliminate any jello mixture from spilling in your fridge.
- Use a cutting board with a sharp knife when ready to cut the oranges.
- Experiment with different flavored vodkas. This is the fun part! I used orange whipped creme vodka but you can also use plain vodka or orange flavored vodka in your jell-o shots recipe .
- Put the filled orange cups in the freezer for a few minutes as this will speed up the chilling process.
Football season is right around the corner and this Jello Shots Recipe is one that you'll want to make. The orange creamsicle flavored shots are easy to transport to a football watching party. You will get extra points if your favorite football team colors are orange. This adult treat is always a conversation piece at every party I go to! They are great for an adult Halloween party too. I serve them with chili and everyone is happy.
More fun cocktail recipes
Here are some other beverages to make if you are having a party or just want to relax on the patio during happy hour. I've included some refreshing non alcoholic ones too.
- Raspberry Sorbet Wine Spritzer
- Lemonade Prosecco Punch
- Fresh Strawberry Mojitos
- Strawberry Lemon Water (non alchoholic)
- Simple Homemade Lemonade (non alcoholic)
- Orange Basil Cocktail
Or if you are having a brunch party try making this Mimosa Bar from Swirls of Flavor . Your guests will love it.
Entertaining can be so fun!
If you like this orange Jello shot recipe, please give it a 5-star rating below.
Orange Creamsicle Jello Shots
- 3 large oranges
- 1 small package orange jello
- ¾ cup boiling water
- ¼ cup orange juice (from oranges)
- ¾ cup vodka whipped cream or vanilla flavored works best
- Slice oranges in half. Juice the oranges and reserve the juice. Using a spoon, scoop out all the remaining flesh and pith.
- In a bowl, mix jello and boiling water until powder is dissolved. Add orange juice and vodka and mix thoroughly.
- Put the orange halves in muffin tins. Pour the liquid into the halves. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for approximately 4 hours or overnight. You can also put in the freezer for 15 minutes to speed things up.
- When jello is very firm firm, slice each half into 4 sections. Makes about 24 shots.
- To make them in cups just pour the liquid in cups then refrigerate until firm. Top with whipped cream before serving if desired.