Pumpkin Monkey Bread muffins are a sugary, buttery bread made with pumpkin puree and pumpkin spice. These breads are made in muffin tins so they are terrific individual treats.
What is Monkey Bread?
Money bread is a sweet, soft bread that can be pulled apart. It is made from balls of soft dough broken and contains lots of butter and cinnamon sugar. If you are watching calories or carbs, this is not for you. It really is a delicious treat.
Typically it's baked in a larger cake or bundt pan but I decided to make individual sized breads in muffin tins. I also added some pumpkin to the recipe as it works great during the fall season. I can't get enough pumpkin spice at this time of year!
Can I make these monkey bread muffins ahead of time?
- Sure! If you know you won't have time to whip them up the day of, they keep just fine if you have to make them a day or 2 ahead of time.
How long will these muffins last?
- Out on the countertop, if they're properly stored in an airtight container or wrap, your muffins should last 2-3 days. If you need them to last a bit longer, store them in the fridge, where they should keep for 4 to 5 days. They are best when reheated in the microwave for abou 30 seconds.
- You can also store them in the freezer for a month or so. Just make sure they are tightly wrapped in plastic wrap.
- There are so many ways to customize these little muffins with add-ins and toppings.
- Top pumpkin monkey bread muffins with crushed walnuts or pecans, or drizzle with some homemade icing.
- Place some peeled apple chunks or raisins as a layer in the middle of your muffins, and then sprinkle even more on top if you'd like!
- You could also make a layer of Nutella or peanut butter for a creamy surprise in the middle.
- To really give these an even more spice flavor, use pre-made cinnamon roll dough instead of biscuit dough!
More Pumpkin Recipes
- Mini Pumpkin Donut Muffins with Cinnamon Sugar
- Baked Pumpkin Cake Doughnuts
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread via Swirls of Flavor
If you like this pumpkin monkey bread muffin recipe, please give it a 5-star rating below!
Pumpkin Monkey Bread Muffins
- baking spray
- ⅓ cup butter
- ⅔ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- 1 16 ounce can flaky biscuit dough
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- maple syrup for drizzling if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 6- cup large muffin tin with baking spray. Make sure sides and bottom are coated very well.
- In a medium sized saucepan, melt butter on medium heat. Add brown sugar, pumpkin purée, pumpkin spice and vanilla. Whisk until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Break the biscuit dough up into small pieces and mix in a large bowl with the white sugar.
- Place ⅓ of the pumpkin mixture into the bottom of the muffin cups. Arrange half of the biscuit pieces on top. Layer in ⅓ more of the pumpkin mixture. Top with the remaining biscuits and the remaining pumpkin mixture.
- Bake for 14 to 16 minutes or until brown on top.
- Cool for 10 minutes. Slide a knife around sides of muffin pan so removal is easier.
- Drizzle with syrup before serving if desired. I like mine without but some people like monkey bread super sweet.
Published September 2017; Updated September 2020 and October 2021