Pumpkin Monkey Bread is a sugary, buttery bread made with pumpkin. The breads are made in muffin tins so they are nice individual treats.
First Published September 2017; Updated September 2020
Pumpkin Monkey Bread Muffins Backstory
Do you like monkey bread? If you do, I'm sure you will like Pumpkin Monkey Bread Muffins even better!
I added pumpkin to my monkey bread and baked them in muffin tins to make great individual sized treats.
This week the Sunday Supper Tastemakers are testing out pumpkin recipes so get ready to get your pumpkin on, and just in time for fall!
Can I make these muffins ahead of time?
- Absolutely! If you know you won't have time to whip them up the day of, they keep just fine if you have to make them a day or 2 ahead of time.
How long will these muffins last?
- Out on the countertop, if they're properly stored, your muffins should last 2-3 days. If you need them to last a bit longer, store them in the fridge, where they should keep for at least a week.
- You can also store them in the freezer for 2-3 months.
- There are so many ways to customize these little muffins with add-ins and toppings.
- For even more fall flavor, include cinnamon or even pumpkin pie spice in your mixture.
- Top these muffins with crushed walnuts or pecans, or drizzle with some homemade icing.
- Place some peeled apple chunks or raisins as a layer in the middle of your muffins, and then sprinkle even more on top if you'd like!
- You could also make a layer of Nutella or peanut butter for a creamy surprise in the middle.
- To really elevate these, use pre-made cinnamon roll dough instead of biscuit dough!
More Pumpkin Dishes
- Autumn Harvest Pumpkin Soup by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Chocolate Pumpkin Chia Pudding by Cricket’s Confections
- Chocolate Pumpkin Pastry Twists by Caroline’s Cooking
- Cream Cheese Filled Pumpkin Bread by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Miso Broth with Roast Pumpkin and Noodles by Sprinkles and Sprouts
- Pumpkin Coffee Cake with Walnut Streusel by Baking Sense
- Pumpkin Kugel by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Pumpkin Monkey Bread Muffins by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Pumpkin Mug Muffin by Our Good Life
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Cups by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Pumpkin Shrub by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Pumpkin Spiced Cream Cheese Rolls by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Roasted Pumpkin Apple Bacon Soup by Food Lust People Love
- Savory Pumpkin with Red Onion Garlic and Coconut by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
Best Pumpkin Desserts
- No Bake Paleo Pumpkin Bites by Bites of Wellness
- Pumpkin Blondies by Pies and Plots
- Pumpkin Bread Pudding by The Freshman Cook
- Pumpkin Cupcakes by NinjaBaker.com
- Pumpkin Hand Pies by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Pumpkin Pot Au Creme by Cooking On The Ranch
- Traditional Pumpkin Pie by Palatable Pastime
- Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Cookies by Sunday Supper Movement
If you like this recipe, please give it a 5-star rating below!
Pumpkin Monkey Bread Muffins
- baking spray
- ⅓ cup butter
- ⅔ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- 1 16 ounce can flaky biscuit dough
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- maple syrup for drizzling if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 6- cup large muffin tin with baking spray. Make sure sides and bottom are coated very well.
- In a medium sized saucepan, melt butter on medium heat. Add brown sugar, pumpkin purée, pumpkin spice and vanilla. Whisk until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Break the biscuit dough up into small pieces and mix in a large bowl with the white sugar.
- Place ⅓ of the pumpkin mixture into the bottom of the muffin cups. Arrange half of the biscuit pieces on top. Layer in ⅓ more of the pumpkin mixture. Top with the remaining biscuits and the remaining pumpkin mixture.
- Bake for 14 to 16 minutes or until brown on top.
- Cool for 10 minutes. Slide a knife around sides of muffin pan so removal is easier.
- Drizzle with syrup before serving if desired. I like mine without but some people like monkey bread super sweet.
The Sunday Supper Movement is committed to bringing our readers delicious recipes that encourage them to gather and eat together around the family table. Search for your favorite ingredients on our Sunday Supper website. Also check out the Sunday Supper Pinterest boards for plenty more ideas and inspiration.