Learn how to cook thin pork chops in the air fryer for succulent, perfectly cooked pork chops with a golden-brown crust, achieved effortlessly in just minutes.
If you've been holding off on getting an air fryer, now is really the time to do it. If your family is as busy as mine, you will love the convenience of the air fryer for making delicious meals like these thin pork chops. This air fryer recipe is perfect for busy weeknights and the best pork chops will be on your dinner table in 15 minutes!
Juicy pork chops are one of my favorite weeknight meals because they contain simple ingredients and can be served with a variety of side dishes for a complete and healthy meal. This simple recipe transforms weeknight dinners into a gourmet experience without the fuss.
With only four ingredients, including those pantry staples, these thin-cut bone-in pork chops become a canvas for flavor, thanks to a simple rub of olive oil and steak or chop seasoning. Learn how to air fry thin pork chops to guarantee a juicy interior and a crisp exterior. The symphony of textures makes it a meal worth repeating over and over again.
- Pork Chops (less than 1 inch thick) – Thin-cut pork chops are not only quick-cooking but also offer a delightful combination of tenderness and flavor. Opting for bone-in chops adds an extra layer of juiciness, as the bone helps retain moisture during cooking. If you can't find thin-cut chops, you can ask your butcher to cut them for you or purchase regular pork chops and slice them horizontally to achieve the desired thickness. The thinner the pork chops, the less time they will take to cook.
- Olive Oil – Use your favorite light, neutral-flavored oil. You could also use ghee or melted butter for more flavor.
- Steak or Chop Seasoning – Your chosen seasoning is the secret to elevating the flavor of the pork chops. I use Montreal Steak seasoning but you can use your favorite or make your own blend. Combine salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and additional herbs and spices to your liking to make your own spice blend.
See recipe card for exact quantities and instructions.
How to Air Fry Thin Pork Chops
- Pat the pork chops dry then rub them with oil and season both sides generously.
2. Cook thin pork chops in the air fryer in a single layer for 10 to 12 minutes or until the internal temperature of pork chops are between 145 degrees F to 160 degrees F, if you like them more well done.
Hint: Patting the pork chops dry with a paper towel helps the oil and seasoning to stick better.
It's so easy to change up this meal simply by making a few adaptations.
- Herb-Crusted Pork Chops – Replace the steak or chop seasoning with a mixture of fresh or dried herbs such as thyme, rosemary, and parsley. Add a dash of garlic powder for extra flavor.
- Spicy BBQ Pork Chops – Mix a teaspoon of your favorite BBQ seasoning with a pinch of cayenne pepper for some heat. You can also brush the chops with a thin layer of your preferred BBQ sauce before air frying.
- Citrus-Marinated Pork Chops – Combine olive oil with freshly squeezed citrus juice (orange, lemon, or lime) and zest. Marinate the pork chops for 30 minutes before air frying to infuse them with a zesty and refreshing flavor.
- Soy-Ginger Pork Chops – Create a marinade with soy sauce, grated ginger, minced garlic, and a touch of honey. Marinate the pork chops for at least 15 minutes before air frying. Garnish with chopped green onions before serving.
- Panko-Crusted Pork Chops – Dip the seasoned pork chops in beaten egg, then coat with a mixture of panko breadcrumbs and grated Parmesan cheese. Air fry for a crispy, crunchy exterior.
- Mediterranean-Style Pork Chops – Replace the steak or chop seasoning with a blend of Mediterranean herbs like oregano, basil, and thyme. Serve the pork chops with a side of Greek salad and tzatziki for a fresh twist.
- Maple-Mustard Glazed Pork Chops – Combine Dijon mustard, maple syrup, and a dash of apple cider vinegar for a sweet and tangy glaze. Brush the chops with the glaze before air frying and drizzle more before serving.
When selecting an air fryer, size matters, especially when aiming for perfectly cooked pork chops. Opting for a larger air fryer or an air fryer oven provides the crucial benefit of having ample space to arrange thin pork chops (or whatever you're cooking) in a single layer. This ensures even cooking and that coveted golden-brown exterior. The ability to spread out your ingredients prevents overcrowding, allowing hot air to circulate efficiently around each chop, resulting in a crispier texture.
Larger air fryers often come equipped with more advanced features and presets, offering versatility for various recipes beyond pork chops. Investing in a spacious air fryer not only enhances your cooking experience but also broadens the scope of delectable meals you can whip up effortlessly.
Store the leftover pork chops in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
You can freeze these in an airtight container or freezer bags for up to 2 months.
You can easily reheat pork chops in the air fryer set at 350 degrees F. Thin pork chops are prone to drying out so be sure to heat them until they are just warmed through and serve immediately.
Air Frying Tips
- Before seasoning, ensure the pork chops are thoroughly patted dry. This helps in achieving a crispy exterior during air frying and helps the seasoning to stick.
- Opt for thin-cut bone-in pork chops for juicier and more flavorful results. The bone adds moisture and enhances the overall taste.
- Don't be shy with the seasoning. Whether using a steak or chop seasoning or a custom blend, a generous seasoning adds depth and character to the pork chops.
- Allow the air fryer to preheat for at least 5 minutes at the recommended temperature (400 degrees F in this case). Preheating ensures that the pork chops start cooking immediately upon placement, contributing to a more even result.
- For optimal air circulation, arrange the pork chops in a single layer in the air fryer basket or on the rack. This prevents overcrowding and ensures each chop gets that perfect golden-brown crust.
- To achieve uniform browning and for best results, flip the pork chops once during cooking. This ensures that both sides receive equal heat exposure.
- While the suggested cooking times are helpful, it's always a good idea to use a meat thermometer to ensure the pork chops reach the desired internal temperature for safety and taste. Check the internal temperature of the meat to make sure they are done. Pork needs to cook at a minimum of 145 degrees to amke sure it is safe to eat. You also do not want to overcook as you will get tough pork chops.
These succulent chops pair seamlessly with an array of sides, making them a delightful centerpiece for any meal. Whether plated alongside classic mashed potatoes and steamed vegetables for a comforting dinner, or nestled on a bed of vibrant quinoa salad for a lighter lunch, the options are limitless. Here are a few of my favorite pairings:
- Sauteed Zucchini and Tomatoes
- Classic House Salad Recipe
- Cavatelli and Broccoli
- Oven Roasted Baby Potatoes
- 21 Best Side Dishes for Pork Chops
While bone-in pork chops contribute to juiciness, you can use boneless chops. Adjust cooking times slightly as cooking time will be shorter for chops with no bone, and consider marinating boneless chops for added flavor to this pork chop recipe.
You can season the pork chops in advance and refrigerate them up to 24 hours until you're ready to air fry. Just ensure they come to room temperature before cooking.
If you have a smaller air fryer you will want to cook these in batches so you can still have the pork chops in a single layer.
Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature. For juicy pork, aim for 145 degrees Fahrenheit; for more well-done chops, go for 160 degrees Fahrenheit. Pay attention to the thickness of your pork chops as thick chops take longer to cook.
More Pork Chop Recipes
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
If you like this Air Fryer Pork Chops recipe, please leave a 5-star rating.
Easy Air Fryer Thin Pork Chops
- 1 air fryer
- 4 thin cut bone-in pork chops (less than 1 inch thick)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon steak or chop seasoning
- Preheat air fryer for 5 minutes at 400 degrees F. Pat the pork chops dry then rub them with olive oil and seasonings.
- Place the pork chops in a single layer of the air fryer basket or rack. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes or until the internal temperature of pork chops are between 145 degrees or 160 degrees if you like them more well done. Flip one time in the middle of cooking. The outside of the chops should be golden brown. Remove from air fryer and serve immediately.
Thanks for stopping by! Subscribe to Jersey Girl Cooks if you would like more recipes and cooking tips sent to your email. You can also order my Super Easy Cookbook for Beginners and follow me on social media - Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.