Easter Rice Krispie Treats are cute snacks or desserts which are super easy to make. Make a batch of these Easter nests the night before Easter while you are coloring eggs.
I wish I was one of those creative, crafty moms but I was not born with much artistic ability. Cooking savory dinners such as Stovetop Mac and Cheese, Mini Lasagna Bolognese , and Italian Stuffed Peppers are more my style.
Back in the day when my kids were younger, my son informed me at 6pm that he needed to bring in a treat to school the next day. My choices were to run to the local store and pick up some goodies or scramble to make something quick and easy.
I decided on taking the harder road. As my husband stated, I have a reputation to uphold. What would my son's class think if the mom who had a food blog sent in store bought treats? So these Easter Rice Krispie Treats were born.
What Ingredients do you need for these Easter Rice Krispie Treats?
- Crispy Rice Cereal
- Frosting or Icing
- Jelly Beans
After checking my pantry, I realized we had a few boxes of Rice Krispies Cereal so I decided to make good use of them. This is what I came up with. Mini muffin pans can be used to start the base of these nests.
I made a quick trip to the grocery store and purchased some icing, marshmallows and jelly beans. If you can't find green icing, you can add a few drops of food coloring to a can of white icing.
This project was pretty painless even for a decorating and craft deficient mom like me. The Easter treats were completed in less than an hour which included clean up time too. My kids and I had a great time making them!
Other Easter dessert recipe ideas:
Need other dessert recipes? Here are some good ones!
What are your favorite easy desserts or treats to make at Easter time?
Easter Rice Krispie Treats
- muffin tin
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- ½ package 10 oz marshmallows
- 3 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 can Green frosting see note**
- 16 ounces Jelly beans
- In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add crispy rice cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Using wet hands (see note*), put balls of mixture into a (24 cup) mini muffin tin coated with cooking spray. Flatten mixture to fit muffin-pan cups. Cool.
- Carefully remove from pan.
- Spread or pipe green frosting on the tops of each cup. Top with two to three jelly beans.
- Best if served the same day.
- MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS:
- For step one, in microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Continue with next steps. Microwave cooking times may vary.