These Candy Corn Halloween Cupcakes are the perfect treat to make to celebrate Halloween. Everyone loves these semi homemade Halloween treats!
Halloween is right around the corner so it is time to start thinking about some treats. Many years ago, I was asked to be part of McCormick's Spooky Squad and the first thing I made was some candy corn cupcakes. I am not a big candy corn person. The rest of my family loves them and I don't mind eating the cupcakes. I just take the candy corn off the top and let my children fight over the extra candy corn.
My kids are older now and not really into cute Halloween cupcakes but I decided to update this post with more Halloween treats and recipes (scroll down below) because it's always fun to celebrate with some goodies. And I bet if these are on the kitchen counter, someone will eat them!
Ingredients Needed for Candy Corn Halloween Cupcakes
These cupcakes are very easy to make. It is a good thing because I am not very creative when it comes to Halloween treats. I can always use some help when it comes to cake decorating. With a little help from McCormick, I have plenty of treat ideas. These cupcakes require very few ingredients and the recipe is simple like I want things to be when baking cupcakes.
- 1 box white cake mix plus cake ingredients
- food coloring
- premade icing
- assorted sprinkles or decorations
- candy corn
You can really go to town and use whatever sprinkles or decorations you'd like. This is a great Halloween cupcake recipe to make with young kids as it is not complicated and they will enjoy decorating the cupcakes. The important thing is to have fun with it!
For a healthier Halloween treat, try my Candy Corn Fruit Cups!
Candy Corn Halloween Cupcakes
- 1 package 18 ¼ ounces white cake mix
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- McCormick® Assorted Food Colors & Egg Dye
- 1 container 16 ounces vanilla frosting
- Assorted decorations such as orange sprinkles and candy corn
- any extra ingredients for boxed cake
- Prepare cake mix as directed on package, adding vanilla. Divide batter in half. Tint one batch yellow with ⅓ teaspoon yellow food color. Tint second batch orange with ¼ teaspoon yellow food color and ⅛ teaspoon red food color.
- Fill each paper-lined muffin cup ⅓ full with yellow batter. Gently add orange batter on top of yellow batter, filling each muffin cup ⅔ full. Bake as directed on package for cupcakes. Cool cupcakes on wire rack.
- Frost cupcakes. Decorate with sprinkles and candy corn.
More Treats for Halloween
- SWEET AND SALTY FALL SNACK MIX
- WITCH HAT COOKIES via Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- PUMPKIN MONKEY BREAD MUFFINS
- MINI SALTED CARAMEL APPLE PIES
- HALLOWEEN MUMMY CAKE POPS via Karen's Kitchen Stories